Bowden out at Clemson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowden out at Clemson

Steve Spurrier turned down going back to Fl. again to
go to SC for less money because he didn't like the A.D.

Hey dude...
Not trying to talk smack...but if Davis is still in NC
past next year,I'll never post on FinHeaven again.

As you have so laboriously pointed out in a series of repetitive posts, the only coaches to turn down higher salaries did so to remain in the college ranks. And while Butch Davis has proven to be a very successful college coach, his professional debut was far from spectacular. As Carroll has proven, past failures can be forgotten over time, but Butch will have to wait a while for those folks to come a'callin again.

With Spurrier....noone ever offered him a job so we'll never know. But we can assume differences over the succession of his son and the level of departmental control made it too difficult to reach the point of contract negotiation. Davis does not have similar problems at UNC.

As you have so laboriously pointed out in a series of repetitive posts, the only coaches to turn down higher salaries did so to remain in the college ranks. And while Butch Davis has proven to be a very successful college coach, his professional debut was far from spectacular. As Carroll has proven, past failures can be forgotten over time, but Butch will have to wait a while for those folks to come a'callin again.

With Spurrier....noone ever offered him a job so we'll never know. But we can assume differences over the succession of his son and the level of departmental control made it too difficult to reach the point of contract negotiation. Davis does not have similar problems at UNC.

Answer me this...
Davis accepted the NC job before the the Bama job came open.
Do you think Butch would have turned Bama down for NC?
Do you think NC is a better football job than Auburn or Tenn?
Try looking at it ,not being from Carolina.
I'm not trying to start anything,I think Butch is a great coach
and I think he is using NC as a stepping stone.

Answer me this...
Davis accepted the NC job before the the Bama job came open.
Do you think Butch would have turned Bama down for NC?

Can't answer that....dunno.

Do you think NC is a better football job than Auburn or Tenn?
Try looking at it ,not being from Carolina.
I'm not trying to start anything,I think Butch is a great coach
and I think he is using NC as a stepping stone.

I think Davis can get the same players at UNC that he could at Auburn or Tenn and Chapel Hill is a much nicer place to raise a kid. Mac Brown proved that it isn't too difficult to beat out Tennesse and Clemson for local talent. At that time UNC and more importantly its alumni weren't willing to shell out the dollars to build a contending football program. For whatever reason they're willing to do so now.

Anything's possible, but it is never good to speak in certainties. It only makes you look foolish when proven wrong.

Are you comparing the Texas football facilities to North Carolina's?
Don't mention Clemson...I consider all ACC football programs weak.

What exactly are you reading that leads you to conclude anyone was comparing Texas to Carolina?

Mac Brown proved that it isn't too difficult to beat out Tennesse and Clemson for local talent.

Sounds like you are comparing Mac Brown at Texas to Butch at
NC.

Yes....Mack Brown is really concerned about dominating the Carolinas and beating out Clemson for recruits when he has all of Texas clamoring to play on his team.

My bad...I didn't know M Brown coached at NC.
Damn,why did he leave since North Carolina is a "great"
place to win Nat'l championships in football.
Same reason Butch will be gone on to a better football
school.

school.

davis could of had a lot more prestiges football job and past them for NC. i think hes going to be there a while. and as a FSU fan, its gonna suck

school.

Brown left for three times the salary, double the operating budget, and a far better pool of recruits. If the UNC football program was in the state it was in '97 then I'd agree that Davis would be leaving shortly, but then again if it was in that state Davis wouldn't have come in the first place.

Carolina is not going to compete with the likes of Texas, USC, Miami, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc... for obvious reasons. But the school is more than capable of creating a football program comparable to those at Auburn and Tennesee.

Brown left for three times the salary, double the operating budget, and a far better pool of recruits. If the UNC football program was in the state it was in '97 then I'd agree that Davis would be leaving shortly, but then again if it was in that state Davis wouldn't have come in the first place.

Carolina is not going to compete with the likes of Texas, USC, Miami, Ohio State, Notre Dame, etc... for obvious reasons. But the school is more than capable of creating a football program comparable to those at Auburn and Tennesee.

Agreed. The days of "Highway 70, UNC 0" are gone.

Mac Brown did alot for UNC, but, he repeated all his mistakes...Ignoreing ST, platooning QBs at TX until Vince Young came around.

school.

UNC has a very good possibility of becomeing an ACC, and, therefor NAtional power. Will they ever be USC? No. But they can certainly be successful witht he right recruiting in the ACC area.

Back
Top Bottom