Bowens injury is true/will miss at least 3 mos. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowens injury is true/will miss at least 3 mos.

He's going to miss training camp, but at least it's not the whole year.

Until Nov...That's just about the whole year. but might be in time for the December push. I just read this before I got to the board and was shocked it took so long for it to finally be confirmed.

We have a Qb who trips over his dog and gets injured, and now a DE who changes a lightbulb and tears his A.C.L....which begs the question;

How many Dolphins does it take to change a lightbulb...? ;)

I don't believe this story yet. Jumping off a ladder changing a lightbulb?? If he's changing a lightbulb on 10 ft ceiling...and being 6'2".....he's not that high up. Not much of a jump down at all.

Now, if his ceiling's are higher than that......he's probably changing some kind of chandelier hanging from a high point in a mansion. And that would make him a dumbass to be doing such a thing (jumping from way up high).

Still, I'm very skeptical of this account. I think he was playing basketball or something.

I say we make a huge padded room, then we stick the entire Fins roster in there until the season begins, lol. Its bad enough when they get taken out on the field, let alone at home.

Originally posted by Muck
I don't believe this story yet. Jumping off a ladder changing a lightbulb?? If he's changing a lightbulb on 10 ft ceiling...and being 6'2".....he's not that high up. Not much of a jump down at all.

Now, if his ceiling's are higher than that......he's probably changing some kind of chandelier hanging from a high point in a mansion. And that would make him a dumbass to be doing such a thing (jumping from way up high).

Still, I'm very skeptical of this account. I think he was playing basketball or something.

I had a buddy do something similar. I think the key point of the story is how he landed.

another stupid accident......

it's not duke's jay williams...

but it's till awkward...

Kenny Mixon had a good wipeout on his motorcycle too.

Originally posted by slimshadyp7
how will this effect our game?

Not much as we are pretty deep at DE. Just means Williams and Burnett will log a lot of time at DE which shouldn't be a problem this year as I get the feeling Zgonina will be backing up both DT spots and we won't do as much sliding of DE's inside.

What was killed those was that glimmer of hope that Bowens could be a starting caliber DE that we could let Wally go next year. We need at least an average DE whose strength is stopping the run but can pop a couple of sacks up ala Mixon so we can let Ogun goes as a restricted next year.

Good news to hear that Bowens will be back in November ( the earliest I believe).. I thought he would be out the entire year so atleast we get him for 2-3 months.. Jay Williams and Burnett now need to step up and hopefully Lamanzer can pull a "Wally" Training Camp of last year.. Injuries are a part of football.. It was no surprise to me that someone is out already but how he got injured really bothers me.. These football players need to stay away from danger in their personal lives.. Whether it's changing a light bulb or playing with your dog or riding your bike... For the good of the team.. They got to be careful.. This kind of injury is mind boggling to read about.. What a disgrace.. :nono:

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things...First, this pisses me off.......
It also could provide more leverage for Adewale Ogunleye, who had 9.5 sacks in his first season as a starter. Ogunleye, an exclusive rights player, has sought a long-term deal rather than playing for the one-year, $375,000 tender the team has offered.
.....If this happens, Wale and I are not going to be friends, ever. I would think he's a POS, and would cheer for his trade on a daily basis...

Second, muck, I tore my acl jumping over a ditch, a 3' wide ditch that I jumped over everyday to get to my mail box, one day the landing just wasn't right and everything came apart....It really wasn't anything different than any other day....even now I can't look back and tell you where I did anything differently for that particular jump.

Back
Top Bottom