Bowens injury is true/will miss at least 3 mos. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowens injury is true/will miss at least 3 mos.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Second, muck, I tore my acl jumping over a ditch, a 3' wide ditch that I jumped over everyday to get to my mail box, one day the landing just wasn't right and everything came apart....It really wasn't anything different than any other day....even now I can't look back and tell you where I did anything differently for that particular jump.

Uhhh... Dude, I don't want to point out the obvoius or anything, but if you're jumping over a 3' ditch, everyday, just to get your mail.... wouldn't it be easier to ...say.... fill the ditch in? or at least "bridge" it? :hmmm:

D. Bowens was canned by the BRONCOS and picked up by GB. Adam Schefter of the Denver Post commented that Bowens left "owing debts he did not honor." :goof:

Originally posted by Muck
I don't believe this story yet. Jumping off a ladder changing a lightbulb?? If he's changing a lightbulb on 10 ft ceiling...and being 6'2".....he's not that high up. Not much of a jump down at all.

Now, if his ceiling's are higher than that......he's probably changing some kind of chandelier hanging from a high point in a mansion. And that would make him a dumbass to be doing such a thing (jumping from way up high).

Still, I'm very skeptical of this account. I think he was playing basketball or something.

This must surely qualify for second place in the Forum's "THE STUPID FILE":mad:

Originally posted by WharfRat

Tatonka,

There was absolutely no need for you to attempt to turn this thread into smack. :tsk:

Wharf, ... maybe you could talk to him about his grammar, too. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tatonka
the slow unravelling of the perfect season are upon you, friends.

McGarrahan and Gaylon need to both make the team now. They are both special teams aces. We used 4 DE's last year on passing downs taking out Chester and Timbo. It was very successful. This injury is going to hurt. We need to make sure Ogun is in training camp the first day. It's not time to quibble. Go ahead and sign him to a 3 year deal.

Originally posted by Tatonka
the slow unravelling of the perfect season are upon you, friends.

Even the simple "How many Miami Dolphins does it take to change a light bulb" line doesn't seem funny in this case. :o

Originally posted by WharfRat

Uhhh... Dude, I don't want to point out the obvoius or anything, but if you're jumping over a 3' ditch, everyday, just to get your mail.... wouldn't it be easier to ...say.... fill the ditch in? or at least "bridge" it? :hmmm:

he//, I coulda just stayed on the drive way and walked around......Jumping the ditch was never a problem, until one time, it all went sour......shoot, the hard part was getting to the mailbox which was across the road......Let's just say that this was a busy road and people were generally in a big hurry......I still remember laying in my front yard rolling around in agony and fear(when you just felt your leg come apart, yes FEAR, is way up there on the list of feelings) and watching cars just wiz by, not 15 feet away.....after about 10 minutes I crawled to the front door of my house, and still not one car even slowed down, There's no doubt in my mind that every car that went by knew that I was hurt and laying near the side of the road and still no one stopped.

I still get mad when I think about it.

It finally made the Herald as well:

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/6245221.htm

But in one instant, a freak accident at his home curtailed Bowens' 2003 season before it started. While changing a light bulb Monday, he jumped off a ladder, landed awkwardly and tore an anterior cruciate ligament. The injury is expected to keep him sidelined until at least November.

BOWENS has to be lying about this......

what is it about pro atheletes, they cannot

be careful enough...when i read about this

but after thinking about it, it has to be a

cover up.... but how did he do it??//

Some strange, but true stories about how some athletes got hurt.

Glenallen Hill - Toronto Bluejays OF - Fell out of bed after having a nightmare about spiders. Put on the DL.
Roberto Clemente - Hurt his back as he fell out of a hammock. Put on the DL.
Rickey Henderson - Suffered frostbite in August after leaving an ice pack on his foot too long.

and the that takes the cake is...

Kevin Mitchell - OF San Francisco Giants - hurt his tooth by eating a cupcake.

Back
Top Bottom