Boy I wished we were picking #2 this year! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boy I wished we were picking #2 this year!

Miamifin23

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
No disrespect to Ronnie Brown, because I love him, but this would be the year to have the 2nd overall pick in the draft. We could go many options, we could draft Leinart, Young, or Bush... (whoever Houston wouldnt draft). We would have the option of getting a QB for the future, or grabbing a RB that is a game changer. Reggie Bush isn't a back that will give you 20+ carries a game, but him teamed up with Ricky Williams would be a big time 1, 2 punch. I feel this years draft is deeper from top to bottem, and this would also give the option of trading down to a team like the Raiders who desperately need a QB and might be willing to give up about anything to grab Young or Leinart. Don't get me wrong, I love Ronnie Brown, but I would have much rather had the 2nd overall pick this year, rather than last year.

I'm happy with #16...glad we didn't suck again this year!

i would definitly agree with wishing we had the number 2 pick this year, still love ronnie though

I'd rather be 9-7, ending the season on a 6 game winning streak and 3-5 players away like we are now, than 4-12, picking second and still having questions at QB, RB, O-Line, WR opposite Chambers, and the D-Line... now we have two excellent RB's, an improving O-line (with more improvements to come), and some good veteran D-lineman with excellent leadership... and, we are going to be good salary cap wise.. but I see your point, some luck having us pick #2 last year with some good but not great picks available versus this year and Bush, Leinart, possilby Young...

Slappy8800 said:
personally i dont think Bush is pro material

funny to hear that from a person who wants Joey Harrington to be our QB next year...

Originally Posted by Slappy8800
personally i dont think Bush is pro material

funny to hear that from a person who wants Joey Harrington to be our QB next year...

Wait... really?

Don't watch much college or NFC North football, do you, Slappy.

i know that during his first pro workout Bush threwup numerous times, i know that during the rose bowl he was out of the game mentally...dont get me wrong, he is an exceptional college player....but he was on the sideline when his team needed a big play. that says something.

i also like how when someone disagrees with something everyone starts with the personal attacks

And folks, now slappy the GM is here to make his pick in this years NFL Draft... with the ( ) pick in the draft, slappy picks, Joey Harrington, Oregon... the commisioner, "Um slappy, you know Reggie Bush is still on the board and he is a great back that one the heisman and all right".. Slappy, yeah, but, I'm gonna stick with Harrington.. thanks though"... LMAO

Slappy8800 said:
i also like how when someone disagrees with something everyone starts with the personal attacks

It's not that, it's just funny to see someone say that Bush isn't pro material... He is clearly the next Marshall Faulk/ LT... you're entitled to your opinion, but we're entitled to disagree and mock your opinion all the same... no hard feelings..

Ronnie is a franchise player.

I'm glad we didn't end up with Alex Smith!

Back
Top Bottom