Boycott Blockbuster | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boycott Blockbuster

CASSINO

Starter
Reaction score
:pirate: If you don't like the move the Miami Dolphins did or if they keep Jay at QB then boycott Blockbuster, why because Wayne H owns Blockbuster video or plan and simply do not go to the game and do not renew season tickets.

This is so stupid. What the hell is avoiding a Video/DVD rental store going to do?? Cut Jay and Fire Wanny?? How retarded. Not that I agree or disagree with the decision that has been made, but you're either a Dolphins fan or your not. And if you don't support them right now because we suck then get out of the kitchen!!!

I all ready do after I found out that Blockbuster edits movies for sex and viloence? Whats with that?

Blockbuster rules! I get "previously viewed" dvds from there all of the time. Renting sucks. I just buy movies. It's much smarter than paying a 3 weeks late fee.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
this does not apply to me, I dont rent my movies at blockbuster.
Does Wayne own the Adult Video shops WCoast? :lol:

Viacom owns Blockbuster and has since the middle 90s. Blockbuster does not edit any movies, they simply don't carry any really adult type movies.

Besides, if you want to boycott, simply don't spend any money on *Doplhin* related items. Or you could just boycott petroleum instead.

Originally posted by Scrappy
Blockbuster rules! I get "previously viewed" dvds from there all of the time. Renting sucks. I just buy movies. It's much smarter than paying a 3 weeks late fee.
Haha! I di the same thing . They were charging me tons of $$$ when the movie cost $7 brand New.

I rented from Blockbuster last night for the first time in ages. ( I usally go to Hollywood video or NetFlix). I gotta say I was pissed. The last time previous to this time's rental the movie was all scratched. This time, The Hot Chick DVD is all scratched up. No Wonder I don't go there anymore.

Originally posted by justafan
Haha! I di the same thing . They were charging me tons of $$$ when the movie cost $7 brand New.

Actually Blockbuster and other video rental stores pay up to $100 for EACH video/dvd. Becuase they have to buy the "rights" for the movie because they are "renting" them out, with requires licensing. That's why it is illegal for you or I to buy a movie for $19.99 and then "rent" them to people for $$.

Originally posted by justafan
Glad to see I'm not alone. I once had a $90 late charge at Erols. I never actually paid it. It's just the principle of the matter. Why rent when I probably won't bring it back on time anyways?

Best reason to boycott Blockbusters is that when there is an option, they will stock pan and scan rather than widescreen. That is a travesty. (at least at my Blockbuster ymmv)

Texphinphan

You guys should boycott the Marlins if you're mad. Oh wait, he doesn't own them anymore either. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom