Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team

TJ Yates? Nice try. Philbin had a rookie Tannehill. Gase had a more polished Tannehill. Sparano won as many games with Moore, Henne, and Thigpen. Is Gase as good as Sparano?
I could have an honest debate over Sparano vs. Gase but saying that Philbin had a rookie Tannehill when Ryan started every game for him through his entire career here is just laughable. I think people forget just how good Chad Pennington was in 2008, he was a savior to this team.

It's not random. You cherry picked one season where Gase had 2 more wins than Philbin. Philbin had 3 full seasons.
3 losses and Gase is 16-16. Philbin was 15-17 after his first 2 seasons and, again, with those totals so close how many were won and lost by a kicker? Because I don't think Gase was coaching the other team to miss a field goal or Philbin coaching his guy to miss.
So, basically, your decision making as to who is a better coach or not boils down to kickers? You're randomly deciding that if a game is decided by a kicker, that is a true pointer as to coaching ability? Ludicrous.

Like I said, results driven league. At the end of the day, we've made the playoffs. Be it because of kickers or not. Gase / Philbin are responsible for the kicker, no? You were claiming a while back that it's the coach who makes the roster, not the FO. If that's the case, and the coach chooses the kicker, then if that kicker fails him, then it's on the coach.

You can't have it any which way you want.

Also, I didn't use it as proof. I was asking if you had anything else like the things I mentioned. But, obviously you do not.
No, your comment was that there is "no evidence that he's a better coach". I pointed to better results. You know, things that matter. As far as I recall, teams make the playoffs based on results. I might be wrong on that.

Maybe the NFL actually sit there and go through each game and say "You know, the kicker missed that, so really, that team should have won, so let's put them in the playoffs".

I used one simple line to completely disprove your point. But, instead of accepting that, "hey, I don't really like it, but yeah, there is actually some proof" you started going off on some hogwash about random stats, and kickers missing field goals etc.

If the argument is that Gase won 2 more games than Philbin and got into the playoffs, then showing that Philbin lost more than 2 games because his kicker missed while Gase won because his kicker made it or the other team missed, then it would prove that Gase's coaching was not the reason Miami made the playoffs and Philbin's teams did not.
I'll post the stats in a separate thread to see how close the two are to each other.
Bottom line: Philbin's team didn't get the job done for whatever reason and Gase's did.

I find the constant chatter of criticizing Gase's play calling is over blown, with the Oline still a mess and basically unable to protect our QBs with any consistency, this has forced him to call a conservative offensive game plan.

Well, I'm looking at that "whatever reason" is. It appears to be as small of a difference as missed field goals because all other stats are equal.

So you're discarding the reason you were given because...you don't like it?

Maybe. We saw Philbin do this. Was he really in control?
If he wins out I'll say he took control. If they beat the Bills twice I'll say he took control. But if they come out flat, or bumble their way to another 3 quarters of no points or go back to the team that has been the MO for Gase teams (unprepared, confused, flat, barely winning vs bad teams)...boy, I'm just not convinced he has their attention or the aptitude to get it.
CAPTAIN
tumblr_inline_mou5mq16ol1qz4rgp.gif

OVERREACTION

I find the constant chatter of criticizing Gase's play calling is over blown, with the Oline still a mess and basically unable to protect our QBs with any consistency, this has forced him to call a conservative offensive game plan.
You mean like Joe Philbin's oline caused him to run a conservative offense?

Gase is twice the coach Philbin was

Easily!! Is this seriously something people are arguing lol Philbin knows he'll NEVER get a Head Coaching job again meanwhile Gase could resign and teams would gladly sign him as their head coach this offseason. The Gase hate NEVER ends!!! Short of winning a SB, I honestly don't know what fans want anymore. He's 16-13 with a retired Qb in the season right after making the playoffs. If you don't like Gase, there's gotta be something personal some don't like. We should be proud as hell to have him as our Head Coach. Last I checked, we're not a team that can afford to dump a successful head coach lol All the false allegations against his coaching and handling of situations quickly got put into the "nowhere to be found Gase bashers" Lol

You mean like Joe Philbin's oline caused him to run a conservative offense?

Wasn't Joe Philbin supposed to make the offensive line good? That is his forte lol You may not like Gase but come on lol Philbin is the O-line coach for the Colts and that's probably the end for him.

Easily!! Is this seriously something people are arguing lol Philbin knows he'll NEVER get a Head Coaching job again meanwhile Gase could resign and teams would gladly sign him as their head coach this offseason. The Gase hate NEVER ends!!! Short of winning a SB, I honestly don't know what fans want anymore. He's 16-13 with a retired Qb in the season right after making the playoffs. If you don't like Gase, there's gotta be something personal some don't like. We should be proud as hell to have him as our Head Coach. Last I checked, we're not a team that can afford to dump a successful head coach lol All the false allegations against his coaching and handling of situations quickly got put into the "nowhere to be found Gase bashers" Lol
My argument is simply that at this point in Philbin's tenure, your argument would be the same in FAVOR OF Philbin.
"Philbin had a rookie QB. He lost a couple of games because of a few fg's missed. His oline just isn't that good. He BEAT THE PATRIOTS."
Yet, look what happened. What is the clear, obvious evidence that Gase isn't heading down the same road? There's a few people that have offered some explanations in the relevant thread.

Back
Top Bottom