Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Poppinga: Gase might have lost the team

Wasn't Joe Philbin supposed to make the offensive line good? That is his forte lol You may not like Gase but come on lol Philbin is the O-line coach for the Colts and that's probably the end for him.
Wasn't Gase supposed to make the offense good? I mean that's his forte lol

When players execute the offense is exceptional. Watch Monday night's game again.
Again, this is the same excuse for Philbin. If only the players on his offensive line executed. Like when they beat New England in the home opener 33-20.

My argument is simply that at this point in Philbin's tenure, your argument would be the same in FAVOR OF Philbin.
"Philbin had a rookie QB. He lost a couple of games because of a few fg's missed. His oline just isn't that good. He BEAT THE PATRIOTS."
Yet, look what happened. What is the clear, obvious evidence that Gase isn't heading down the same road? There's a few people that have offered some explanations in the relevant thread.

One guy has the "it" factor. The other guy didn't. One guy could get a job as a Head Coach other places. The other couldn't. I'm not the one who thinks so lowly of Philbin to hire him as their O-line coach..The Colts are..At this point in Philbin's tenure, he didn't make the playoffs nor has the up and coming talent that Gase has developed. We had Tannehill with Philbin..Why did Gase get the best out of him and Philbin couldn't get past 500%? I was at the Jaguars game and seen the players clearly give up on Philbin. Gase would cut their asses and they know that. Right there is a huge difference. As a Head coach, respect and understanding the players culture is everything in today's NFL. Philbin is too bland and the players know it. Gase has brought a whole new excitement around the Dolphins that we haven't had in years. Even going 6-5 with Cutler is something to say Wow!! The guy has been dealt a terrible hand that Philbin never was. If Philbin was a good coach, we all know he wouldn't be thankful to be coaching the Colts horrid O-line.

When players execute the offense is exceptional. Watch Monday night's game again.

It's not playcalling, It's execution. I've went to games. I've seen it with my own eyes. Cutler missed open receivers down the field all year long. Gase called the right plays if executed correctly.

One guy has the "it" factor. The other guy didn't. One guy could get a job as a Head Coach other places. The other couldn't. I'm not the one who thinks so lowly of Philbin to hire him as their O-line coach..The Colts are..At this point in Philbin's tenure, he didn't make the playoffs nor has the up and coming talent that Gase has developed. We had Tannehill with Philbin..Why did Gase get the best out of him and Philbin couldn't get past 500%? I was at the Jaguars game and seen the players clearly give up on Philbin. Gase would cut their asses and they know that. Right there is a huge difference. As a Head coach, respect and understanding the players culture is everything in today's NFL. Philbin is too bland and the players know it. Gase has brought a whole new excitement around the Dolphins that we haven't had in years. Even going 6-5 with Cutler is something to say Wow!! The guy has been dealt a terrible hand that Philbin never was. If Philbin was a good coach, we all know he wouldn't be thankful to be coaching the Colts horrid O-line.
Tannehill was no better with Gase than with Philbin. I think your revisionist history is skewing your perception. Please, go to the relevant thread and view the statistics there. Or don't. I'm done discussing the same thing over and over from scratch.

uh-oh, that will be a problem for some- there is no stat listed for that...

It is pretty arbitrary. Makes having a discussion come to a hault. "My opinion is based on an immeasurable quality that I refuse to define."
Maybe the "it" factor is when kickers come up to make a field goal, the opposition misses instead of his own team. Which was measured and documented. So if Gase is twice the coach based on that, then OK.

Wasn't Gase supposed to make the offense good? I mean that's his forte lol

Ya he made Ryan Tannehill into a top 12 passer and the 4th best deep passer while having a RB with the 4th most rushing yds. And we went to the playoffs his first year. Is it Gase's fault Tannehill tore his ACL? I know everything's Gases fault to some. 6-5 with a Jay Cutler led offense is impressive. I never heard anyone defend Joe Philbin like this lol He's the O-line coach for the shitty colts lol

It is pretty arbitrary. Makes having a discussion come to a hault. "My opinion is based on an immeasurable quality that I refuse to define."
Maybe the "it" factor is when kickers come up to make a field goal, the opposition misses instead of his own team. Which was measured and documented. So if Gase is twice the coach based on that, then OK.

Ya he made Ryan Tannehill into a top 12 passer and the 4th best deep passer while having a RB with the 4th most rushing yds. And we went to the playoffs his first year. Is it Gase's fault Tannehill tore his ACL? I know everything's Gases fault to some. 6-5 with a Jay Cutler led offense is impressive. I never heard anyone defend Joe Philbin like this lol He's the O-line coach for the ****ty colts lol
Well, I personally am not defending Philbin. I'm saying the exact same defense for Gase could be and was used for Philbin.

Life was better in a lot of ways before we had forums for spewing hatred based agendas.

If this forum existed after the 84 season, it would have been filled with the similar complaints about Shula and Marino. The noise, year after year, would have been deafening.

Let me try a few:
We don’t have a run game because Marino won’t allow it.
Marino is all about stats.
The OL is always pass blocking and never gets in a groove.
Wasn’t Shula supposed to be a ball control, defense guy? Why are we the opposite.
We will never win with this run and gun style offense.
Shula is too stubborn and won’t change how he coaches.
Shula is too stubborn and won’t fire his assistant friends.
Shula keeps hiring his kids. Those positions should go to someone qualified.
We will never beat the bills as long as Shula is the coach.

I enjoy a lot of this forum. But some people enjoy being unhappy. It is sad.

What makes the discussion come to a halt is the simple question of why are you arguing for Joe Philbin lol You're a Dolphin fan correct? How did Philbin come to your mind when talking about Gase? Or at all? Do you just not like Gase? What do you want from Gase that in your mind would make him as good as coach as Philbin? lol

Back
Top Bottom