Brady Quinn no chance to start week 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brady Quinn no chance to start week 1

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
Some Browns have confirmed to the Akron Beacon-Journal that Derek Anderson would probably be their starting quarterback if the "season started today."

It's one of the big stories coming from minicamp season. Anderson's name is surely written in pencil and Charlie Frye has never been known as a great practice player. The first two weeks of training camp should decide the winner. Brady Quinn doesn't have a chance to be the Week 1 starter.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Obviously the kid is not looking like a first round pick and while Jemarcus Russell has shown signs and is competing for the # 1 spot in Oakland, Quinn is the third QB on the depth chart and is not looking like starter material. Makes me feel a whole lot better we snagged Ginn.

i agree, but i'm extremely nervous about beck as well...his age bothers me too!

It's only been mini camp and i doubt that they were going to start him anyway. What happened to Charlie Frye, he's getting beat out by Derrick Anderson?

I embrasse Beck's age, the kid has maturity. If you have any doubts just go to you tube and type his name. For god sake in the last game of his career in college, with the last play he beat Utah in a comeback win. If you think that wasnt a big game, Utah happens to be BYUs arch nemesis. The guy also posted real good numbers against the best defenses.One last thing about Beck that was pointed out is that he reallys know how to check down defenders. The kid is a student of the game and eats, sleeps and bleeds football.We wont be dissapointed.Im proud we snagged Beck and in the end we will all be happy.

It's only been mini camp and i doubt that they were going to start him anyway. What happened to Charlie Frye, he's getting beat out by Derrick Anderson?

Derrick Anderson has been embressing and is beating out both Frye and Quinn.

His football age is the same as Quinn though. The wear and tear of playing football is what ultimately decides when a quarterback's career is over. All it means is that Quinn might peak around 32, while Beck might not peak until 35.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

Obviously the kid is not looking like a first round pick and while Jemarcus Russell has shown signs and is competing for the # 1 spot in Oakland, Quinn is the third QB on the depth chart and is not looking like starter material. Makes me feel a whole lot better we snagged Ginn.

Beck is also #3 on our depth chart. Even we had gone for Quinn I would still have expected Cam to go after Green.

Ginn, Satele and Booker inject something into our offense that we havent had for a while. I like the draft; perhaps another OL man early on would have been great but we have needs in most areas.

I would think this is the proper and normal course of events... why are people taking joy in any/every struggle/s this kid is having... sheesh

I would think this is the proper and normal course of events... why are people taking joy in any/every struggle/s this kid is having... sheesh

We had a chance to pick him and we didnt. Fins decision and NOT Quinns so lets accept it shall we. Let him get on with it and lets concentrate on the players weve got.

America the land of the free and land of the
knucklehead athletes !!

I hope beck can be a starter for several years but remember this my people, 3 years from now we will still need to draft a qb and a bigtime rb mainly so we dont go through a long period without a qb or rb we dont want to go through the wanny years all over again. do we now?

the right way of building a superbowl team and dynasty is to draft beck this year, check, keep lemon and green for three years , check, then we draft 1 qb then and another one a year later one for insurance and another for the #2 position. is this a bad concept here ? i dont want us to go 10 years without a good rb or qb the thing to do is keep adding youth at those positions and of course other positions as well.

ps ; runingback was a example but the concept applies here too.

Are people still obsessing over Quinn? Good Grief. The fact that BQ is NOT a phin was water under the bridge a month and a half ago. Get over it.

Back
Top Bottom