Bragging Rights? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bragging Rights?

M-REAL

"Another Battle, for the AFC East Title"
Reaction score
I see that the first and second NFL games are as follows: Sat. Aug.2 -American Bowl(Tokyo) Jets vs. Bucs and Mon. Aug.4 -Hall of Fame Game(Canton, Oh.) Packers vs. Chiefs. What I don't understand( I've never watched these before) is are these games for bragging rights or do they have a significant meaning behind them? Someone help!:confused:

preseason, the only meaning to thee games is that they arent played in the usual places (hall of fame, Tokyo)....nfl is trying to expand its great sport to the world by playing in Japan.

could you imagine if htis sport started getting players from overseas...wow....check back on this in about 10 years...

Oh, I see. You know Ultimate, this thread I posted here has been around for awhile and noone except you has been kind enough to answer so I really appreciate it. Back to what the last thing you said, that would be cool to get players from overseas. Although, it seems that in some countries the athletes are not built to withstand the punishment that our NFL players endure IMO. I mean, some of the NFL guys are huge and I wouldn't want to be hit by them. Would you?

Originally posted by ultimateFINFAN
preseason, the only meaning to thee games is that they arent played in the usual places (hall of fame, Tokyo)....nfl is trying to expand its great sport to the world by playing in Japan.

could you imagine if htis sport started getting players from overseas...wow....check back on this in about 10 years...

Sorry, football is not a great sport. Football is a GOOD sport. Soccer (the real Football) is the ONLY GREAT sport because every country participates and the winners can rightfully be called World Champs unlike Baseba;;'s World Series where it is just America participating.

ARE YOU SERIOUS? Football is (NFL) the #1 sport in the world. And by the way, why is it that when soccer teams play each other in some countries they have massive riots? Because being considered World Champs is worth people getting hurt? I don't know about that.

Marcusreal, get real. American Football is # 1 here in the United States. Everywhere else in the World Football (what you people call soccer) is the best sport in the world. All countries participate and when they win the World Cup, they can rightfully be called World Champs unlike all the stupid crap of saying the Bucs are SB champions of the world. I like American Football, it is a very good sport. I love my Dolphins, but Football is much much better, more passion and the guys cannot be 300 pound guys. Soccer is the WORLD's sport. As for the riot thing, why because that is how much people are into their teams. If you grew up watching soccer you would have the same passion. But I am assuming you were raised here in the US and in the US "soccer sux" and therefore you could careless for it. I mean don't people get into fights with one another during football games? People are still getting hurt. Riots don't happen that often either. I think I heard the average was 2 every decades.

I think soccer in other countries is the MAIN sport, in other words, it's the lack of options. Don't you think if they had the money and tools needed they would maybe put together a football program like the NFL? Hey, I use to play futball, or soccer, before I played tackle football. In the US, i agree with you that most people don't give soccer its due recognition. However, teams getting to the SB is no easy task. NFL players have, besides pro. Boxers, the most gruelling training regimend in the world. Riots? One broke out after the Raiders game if I am not mistaken. Bring more debate if you wish, peace.

Oh BTW, how come the SB is the world's most watched sporting event on TV, year after year? As a matter of fact, last year the AFC and NFC championships ratings' were up 20 something % from the previous one. I am sorry to tell you that the reason why the SB champs are the world champs because you have to be the best of the best to carry a title like that and NFL football is the greatest sport in the world. How could millions of fans world-wide be wrong? One more hypo- thing. If the soccer championships and the SB were live on the same day, but on different channels- who do you think would have the higher ratings? Get Real? I am for Real.

I think that American Football is number one hands down. What everyone else plays out there is because that is what they are able to play. You cannot get the bets athletes in some third world country and put them up against the Bengals. It would be a slaughter, not even fair. The reason everyone plays soccer is because it is a sport that anyone can play regardless of the size. Look at basketball, played worldwide, but in general we have the best, same goes for baseball. Get the best athletes from around the world to form a football team, that are not from the US, and match them up against the Bucaneers. Now who is a world champion?

LoL. Actually the WC is watched more by fans. The WC finals are watched by millions around the world. Pretty much only US watches the SB and maybe some people in Europe but not more than 4 million in Europe. The WC is only every 4 years that is why SB is best show every year besides the year of the World Cup.

The best of the best? lol! The best of the best would mean competing against other countries not just against people from your own country.

NFL is not a sport buddy get it right. Football (the real soccer) is the best sport in the World and it is a fact because more people watch it, more people play it, more people follow it.

The World Cup would win in ratings battle everywhere else but the US, which would mean the World Cup would get more ratings wise because more people watch "soccer". Every country follows it so they would watch it....I doubt people in Brazil will be watching the SuperBowl. So it is easy math, what is bigger in poulation, The USA or the rest of the world? The rest of the world, so obviously more people would watch the World Cup.

Originally posted by MarinoFan
The reason everyone plays soccer is because it is a sport that anyone can play regardless of the size.

:lol: What are you smoking? Yeah Football has those fat 300 pound men on O-line and DTs that could not even run 200 yards without stopping. Soccer you cannot play if you are 300 lbs, you have to be fit and in GREAT shape. Let's see you run for 90 minutes, sprinting as fast as you can for 20 of those 90 minutes, With a 15 minute break in between the two 45 minute intervals. I mean you never see a 300 LB man not even a 250 LB man playing soccer. Baseball has its fat *** Pitchers,and fat *** hitters.

You do not only have to be in shape but you have to practice it every damn day of your life if you want to be pro. American Football, Baseball, and Basketball, you do not have to practice every day of your life to be pro. You have to practice alot but not every day. Maybe 4-5, 6 days most a week. Soccer you have to play with your friends, play by yourself, and then play with your team (in leagues) that night. I mean what takes more skill scoring a hat-trick or, rushing for 100 yards? What takes more skill, saving a 90 MPH+ penalty kick or blocking a FG/punt. So face facts my fellow Dol-Fans, that Football (the real one) is the best sport out there. I am not saying American Football sucks because I like it alot, but Football is better than it.

Oh also BTW, when do you see one of "Soccer" 's all star players be arrested for running over a cop with their car? Getting caught smoking marijuana? Getting caught with weed? Getting caught using steroids? You don't because soccer player's have class unlike most player's in other sports who think they are badass and that they're **** don't smell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Prime Time
All countries participate and when they win the World Cup, they can rightfully be called World Champs unlike all the stupid crap of saying the Bucs are SB champions of the world. I

:confused: Um, the Bucs are the Super Bowl Champs. They're the best in the NFL and name one team outside the NFL that could beat them?

Originally posted by Prime Time
LoL. Actually the WC is watched more by fans. The WC finals are watched by millions around the world. Pretty much only US watches the SB and maybe some people in Europe but not more than 4 million in Europe. The WC is only every 4 years that is why SB is best show every year besides the year of the World Cup.

Mind backing up your statement? Show me one year when the Super Bowl did not get the best ratings!

Oh also BTW, when do you see one of "Soccer" 's all star players be arrested for running over a cop with their car? Getting caught smoking marijuana? Getting caught with weed? Getting caught using steroids? You don't because soccer player's have class unlike most player's in other sports who think they are badass and that they're **** don't smell.

:lol: Please, organized crime plays a huge factor in countries like Russia and Britain. Does the name udday Hussein mean anything? What about his little torture chambers in the Olympic HQ for athletes who perform poorly? Does he have class too? Is he one of your soccer angels? And do the words soccer hooligans mean anything?

Originally posted by booyeah_

Mind backing up your statement? Show me one year when the Super Bowl did not get the best ratings!

:lol: Please, organized crime plays a huge factor in countries like Russia and Britain. Does the name udday Hussein mean anything? What about his little torture chambers in the Olympic HQ for athletes who perform poorly? Does he have class too? Is he one of your soccer angels? And do the words soccer hooligans mean anything?

Didn't I say soccer's stars? :lol: Please read thoroughly before posting :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom