Bragging Rights? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bragging Rights?

Originally posted by Prime Time

I edited it because I forgot to add that last paragraph.

Even if you did, you haven't addressed the integrity of soccer's administration.

And please name a team outside the NFL who can beat the Bucs.

I am not talking about NFL. I am talking about how all the American League champions call themselves World Champions when all they are doing is playing other American Based teams.

I am not talking about NFL. I am talking about how all the American League champions call themselves World Champions when all they are doing is playing other American Based teams.

Name one team outside the MLB that could beat the Angels? Or the Giants.

Booyeah_ you still don't get it do you? It is all American teams, they don't play teams from Europe or South America. That is my point.

Booyeah_ you still don't get it do you? It is all American teams, they don't play teams from Europe or South America. That is my point.

Why would they? Traveling across seas every day wouldn't be good for the players. Have you ever spent 6-12 hours on plane? Besides, why create more teams and thin out the talent? If someone from Europe, Asia or wherever wants to play they can try out for a team. Give me one reason why they aren't able to try out for a team. I guess Ichiro was born and raised in Iowa, huh?

Becuase there are millions of people in this world who play sports and do not have money to come over here and play. That is why soccer is the only true sport in which there are World Champions.

Becuase there are millions of people in this world who play sports and do not have money to come over here and play. That is why soccer is the only true sport in which there are World Champions.

:lol: I guess all the Cuban players who come here on tiny rafts much be loaded, huh?

BTW, there are boxers, baseball and football players who are so fit they can make soccer players look like pansies.

Football (the real soccer) is the best sport in the World and it is a fact because more people watch it, more people play it, more people follow it.

Wow! It's a fact now? So if something's perceived by you as popular, it's automatically the best? Well, opinions are opinions. Is your favorite football player automatically the best player ever? Is your favorite movie automatically the unquestioned greatest movie ever?

This thread is getting stupid though. You obviously like soccer and most people here do not. That's ok, no one likes the same things but that doesn't make your opinion superior on subjects like this, especially without backing it with facts.

The point is, maybe one out of ten soccer players could be fit enough to play for the NFL. Soccer players only have two things going for em'. One- Good stamina/ endurance and Two- Strong legs, that is it since they are not allowed to use their hands while playing their game. Why is it that Dr.'s in Italy are now saying that soccer players are being diagnosed at an alarming rate for Alzheimer's disease? They are saying that these players are getting this way from hitting the soccer ball with their heads! C'mon man! Football players might wear helmets but their heads are still taking damage. The reason for these players(soccer) being sick is because of poor diet and training unlike the NFL players who are rarely diagnosed with the same thing. I rest my case.

Baseball players? :lol: :lol: Yeah right! Football players...:lol:, you have never played soccer in your life so please do not comment on players being more fit then them because that my friend is a stupid comment.

No my opinion does not make it the best. But if more people like soccer then football which is the better sport? Now I think you are smart enough to figure this out.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by marcusreal
The point is, maybe one out of ten soccer players could be fit enough to play for the NFL. Soccer players only have two things going for em'. One- Good stamina/ endurance and Two- Strong legs, that is it since they are not allowed to use their hands while playing their game. Why is it that Dr.'s in Italy are now saying that soccer players are being diagnosed at an alarming rate for Alzheimer's disease? They are saying that these players are getting this way from hitting the soccer ball with their heads! C'mon man! Football players might wear helmets but their heads are still taking damage. The reason for these players(soccer) being sick is because of poor diet and training unlike the NFL players who are rarely diagnosed with the same thing. I rest my case.

What an intelligent thing to say :rolleyes:. One out of ten? :lol: Please son, football you have timeouts, 40 second breaks in between plays, resting on the sideline when defense, offense switch. In American football players switch on/off the field constantly while in Soccer you only get a 15 minute break during 2 45 minutes intervals. That is your only break. So if anything it's one out of 10 ten American football players would be able to hang with a soccer player.

Oh and if you knew anything about "soccer", Goal Keepers use their hands, you use your hands on throw ins and players use their hands to place a ball the way they want it on Free Kicks/Penalty Kicks.

And one more thing, at least we stay true to our sport's name. Football, we are using our feet 95% of the game, unlike "American Football" (if you can call it that) in which they use their feet 5% percent of the time. :sleep:

Baseball players? :lol: :lol: Yeah right! Football players...:lol:, you have never played soccer in your life so please do not comment on players being more fit then them because that my friend is a stupid comment.

Based on your comments, you obviously don't know the difference between Cap Anson and Andy Cap. Some of the greatest athletes ever played baseball. James Cool Papa Bell could hit a line drive down the middle and have it hit his head on it sliding into second. Babe Ruth was named the second greatest athlete of the Century by ESPN. Ty Cobb is easily one of the greatest athletes ever and in my book the greatest baseball player ever. There are some out of shaped ball players, MO Vaughn, but many like Garciapara are in terrific shape. Not all ball players are "fat ***es". Just like not all soccer players are 100 lb. sissies. USA Today rated hitting a baseball the second most difficult thing to do in sports. Try doing that every day for 162 days in the heat of summer plus offseason training.

http://www.thomastontimes.com/articles/2003/04/14/news/sports/fowler.txt

As far as football is concern, how can you say that guys like Ricky Williams or Brian Urlacher are not top athletes? Few athletes are in better condition than the elite players in the NFL.

No my opinion does not make it the best. But if more people like soccer then football which is the better sport? Now I think you are smart enough to figure this out.:rolleyes:

You're obviously not smart enought to realize there's no proven best sport, it's just an opinion. We all have our favorite but just because one of them might be the most popular doesn't mean it's the best. If Travis Henry's jerseys are the most popular jeresy, does that make Henry the best RB? Better yet, is Gone With The Wind the undisputed best movie b/c it made the most money? No, b/c topics like what's the best sport aren't debatable b/c they're a matter of opinions.

Back
Top Bottom