Bragging Rights? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bragging Rights?

I have a few things to say.

First of all, saying soccer players aren't fit enough to play in the NFL is just stupid. Have you ever seen a fat soccer player playing professionally? Well, you haven't. They are all in shape.

Secondly, people can't just go from one sport to another. I can guarantee you that no NFL player would succeed playing soccer, and no soccer player would succeed in the NFL. They are two different sports and require different skills.

All soccer player HAVE TO BE IN SHAPE. Most football players if not all are in shape as well. They are both good athletes in different ways.

Franco, as for you, I sometimes wonder how you can call yourself a football fan because you seem to like to make fun of the sport.

As for which sport is the best, everyone has their different opinion. No one can say that it is a fact that one sport is the best. However, in my opinion, the best sport is football, and I am entitled to think that, just as PT is entitled to think that soccer is the best.

As for the world, it is very obvious that the number 1 sport is soccer. They have football in other countries, but not many people like it. They have the NFLE, it gets decent attendance, but soccer is king almost everywhere. If you think football is the number 1 sport in the world, then you must also think the world is just the United States.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

First of all, saying soccer players aren't fit enough to play in the NFL is just stupid. Have you ever seen a fat soccer player playing professionally? Well, you haven't. They are all in shape.

Secondly, people can't just go from one sport to another. I can guarantee you that no NFL player would succeed playing soccer, and no soccer player would succeed in the NFL. They are two different sports and require different skills.

All soccer player HAVE TO BE IN SHAPE. Most football players if not all are in shape as well. They are both good athletes in different ways.

Franco, as for you, I sometimes wonder how you can call yourself a football fan because you seem to like to make fun of the sport.

As for which sport is the best, everyone has their different opinion. No one can say that it is a fact that one sport is the best. However, in my opinion, the best sport is football, and I am entitled to think that, just as PT is entitled to think that soccer is the best.

As for the world, it is very obvious that the number 1 sport is soccer. They have football in other countries, but not many people like it. They have the NFLE, it gets decent attendance, but soccer is king almost everywhere. If you think football is the number 1 sport in the world, then you must also think the world is just the United States.

Ice you are the man! You saved me about 3 more pages of arguing. When is your brithday? I will send you any soccer jersey you want anyone :goof:. I did not mean to say Soccer is the best sport in the World, to me it is. What I meant to say (but didn't express myself too good) was that soccer is the # 1 sport in the world as you stated because just about every country plays it and enjoys it.

I don't like making fun of football, I just defend my favorite sport.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

:up: That's one of the few rational things said on this thread.

Okay, maybe saying soccer players aren't fit enough for the NFL is stupid, I admit. However, saying that a soccer player could not go from soccer to Nfl is a stupid statement too. Here's why: The first sport that I have ever played was soccer. The second sport, even tho it wasn't the NFL, was football(not flag). It can be done. I admit the training for soccer is not easy but the training for football was a hell of alot harder than soccer's training was. But still it can be done, I mean I realize a 300 pd. O-line man couldn't cross over and try his hand at soccer but it can be done the other way around, trust me I've done it. Like you said, it's your opinion, my O, PT's O, and nothing more on the way we see things. Okay and since we got technical on the "world sport" thing, all I say is whatever:sleep: Oh, and BTW Blizzard- different skills, you say? People can adapt to different training routines and adjust accordingly if they are true athletes.

Prime Time:

I have played both sports and got to tell you that Football (American) is way harder, the trainning is a killer for the body, conditioning, no to mention hitting. On the other hand soccer is more of skills and more relaxed. Besides I hate when in soccer the players are whimps, just a little push and they fall on the ground crying and stuff, pretending that they got really hurt but they are just trying to get a free shot or something, that's just what I hate about soccer.
But I do agree with you, soccer is the #1 sport in the world and is funny that in base ball they call it the world series when it is only teams from the US.

And one last question, why are you in this forum if you love soccer that much? every time I see your picture of Batistuta (by the way what did he do in the world cup? nothing!) I think: am I in a Dolphin forum or a River Plate (soccer team) forum?

Soccer is only good during the world cup (every 4 years) and some european matches, other than that its boring just like hockey and baseball they play too much. I lived in Mexico and every time you turn on the TV there si soccer, week ends, weekdays, winter, summer, fall, all the fricking time. It is boring specilly when the final score is 0-0. It sucks!

Originally posted by Alien(<>..<>)

But I do agree with you, soccer is the #1 sport in the world and is funny that in base ball they call it the world series when it is only teams from the US.

When did we annexes Toronto? Again, players across the World play in the majors and if a player in Prague wants to play in the big leagues he can try out. Do you honestly believe MLB is not the best baseball league in the World? If not, which is?

Alien :nono:. If you were passionate for soccer which you are obviously not then you wouldn't be saying this. Anyway, Batstuta scored a goal in the World Cup that is what he did. Soccer is just more then the World Cup....that's if you are passionate about the sport. It is like a soccer fan saying....the Super Bowl is the only thing that counts in the NFL. Although true, there is more to that. Seeing players develop etc. It is all good though.

BTW....You will be seeing these Soccer pictures until 1 Week before Miami's season begins :evil:

Batistuta won the game Vs Nigeria for Argentina.

Originally posted by marcusreal
Oh BTW, how come the SB is the world's most watched sporting event on TV, year after year? As a matter of fact, last year the AFC and NFC championships ratings' were up 20 something % from the previous one. I am sorry to tell you that the reason why the SB champs are the world champs because you have to be the best of the best to carry a title like that and NFL football is the greatest sport in the world. How could millions of fans world-wide be wrong? One more hypo- thing. If the soccer championships and the SB were live on the same day, but on different channels- who do you think would have the higher ratings? Get Real? I am for Real.

Referring to the Super Bowl -
"and more than 800 million worldwide watch the game on television, "http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/2001/playoffs/news/2001/01/23/tampa_scene/

Referring to the World Cup-

"The 2002 FIFA World Cup Finals kick-off on May 31 in Seoul, Korea and end with the Final in Yokohama, Japan on 30 June. An estimated cumulative total TV audience of over 34 billion people will watch the final 64 matches of the 2002 FIFA World Cup."

http://www.itweb.co.za/office/avaya/0202220817.htm

Each match of the WC earns an average worldwide tv audience in excess of 500,000,000. I would think that as teams get eliminated their fans continue to watch following matches, and I've seen estimates that as many as two BILLION viewers tune in worldwide for the final match. Personally I would rather go to the dentist for a three hour drill session or maybe watch some paint dry than watch an entire soccer match. Clearly the world feels differently than I do.

But like I said Soccer is the #1 sport in the world. :D. 2 Billion people.....DAYUM!

I guess I was wrong, but I still think football is the best sport in the world.:tongue:

That is what you think...and not the world ;)

Oh and BTW I have to reply to a comment made by IceBlizzard69...

"Secondly, people can't just go from one sport to another. I can guarantee you that no NFL player would succeed playing soccer, and no soccer player would succeed in the NFL. They are two different sports and require different skills."

Tony Meola is the only one exception to this.

Originally posted by Prime Time
That is what you think...and not the world ;)

Oh and BTW I have to reply to a comment made by IceBlizzard69...

"Secondly, people can't just go from one sport to another. I can guarantee you that no NFL player would succeed playing soccer, and no soccer player would succeed in the NFL. They are two different sports and require different skills."

Tony Meola is the only one exception to this.

Well, he was a keeper who wanted money so he decided to be an NFL punter. Soccer players becoming punters or kickers could be the one exception.

Back
Top Bottom