Brandon Marshall: Byron Maxwell 'holds every single play' | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall: Byron Maxwell 'holds every single play'

Brandon Marshall, who is she again? Is that the girl who would always fall down when trying to make a move instead of just running while she was here?

Brandon struggles with physical CB's always has and always will!

Brandon Marshall, who is she again? Is that the girl who would always fall down when trying to make a move instead of just running while she was here?

She was named Brian Hartline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She was named Brian Hartline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAHA, no he would just like fall down, but atleast stumble forward for another couple yards. Marshall would stop and try to make a move and fall down or get tackled EVERY SINGLE TIME!

I'd rather see Lippett on Marshall and the shorter Maxwell on Enunwa

Let Marshall keep jawing. For Maxwell's limitations, the dumbest thing a WR could do is run his mouth and motivate the guy. He is physically capable. What has been lacking is his effort. I think Marshall is making a mistake talking like this.

Marshall: Maxwell Hold every single play

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Four days before his long-awaited return to South Florida, New York Jets wide receiver Brandon Marshall called out Miami Dolphins cornerback Byron Maxwell, accusing him of foul play.
Marshall still is miffed by Maxwell's tactics from their 2015 encounter, when Maxwell played for the Philadelphia Eagles.
"I played against him last year and he just held every single play," Marshall said Wednesday. "Every single play he held. That was tough."
Marshall said he's "excited" for the rematch because, "I owe him one."
This will be an emotional game for Marshall, who was traded by the Dolphins in 2012 after back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons. This will be his first game at Hard Rock Stadium since the trade. He said the game means a lot to him because he believes he was treated unfairly by the media and fans in South Florida.
But his No. 1 focus will be Maxwell, who was traded to the Dolphins in the offseason.
"They traded for him to stop me, so I'm excited for this matchup," Marshall said.
When they met early last season at MetLife Stadium, the Eagles won the game, but Marshall dominated his matchup with Maxwell, finishing with 10 catches for 109 yards and a touchdown. Maxwell was called for two holding penalties en route to an 11-penalty season.
Marshall said Maxwell hasn't changed.
"Still the same guy, still the same player," he said. "Holds every single play.
"I don't know him, but I don't like him," Marshall continued. "I'm being honest with you. I never had a conversation with this guy. I think he's probably a really nice guy. He seems like a really nice guy. He doesn't say much on the field, but he holds every single play. I don't like it."
Why criticize an upcoming opponent? Marshall admitted part of his motivation was to send a message to the officiating crew, making sure it knows about Maxwell's grabby style.
"It was frustrating at time," said Marshall, recalling last year's contest. "I'm not going to let that get to me this time. I'm just going to bring it to him this game. So I'll hold him and I'll push him around. That's the game it's going to be."
Maxwell's disappointing season includes four penalties. He was a bust in Philadelphia, dumped one year into a six-year, $63 million contract.
"A great trade for the Eagles," Marshall cracked.

if what I've heard from most fans is correct, Maxwell is usually beaten so bad by receivers that he's not close enough to hold on every play. You have to be within reaching distance to hold.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marshall is mentally weak. If you frustrate him in the 1st half, he will quit in the 2nd half.

If Maxwell is holding and still cannot cover a WR, he should retire in the morning lol

Back
Top Bottom