Brandon Marshall's team missed the playoffs, again! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshall's team missed the playoffs, again!

well. if he couldnt' help a more talented team get into the playoffs, he would've been a complete disaster here.

Despite being drafted in 2006, Brandon Marshall has never made the playoffs. The Chicago Bears were on the brink of securing an NFC Wild Card spot, needing only a victory in Detroit and a Green Bay win over Minnesota. Although Chicago beat Detroit but Minnesota laso beat Green Bay to keep Marshall and Bears out of the playoffs. Dude caught 113 balls for 1466 and 11 tds but no " playoffs ??" I guess he has to stick to being aprobowl MVP. Is this guy an albatross?

It sure is his fault for destroying the entire Dolphins WR core's production this year. They went 10-6 and missed the playoffs. I'd blame the lack of a running game and ****ty other WRs more than him or the defense who scored a ton of TDs.

Simply put, Brandon Marshall is not a winner. Jason Cole said it great last week that he is just a "stats" player and doesn't make teams better. Proved it again this year.

You're serious with this? He had 2 more TDs than the other Bears WRs/TEs combined (at minimum 5 other players). He had 118 receptions while the next WR to have the most after him had 44 catches (and that was Matt Forte for crissakes).

Without him the Bears are nowhere close to being 10-6.

Simply put, Brandon Marshall is not a winner. Jason Cole said it great last week that he is just a "stats" player and doesn't make teams better. Proved it again this year.
It's not his fault that there's no other good receiver on the team. He gets those "stats" because wherever he goes, he's the best receiver on the team, and whoever the QB is, knows that.

You're serious with this? He had 2 more TDs than the other Bears WRs/TEs combined (at minimum 5 other players). He had 118 receptions while the next WR to have the most after him had 44 catches (and that was Matt Forte for crissakes).

Without him the Bears are nowhere close to being 10-6.
I don't know, I see a player that puts up big numbers but in 7 career years has never sniffed the playoffs. That is also being in three different cities. The Dolphins won more this year without him and with a rookie quarterback. He is a very good players who will always put up big numbers. But is he a winner? Does he really elevate the teams that he is on to the next level? I think 7 years says no.

As much as people want to bag on Marshall when things go poorly for him, it's not on him Chicago missed the playoffs. They were still a 10 win team. That being said, Chicago has glaring weaknesses.

That OL is comical. Outside of drafting Gabe Carimi in the first round in 2011, they never made a serious push to improve the OL since drafting Chris Williams in 2008. Now I'm not saying take our approach of multiple early round OLs, but you gotta make some effort in improving that.

Outside of Marshall they just don't have any weapons in the receiving game except Matt Forte on swing passes. Alshon Jefferies did not have the impact they were expecting out of him (some of that was injuries), Devin Hester has been fairly useless at WR, Johnny Knox missed the year recovering from a broken back, and they have no consistency at TE (and they can thank Mike Martz for that).

I respect Chicago's ability to get the most out of any and all defensive players they have (Ask Colt fans what they thought of Tim Jennings while he was in Indy) but they are not good at building an offense.

I don't know, I see a player that puts up big numbers but in 7 career years has never sniffed the playoffs. That is also being in three different cities. The Dolphins won more this year without him and with a rookie quarterback. He is a very good players who will always put up big numbers. But is he a winner? Does he really elevate the teams that he is on to the next level? I think 7 years says no.

So somehow he's to blame for Chicago missing the playoffs when he's a Top 3 WR in the NFL right now? Using that logic if he wasn't as productive which somehow equated to the Bears making the playoffs, that's somehow his doing? It's insane to me that anyone would blame Brandon Marshall for the Bears not making the playoffs.

Him in a Dolphins uniform.....he had some of the most prolific seasons at WR as any player has had in team history yet it's his fault they missed the playoffs? Not Henne, or Sparano, or Henning, or the defense never making the big play?

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

Is it Calvin Johnson's fault the Lions went 4-12? How could they have been so ****ty when he had one of the best WRs years in NFL history? How many times has Calvin Johnson been to the postseason in his career? Or Andre Johnson for that matter....

Back
Top Bottom