Breaking: Flacco Traded To Broncos | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking: Flacco Traded To Broncos

Yeah I doubt the Broncos are sitting on Flacco. If Elway is in the room, Broncos will always be in the qb market until they find their next Elway.

looks like a one year rental with zero cap hit after 2019. don't think it takes them out of anything qb wise in the draft

do they have a taker for keenums $16 mil guaranteed or they gonna eat it? god please don't let it be us.

flacco behind that broncos o line. lets just say he's in for an awakening

Ah, I was wondering what this offseason’s narrative would be. Now I see it. They’d rather have XYZ than Tannehill. We’re going to do this with every QB now?

Try not to be so nervous. We spent the last 7 years watching Tannehill fans desperately try to deflect any success from a similarly-aged quarterback, saying Tannehill could do the same on that team. Now we'll see how the market views him.

This should give the Dolphins hope they can at least get something for Tannehill tradewise... nah Tannenbaum screwed that idea up....maybe just maybe someone will bite.

Try not to be so nervous. We spent the last 7 years watching Tannehill fans desperately try to deflect any success from a similarly-aged quarterback, saying Tannehill could do the same on that team. Now we'll see how the market views him.

He didn't sound nervous, paranoid much? Desperate are the haters on a 7 year QB going on 8th season.

Ah, I was wondering what this offseason’s narrative would be. Now I see it. They’d rather have XYZ than Tannehill. We’re going to do this with every QB now?

Nah they don't understand what money is, they cant calculate up to $26 million.

Then why are you on this thread?

Unlike you to help the forum keep OP's where they belong.

The thought of some team held hostage for Ryan Tannehill is hilarious

LOL

Well when you put it that way, yes for sure.

But really, if Flacco fetched a 4th with that contract and his performance, then Tannehill has value and we should make sure to get that value. This team needs to stop giving away resources. Landry for a 4th, Ajayi for a 6th? That nonsense needs to stop.

if its a $26 mil hit on tanny in trade id say odds are about nil. depends on what a team would be taking on cap hit wise.

more likely they wait us out til we cut him and can then sign him to terms that meet their needs both football and financial

I mean Flacco at least has "my team has their QB of the future" going for him . . . So he has a perceived higher value . . . Plus he has won a ring before and has had team success.

Tannehill has done nothing, is on a team that has complete doodoo at QB yet likely wants nothing to do with him. Combined with that contract, I am not sure what value exists . . . I certainly don't believe it's a 4 but we'll see.

I don't remember which one, cuz I was working while the tv was on, but I heard one of the talking heads this AM speculate that it will be the Jets who ends up with RT17 to first back up Darnold and if necessary take over for him if he falters.

The more I thought about it, it really is not far-fetched. Given Gase's psychological need to be the smartest one in the room, I wouldn't dismiss the possibility that he'll try to rehabilitate him to show that he was right, remains right and rubs the Fins face in that.

The only hope of getting anything of value for Tannehill is to keep until a starter goes down during training camp... I was one of his biggest supporter but those last 3 games pretty much sealed his fait... Its apparent that he has lost a tick and a half when he actually had to gain a tick and a half to take the next step... Whether he never had it in him or the injuries just screwed him doesnt really matter, he has regressed and doesnt have a higher ceiling to reach anymore. Any move to get him from another team would require high level desperation and I doubt the Fins want to hang on that long to find out.

The only hope of getting anything of value for Tannehill is to keep until a starter goes down during training camp... I was one of his biggest supporter but those last 3 games pretty much sealed his fait... Its apparent that he has lost a tick and a half when he actually had to gain a tick and a half to take the next step... Whether he never had it in him or the injuries just screwed him doesnt really matter, he has regressed and doesnt have a higher ceiling to reach anymore. Any move to get him from another team would require high level desperation and I doubt the Fins want to hang on that long to find out.

Agreed, who knows if he can shake what rattled him. IMO I don't think Ryan ever settled down since having a year off in 2017. You cant shake off a year of rust with 4 more weeks of it in 2018.

This is exactly why he needs to jump on a new team and regroup. He'd be a good tutor for young player and would be a plug N play if that QB went down once he learned their system.

Not sure if everyone remembers that meeting he had with Gase around week 15 but his weekly presser he had an odd look on his face like he was told something behind closed doors,he looked like he seen a ghost. (He knew Gase was gone which meant he was gone?)

His mindset should have been once 2018 ended he should get 8 weeks rest and get in an aggressive off season work program, pay someone whatever and start thinking his next adventure because it may be his last for a NFL QB.

Wish him luck but there is no way he can overcome the changes the Dolphins will face in 2019 and his body wouldn't survive it.

Back
Top Bottom