BREAKING: Miami Dolphins trade for WR Tyreek Hill | Page 63 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING: Miami Dolphins trade for WR Tyreek Hill

This move is brilliant because the 2022 draft picks are gone. I haven't been less prepared for the draft since I was 7 years old. There's no question my knowledge of the prospects and particulars at age 8 was vastly superior to right now with 2022. But after quite a bit of thought I'd have to say I'm slightly ahead of where I was at age 7, coming off our first family trip to the West Coast and the obvious letdown factor.

Only in recent weeks had I been grappling with the decision of whether I should start sampling the draft forum here and on FootballsFuture.com, plus a few other sources I respect. Buy the Ourlads guide? But I really didn't have the energy or interest for any of it.

Given today's move I can totally blow it off and be happily oblivious. I've been on a colossal role lately.

Regarding the move itself my first instinct is that Hill's most lethal plays are broken ones by Mahomes that turn into downfield bombs with the defender losing track of the ball. Hill adjusts and he's gone. Game changed in a flash. I don't see how that fits with Tua's skill set. But logically those wow plays are a tiny sample size and I'm probably overstating the frequency or the significance, just like most fans. We tend to think in visual terms not numerical. Miami's biggest problem has been generating the 24+ points and preferably 27+ points per game to become competitive week to week. Hill and the recent moves are a logical booster shot, and method to partially camouflage Tua's weaknesses.

There comes a point where all the glitter is not gold. You're supposed to find, value and pay the quarterback, not the accompaniments.

Very interesting season because I have no idea what to expect, unlike virtually every recent year in which you could basically plug and play the range of win/loss expectation based on whether it situationally figured to be bump or regression. This time there is no guideline given the tame shift from 10 wins to 9 wins.

My overriding instinct, per norm, is to ignore all the distractions and adjustments and hoopla and supposed variables and anything recent. Crowd is a wide net.

I just want to add that this is the most time I have spent on this forum since the season ended. It is great seeing the majority of the posters excited about the players the Dolphins have signed in the off season and the new coaching staff.

We have suffered though mediocrity for so many years as a fan base. While there are certainly no assurances that the Dolphins will be a playoff team next year. At least the excitement for the direction of this team under McDaniel the coaches and the players is as high as I have seen in years.

The season can’t get here fast enough for me and at my age, I usually don’t sit around wanting time to go faster.
This kind of excitement is what happens when you are aggressive and don't overly obsess about the salary cap and draft capital, and just go out and try and get good players! It's awesome. Will it work out? Who knows?

No one knows what it means, But it's provocative, it gets the people going!!!! (that's a movie and song reference)

Back
Top Bottom