Breaking News FA signing!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking News FA signing!!

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
Woody is going to Detroit for sure.

James will be the only high-priced OL we sign and let the youngin's go at it I believe.

Well, I can't say I'm not concerned.

Woody is coming in tomorrow........if his plane touches down at MIA.....he is ours.

"Woody canceled his scheduled visit with the Dolphins on Thursday to stay in Detroit. An NFL source said the Lions were close to signing Woody to a frontloaded contract that includes the largest signing bonus ever given to an interior lineman in free agency. The current record was set last year when guard Randy Thomas received $7 million from the Washington Redskins."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ar05,0,5060504.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

We have others coming in for visits. I'd guess we could sign Jeno James and Cosey Coleman for what Damien Woody alone will get.
Then add in Damion McIntosh for RT and we are darned solid.
James/Coleman/McIntosh would be a great 3some to get and those 3 would cost less than Woody and Tait combined. AND, McIntosh is a better run blocker than Tait and not too bad as a pass blocker.
9.5 sacks allowed in 37 starts at left tackle. Tell me that ain't damned good.

If we get Jeno James and Tait, I think we can find another guy to play G. At worst we draft (bad since a WR would be nice at #20) bring back Nails (hope he is fully recovered) or one of the young OL guys must step up and play. Or we bring in an old vet and try to squeeze another year out of them.

That means a line with two solid vets and a lot of questions marks though.

Hard not to feel like the FO is just standing still though. I sure hope Spielman really has a master plan and isn't just stumbling along this offseason unsure of who to sign, draft etc.

Originally posted by byebyericky
"Woody canceled his scheduled visit with the Dolphins on Thursday to stay in Detroit. An NFL source said the Lions were close to signing Woody to a frontloaded contract that includes the largest signing bonus ever given to an interior lineman in free agency. The current record was set last year when guard Randy Thomas received $7 million from the Washington Redskins."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ar05,0,5060504.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

How old is the news the writer received? More than likely, he's commenting on the afternoon-evening reports. Woody canceled his THURSDAY visit.

Man, that article is too wrong to explain because for one.. Woody and his agent were allowing us to negotiate via phone.

Back
Top Bottom