BREAKING NEWS: Lakers Acquire Pau Gasol | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BREAKING NEWS: Lakers Acquire Pau Gasol

:lol:

Kwame was the worst 1st overall pick in history in any sport.

Spoken like a true jealous Blazers fan.

You wanna know how I think people should judge trades? By your initial reaction and mine, as a Lakers fan was this:

<log onto yahoo and see Gasol headline>

SWEET!

Wait, what did we give up? Kwame, Crit and draft picks? Thats it?

DOUBLE SWEET!

This is a great deal for the Lakers. Kwame is NOT that great of a rebounder despite what some people in this thread have said. In fact, Kwame is only good at defense and his lack of offense actualy not only negates his defense, but outright makes him a vacuum of suck on the floor. The guy doesn't jam home easy dunks. Instead he tries to lay them up softly and all Laker fans would cringe as the rim would reject his feeble attempts.

He also happens to be injured about every other game. The guy just isn't worth it. The Lakers were gonna move him for a few reasons but one is because he is an expiring contract that wouldn't have helped L.A. this offseason (we were over the cap anyways) and more importantly, like I said before, L.A. is better off without him.

This also sends a clear message to Bynum that L.A. is planning on building around him. Section is right, the length on this team is simply amazing. Pau, Bynum, Lamar and Kobe make for great options all over the court and lengthy defenders on the other end.

Oh man, can you imagine the inside out game Bynum and Gasol can play with each other? Teams were starting to double and triple Andrew, now he can kick it to the baseline to Pau who can hit that little jumpshot or send it out to Lamar and Kobe who can beat their man off the dribble or simply pull up and let it fly. The offense will be fun to watch come March/April.
i dont know how what i said makes me jealous? bynum produced best when kwame was out, we'll see how he produces when there is another big man...

it was a steal though

Hey, be fair to Kwame; he's no more than the second worst decision Michael Jordan ever made.
jordan_baseball_2-1.jpg
:lol: dont forget adam morrison

i dont know how what i said makes me jealous? bynum produced best when kwame was out, we'll see how he produces when there is another big man...

it was a steal though

I don't think it'll be too big. Gasol can hit those jumpers and be more than competent in filling the ol Horace Grant role.

I don't think it'll be too big. Gasol can hit those jumpers and be more than competent in filling the ol Horace Grant role.
this is true, if they can all meche together then i cant wait to see spurs vs lakers in WCF, and maaaaaaaybe just maaaaaaaaaaaybe lakers vs celtics..bringing back the rivarly

the spurs match up good against lakers tho

I fail to see how L.A. gave up their future. Kwame certainly wasn't the future. If he hadn't been traded, he would have been gone at the end of the year. The fact is, the only reason he was even playing right now was due to Bynum and Mihm's injuries. Heck Turiaf has been outplaying him night in and night out.

And J-Crit has some great moves, but he doesn't fit the Phil Jackson typical triangle offense for a point guard. Besides, Jordan Farmar is still on the team, playing PG and playing it well.

The future lies with Farmar, Bynum, Turiaf etc. All those guys are still in L.A. along with the heavy hitters like KOBE, Lamar and now Pau.

The future is 3 picks in 4 years. Go back and take three first rounders off this squad and see what you have.

The future is 3 picks in 4 years. Go back and take three first rounders off this squad and see what you have.

Well since the Lakers are pretty young they can withstand giving up those 2 first round pick. The emergence of Farmar made Critt expendable. The key is the 2009 1st round pick. That pick has to count. But giving up picks in 2008 and 2010 was great for getting an immediate impact player. Lakers want to win NOW, the future will work itself out. No way this trade mean they are giving up on the future. You also have Lamar Odom huge expiring contract next year which can be used to trade for another impact player.

Best. Summary. Ever. Think about this. Kwame was not only a #1 pick, but he was also traded for Caron Butler and now Pau Gasol. Thus proving that if you are a big tall guy, you two can find work in the NBA (and for millions of dollars).

tanks :up:

Great move by LA. Anytime you can get a 20-10 guy who can pass (see: APG 2006-4.6 and 2007-3.1), and block a couple shots a game with great efficiency on the offensive end its a no brainer. There arent many players like that or capable of that floating around.

The downside: Pau Pau Pauer wheels is the name of my fantasy team. Now the Lakers just became my 2nd favorite team cause Gasol is my favorite player.

it was a steal though

Just razzing you is all. :up:

Kwame and Bynum were too similar a player (use your imagination a bit) to play together. They played the same position. Close to the basket, banging the boards and defending the other team's big.

Pau isn't that player. He can actually play on the elbow all night and pop jumpers from there, OR go inside and get some easy buckets while Bynum goes out to set screens for Kobe. I think Pau and Andrew will play very well together.

Eh, those draft picks will be low anyways. Besides, we also picked up a draft pick from Memphis which helps soften the blow a tad. Besides, The Lakers are young. Fisher is the old man at 33, everyone else is in their 20's. In fact, some of the key contributors going forward are very young (Farmar is 21. Ariza is 22, Vujacic is 23 and Turiaf is 25).

Those are all bench players which makes this team not only young, but deep for years to come. I don't think the draft picks will matter much, especially if L.A. wins a ring or two with the current crop.

Vlad turned 27 in November. His contract runs out when he is 30 and I doubt he comes back. Not for the MLE money he got on this last contract.

Very good trade for the Lakers, somewhat questionable for the Grizz since they already have 2 very young PGs in Lowry and Conley.

Rumors are starting to surface that Mike Miller will be traded soon as well as the Grizz are gonna make their team into Gay's team.

Also rumors starting to float that Lakers have a couple deals on the table that they might pull at deadline time. Some interesting deals, but there are 4 untouchables (Kobe,Bynum,Farmar,Walton)

Back
Top Bottom