Breaking Ricky News | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking Ricky News

trade him. we need new blood. new qb. new offensive coaches.

Bring him back!! If he want's to come back!! Do any of you REALLY want to see him wrecking havoc on defenses in a raider uniform. If we cannot get a number one pick then almost any trade would not be worth it.

Dphins4me said:
What am I wrong about? Did Barry not wait to have his dad call right up to the start of training camp? If you can prove this did not happen this way, then I will be wrong, but until then I'm right and since everyone knows Barry walked away at the start of camp. Then we all know I'm right.

You can spin it any way you like, but the fact remains he waited till the start of camp to have his daddy officially inform the team.

That is the same, no matter how you spin it.

Hell, I knew Barry was unhappy. It was reported on ESPN time and time again. Not just inside the state of Michigan.

Rumors? Rumors? So you act on every rumor you hear?

Didn't rumor have Deion coming to Miami back in '95? Didn't rumor have Spurrier headed towards Miami this past offseason? And again this year?

Even if it was widely known within the organization that Barry might retire. He still waited till the start of camp to let them know.

A fact you cannot spin. Its the same.

One question.

Did Barry wait till the start of camp to have Daddy call?

If yes, then spin it all you want. The fact is. He waited till the start of camp to let everyone know. One in the same.

RW did not retire because he wanted to quit football. We all know he retired because he got caught with drugs. RW was going to play this year.
RW reacted on a split sec decision. Barry sat and waited all offseason knowing he was going to retire.

What Barry did was worse.

And you have proof of this?

Don't care why. He still waited till the start of camp to officially inform the team. Both cases are the same in that aspect.

I'm not the one trying to spin anything like you are. I'm simply saying both players waited till the start of camp.

As I posted before. Reason are different, but the end results are the same. Both walked away from their team at the start of camp.

Basically what you are saying is it is alright to screw over your teammates as long as your reasons are good.

Total BS.

Its just sad when people are so blinded by their own opinion that they can't either see reality or they just can't admit when they are completely wrong.

You want proof go find it yourself i'm not your secretary, see Barry is an icon in Detroit much like Marino in Miami, he couldn't crap without the media knowing it, so when he didn't show up at functions and camps like he did the prior ten years it was either in the local papers or on local TV.

You are the one spinning here, and I made my arguement, anyone can go back in this thread and and read it. So I'm finished arguing about this with YOU because in your mind you will always be right no matter what. :shakeno:

There really is truth to the phrase 'time heels all wounds'. Because I didn't know too many Dolphin fans that wanted Ricky back after he quit in July. And now all of a sudden you hear more and more that he would be accepted back.

Now I'm hearing things like...."if the current Dolphin players are professionals, they should let him back." F that!!! He wasn't professional in what he did. He left his team hanging at the worst possible time. His job was to be RB for the Miami Dolphins, period. There other backs in the league, past and present that took worse beatings behind worse o-line's then the one we have right now, and I bet they didn't just quit.

He quit because he didn't know what he wanted. Every week you heard a different story as to why he quit. And now all of a sudden he wants back in. I would have more respect for the Dolphins organization if they didn't let him back then if they did.

Philter25 said:
No way. if I recally Ricky a few weeks ago said he only wanted to play for 1 more season.... Whos gonna trade ANY picks for a rent-a-year guy

BEST CASE SCENARIO is that with a GM and Coach change, Ricky likes the guys and decides to come back here with an incentive laden contract. Therefore we wouldnt haveto worry about the RB position and we can get rid of Konrad and have Morris play full time FB with Gordon and Henry as ricky's backups.

Therefore we could concentrate all our money on signing Drew Brees and an OLineman and then draft at OL, DT, and Safety.
:yeahthat:

I will not change... he quit on us... for whatever reason... if its drugs.... well then he isnt man enough to play in the NFL. Mentally. he put himself in that position.. he smoke those blunts.. no-one forced him.. Take your lumps ricky.. Instead of pulling a suck attack and quitting. hes a joke. he was volitile in N.O. insecure, unhappy about the media attention... You're a damn pro football player.. theres gonna be media! DUH!
Ricky can be an amazing talent when he wants... And he had an amazing opportunity here in Miami... But you damaged... in the head...Deal with the decisions you make.. and leave the football world alone

Back
Top Bottom