Breaking Ricky News | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Breaking Ricky News

john00agent said:
please add castrated.......

No need for that...he has no balls...remember he said he doesn't like getting hit so much!!!

Go Fins!!!

I love hypocrisy.

Back in 2000 or 01 when rumor went around that Detriot/Miami were talking trade for Sanders I remember just about every Miami fan jumping for joy at the thought of Sanders coming to Miami and playing. Not caring that he dropped the franchise on the eve of training camp to retire, without even giving the coach a call. He let Daddy do it.

More forward to 2004. Miami has a RB do the samething and now that he looks to be headed back, most every Miami fan wants to trade him for a bag of peanuts for doing to them what Sanders did to Detriot, yet they wanted Barry, but do not want RW.

I think RW earned the right for a chance to redeem himself to Miami with his performance prior to all of this. He carried the franchise for 2 years with little help from his coach or teammates.

They rode him and gave him little in return.

RW will be back in Miami next year if DW/RS are no longer here. If they are here then I doubt he will, but I promise the fans that are posting now about getting what they can for RW, will be blasting RS and posting how stupid it was to trade him for a bag a peanuts.

Give RW a second chance, because from where Miami sits. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Also with Miami's track record for draft picks we may ended up seeing them draft another special teams player.

Sal Lisitano said:
No need for that...he has no balls...remember he said he doesn't like getting hit so much!!!
Easy to say when you are not the one getting hit.

I think his words were. I'm being ran into the ground.

Almost 800 carries in 2 years (NFL record by the way.) I think proves he is correct.

DW playing him against the Jets last year with a busted shoulder also proves it.

john00agent said:
who was that OLine man that JJ drafted that used to bite off sheeps nuts? No, I am serious!!!

We need him for this job

Grey Rugermeyer....spelling :confused:

He plays for the Packers now....He is getting playing time!

Dphins4me said:
I love hypocrisy.

Back in 2000 or 01 when rumor went around that Detriot/Miami were talking trade for Sanders I remember just about every Miami fan jumping for joy at the thought of Sanders coming to Miami and playing. Not caring that he dropped the franchise on the eve of training camp to retire, without even giving the coach a call. He let Daddy do it.

More forward to 2004. Miami has a RB do the samething and now that he looks to be headed back, most every Miami fan wants to trade him for a bag of peanuts for doing to them what Sanders did to Detriot, yet they wanted Barry, but do not want RW.

I think RW earned the right for a chance to redeem himself to Miami with his performance prior to all of this. He carried the franchise for 2 years with little help from his coach or teammates.

RW will be back in Miami next year if DW/RS are no longer here. If they are here then I doubt he will, but I promise the fans that are posting now about getting what they can for RW, will be blasting RS and posting how stupid it was to trade him for a bag a peanuts.

Give RW a second chance, because from where Miami sits. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Also with Miami's track record for draft picks we may ended up seeing them draft another special teams player.
Please don't put Barry Sanders in the same sentence with Ricky. One retired because he wanted to (Sanders) and stuck with it!

The other (Ricky) quit for so many reasons I can't remember them all.
A: Pot, he wants to be free to smoke.
B: He was used to much.
C: He wants to see the world and find himself.
D: I'll come back this year but I need a new contract
E: I lost my love for the game.
F: Oops, I found my love for the game again!

I would have had a lot more respect (although I still would not want him back) if he just walked into the sunset like Sanders did with his mouth shut!!

Dphins4me said:
I love hypocrisy.

Agreed. I'm sure Ricky and the players can patch things up if they are "professionals" and having Ricky back would help us so much on offense and in our draft.

Either way, I'll be rooting for Ricky whether he's on the Dolphins or not.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
Please don't put Barry Sanders in the same sentence with Ricky. One retired because he wanted to (Sanders) and stuck with it!!!
Not the point. Sander knew from the end of the year he was going to retire. He waited till it would hurt the Lions the most. Yet many Miami fans were drooling at the thought of him coming to Miami.

He quit on Detriot, just like RW quit on Miami. Yet Miami fans were willing to forget that Sanders quit on Detriot.

There is no difference other than. It happened to me.

Quitting is quitting. Either you allow the person to come back on your team or you never allow any quitter to come to your team.

If a new coach is here, then he will easily be able to say. "He did not quit on me"

NJFINSFAN1 said:
The other (Ricky) quit for so many reasons I can't remember them all.
A: Pot, he wants to be free to smoke.
B: He was used to much.
C: He wants to see the world and find himself.
D: I'll come back this year but I need a new contract
E: I lost my love for the game.
F: Oops, I found my love for the game again!

I would have had a lot more respect (although I still would not want him back) if he just walked into the sunset like Sanders did with his mouth shut!!
I couldn't care less about the reason. The end result is all that matters.

Both players have their faults. Sanders was never man enough to call Detriot and at least inform then of it. Again he let daddy do that..

RW is out there, no doubt but at least he let them know and everything else is just what you read in the media. Who really knows what has been actually said.

Remember he did not call until his agent told him to. And it matters to me why he quit. I don't even think he knows. We can agree to disagree, but I would not like him back.

Dphins4me said:
I love hypocrisy.

Don't put Barry Sanders and Ricky Williams in the same catagory, because it's not the samething.
Sanders didn't show up at mini camps and work out with the team.
Sanders didn't give speaches about his new leadership role.
Sanders didn't go off and smoke dope and tour with rock stars then try and unretire so he could pay back the Lions.
Barry never showed up to any team events and gave the Lions any indication that he would play.
Infact he had told teammates and the FO retirement was a possibility in the near future.
I'm not saying he what he did was right, but the Lions had time to adjust to Barry not playing. Ricky just flat out mislead the Dolphins.

Dphins4me said:
Not the point. Sander knew from the end of the year he was going to retire. He waited till it would hurt the Lions the most. Yet many Miami fans were drooling at the thought of him coming to Miami.

He quit on Detriot, just like RW quit on Miami.
:shakeno:

Barry quit because he was tired of losing, Ricky quit cause he was tired of playing. NOT the same.

Bottom line is if they don't get a 1 for this guy, suit him up again and run him into the ground!

IMO, wannstedt is as much to blame for Ricky doing what he did. DW abused him and really attempted to get him no help at all as far as bonifide OLman go, etc. I think Ricky just got tired of being played for a sucker. Get rid of DW at any/all costs [along with FO and coaches], get Ricky back to reprove himself. Just bringing Ricky back won't do anything, tho.

Back
Top Bottom