Brees All Time Passing Record | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees All Time Passing Record

It defines the 2 decades of Dolphins being lost in the wilderness. Brees could have been a Dolphin TWICE! I still remember reading the ESPN magazine prior to the 2001 draft which had Brees going to the Dolphins at the end of round 1. Instead we took Jamar Fletcher. UGH.

And Saban... omg. He screwed us TWICE. Culpepper over Brees AND passing on Aaron Rodgers.

Miami would have ruined Brees’ career.

Very possible... I think more likely if we drafted him... He took on a bus label with SD early on which is why they drafted Rivers, but he turned it on once Rivers was drafted. He might have flamed out here under Wannstedt. But he couldnt' have been worse than Fiedler with a stacked team!

I think had he come to the Phins in 2005 Nick Saban might still be coach and we'd be talking about a very different last decade of Dolphins football.

A coach lives or dies based on the decisions they make at the QB position.
Dave Wannstedt passed on Brees and stated that he didn’t believe he was an upgrade over Fiedler. Boy, must he feel stupid.
Nick Saban felt that Daunte Culpepper was a safer bet than Brees.
As good as Saban is as a college coach, he was a failed NFL coach.

Gase is on the verge of sabotaging his 1st head coaching gig. What does the future hold for him?

It worked out for the best though. We should be grateful we landed Tannehill at #8 overall. What a steal! I didn’t think he fall to us at 8.

It's depressing to even think about the what if......Brees, Rdogers, Gronkoski........ah what's the point.

They said NFL doctors, not just the Dolphins doctor, said there was 75 % chance he would never play again with his shoulder injury. It makes me laugh when people complain about drafting a player with an injury or when a player misses a game or two with an injury but then some o those same fans say Miami should have taken a chance on Brees. It would be like if someone said there was a 75 % chance that Teddy Bridgewater would never play again. And Miami hitched their future on him. Sure Brees has turned out to be a better qb than Bridgewater will likely ever be, but at the time there was still a lot of unknown. My point is people should complain about signing or drafting injured players and then turn around and say Miami should have signed Brees.

Back
Top Bottom