Brees All Time Passing Record | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees All Time Passing Record

God, just checked the game and Brees is lighting it up. 39 yo and he is vastly better than Tannehill; there is no comparison.

They said NFL doctors, not just the Dolphins doctor, said there was 75 % chance he would never play again with his shoulder injury. It makes me laugh when people complain about drafting a player with an injury or when a player misses a game or two with an injury but then some o those same fans say Miami should have taken a chance on Brees. It would be like if someone said there was a 75 % chance that Teddy Bridgewater would never play again. And Miami hitched their future on him. Sure Brees has turned out to be a better qb than Bridgewater will likely ever be, but at the time there was still a lot of unknown. My point is people should complain about signing or drafting injured players and then turn around and say Miami should have signed Brees.

Brees has and always had what they call the "intangibles"...namely his drive and will to strive to play his best and win. That stuff can't be measured by medical doctors who only look at the charts, mri's ,etc. Granted, it's like a needle in a haystack but he is definitely one who proved them all wrong.

Someone help me down memory lane.

Was Drew Bress always a great passer, manipulator of the pocket etc at Purdue, San Diego?

I thought he was okay during those times and then blew up with Sean Payton when he got to N.O, No?

He sure wasn't strolling into Sean Payton here. This team probably woulda turned him into a trannie.

It defines the 2 decades of Dolphins being lost in the wilderness. Brees could have been a Dolphin TWICE! I still remember reading the ESPN magazine prior to the 2001 draft which had Brees going to the Dolphins at the end of round 1. Instead we took Jamar Fletcher. UGH.

And Saban... omg. He screwed us TWICE. Culpepper over Brees AND passing on Aaron Rodgers.

THAT was the worst one! Passing over Aaron Rodgers and DRAFTING Ronnie Brown?? Ronnie wasn't even the starting RB on his own team! Cadillac Williams was.

I thought it was a joke or a smoke screen when just weeks before the draft that the 49ers were going to draft Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. No ****ing way. Rodgers was WAY better than Smith in college, in every possible way.

I don't really hold it against Saban for passing on Brees in 2006 since the medical doctors were the ones that screwed the pooch there. Passing on him in 2001 was a huge whiff. I'm sure if you asked Wannstedt today he would still validate why he did what he did instead of just admitting he screwed the one up.

Watching Brees set records tonight reminded me how lucky we, as phin-fans, are that we botched Brees. I mean if we followed 16 years of Marino with 16 years of Brees, we would be the most hated team in the league!

I enjoy watching Brees play. Reminds me pf what a real QB looks like. Tanny, he is still a project after 7 years lol.

Brees would have ruined his career coming here...unless he brought Sean Payton and Greg Williams or Wade Phillips with him.....IMO

Yea, he moves that offense like a well oiled machine and that Sean Payton looks the part.

They said NFL doctors, not just the Dolphins doctor, said there was 75 % chance he would never play again with his shoulder injury. It makes me laugh when people complain about drafting a player with an injury or when a player misses a game or two with an injury but then some o those same fans say Miami should have taken a chance on Brees. It would be like if someone said there was a 75 % chance that Teddy Bridgewater would never play again. And Miami hitched their future on him. Sure Brees has turned out to be a better qb than Bridgewater will likely ever be, but at the time there was still a lot of unknown. My point is people should complain about signing or drafting injured players and then turn around and say Miami should have signed Brees.

He got picked up by the Saints. So he wasn't injured enough for an NFL team to not give him a chance. Of course we know better though. We're the high and mighty fins. Remember 50 years ago when we went undefeated?

He got picked up by the Saints. So he wasn't injured enough for an NFL team to not give him a chance. Of course we know better though. We're the high and mighty fins. Remember 50 years ago when we went undefeated?

He was injured enough that several teams, not just Mamii passed on him. As I said Brees said doctors around the league told him there was 75% chance he would never play again. Of course he beat the odds. My point earlier is that it's silly to cry over passing on Brees while at the same time saying the team shouldn't look at other players with much more promising injury diagnosis

Back
Top Bottom