Brees Update On Espn News | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brees Update On Espn News

ncdolfan said:
I agree with the sentiments from above. You'd like to see the Saints and their fans catch a break, but being a Dolphins fan, I don't want that break coming at the Dolphins expense. Hopefully, they will be able to use that #2 pick to turn things around.

Agreed...

they are lucky that leinhart isn't pulling an Eli Manning on them

He said that the Saints offer wasn't good enough to prevent Brees from coming to Miami. Brees may sign with the Saints for that offer if the Fins don't offer enough, or guarantee enough money.

Whatever, how does he know? Brees was going to meet with us anyway. he doesnt know that he didnt sign bc the offer was low.

this guy is grabing at straws

CJTaKoZ said:
He said that the Saints offer wasn't good enough to prevent Brees from coming to Miami. Brees may sign with the Saints for that offer if the Fins don't offer enough, or guarantee enough money.

This may be another way of Brees saying, "The Saints don't have enough money to sign me if I can go to Miami, even if it is for less." Lets hope this is so, becuase I don't think the Dolphins will match their reported offer.

I think when he says "good enough" he means that it wasn't good enough to keep him from visiting Miami. It still remains to be seen whether our offer will be good enough either.

PressCoverage said:
i kinda feel bad for the Saints these days. What NFL free agent wants to come to that city right now? They'll have trouble luring free agent talent for years to come.
Yeah, I agree. But rumors are that they will move to Los Angeles in 2007 to play in the Coliseum, which would attract alot of fan base. God knows those USC games are always packed. So things are looking good for them in the future.

Phinatical said:
Per Joh Clayton:

'the new orleans saints tried to sign brees but the offer wasnt good enough...will visit the fins today and believes brees faith will be decided right after that.'

So let me get this straight. Brees will visit with the Dolphins, then choose a religion to follow, AND THEN he will let everyone know where he will play football? THis is getting weirder by the minute.

According to PFT (take it for what its worth), the Phins are expected to offer a deal that would allow Brees to make more money later, and not sooner.

Back
Top Bottom