Brett Favre press conference | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brett Favre press conference

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Let's root for Farve to play and get his ass handed to him by the Fins.!!!!!!! We can win this game either way and if we beat the Pack at full strength, those #$$**&^$@!&^ Bills' fans won't be able to say...."Oh but Farve was hurt, blah blah blah blah blah......" God, I can hear it already :shakeno:

We've been listening to the same excuses from fin fans for the last two weeks. :rofl:

Something @ consuming cake and also eating it comes to mind, but I hate tired old cliches. First, you have to beat the Packers :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Longlive Pack
I see some of our fellow Pack fans are edgemacating the Phin fans:) I will be disapointed if Favre cannot play this Monday but I think the chances of him sitting out this game will be crushed by his will to play. I am worried, though, about his mobility. Our o-line definitely need to step up if he does play. The man knows how to get away from the defenders but will his knee fail him? I don't thing the man had a single concussion in his career, but dont quote me on it. He will play. Dont underestimate the power of the Lambeu Field. By the way, its going to be cold, no indian summer here! Its going to be a great game. Go Pack!!!!!!

thats the thing. i just noticed you guys have some linemen shuffled around. that has to play into coaches mind. i think Favre will play. but what happens if JT gets to him a number of times and turns him around and twists that knee? you know for one that sherman will be squinting like never before and favre understands that this injury is different from others in that the pain is not there, which hides the fact how serious this injury can be if he plays and it is not fully healed and it gets worse. end of story, there is alot of questions that need to be anwsered. but i think this thread got a bit off kilter. i didnt mean for it to turn into a debate about his knee itself. but rather the doubt that is going through the coaches mind, who makes the call. the pack are running away in the division and he thinks pederson can do the job. pederson is also taking all the reps this week. how does that fit the game plan if all of a sudden favre plays and everything changes when practicing w/ dougy wide eyes? players will be depending on Favre alot and then what if favre leaves the game? alot of switching around. it would be more sound to just play pederson from the start. But that likely will not happen. and i will be glad. But we have ammo here. that was my point. it kind of evens things up with ray lucas. that is why sherman may make this a ray vs. dougy game and then prepare for next week with Favre.

Originally posted by va dolfan
Let's just all root for Favre to sit.Okay?It would be in the best interest of his knee, and our record.

no way, i want favre to play! and i want JT to make his world shaky! The LT situation in green bay has some questions. take no prisoners!

Originally posted by Chauncey
We've been listening to the same excuses from fin fans for the last two weeks. :rofl:

Which is the whole reason I brought it up, chauncey:rolleyes:

If Farve is healthy and playing and we still beat them then, maybe all these Bills fans will stop jumping into threads that have nothing to do with them just so they can lay some smack.

Need a mirror?

Originally posted by weeds
Wow...those are an awful lot of straws to be grasping in one massive stroke... yikes and egad man ... best get another set of hands. ;)

:lol: :lol: good one :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by finfan54
its called instincts. its called body language. its called monday night football. And the green bay packers havent really manhandled anyone of great significance. let alone manhandle anyone of no significance. I would say Farve is 50/50 from playing this game right now as it stands in the coaches eye. if you heard the press conference, you would not be saying i am grasping at straws. this is a nonconerence game. Favre is not 100% and has not really shown the docs that he is healing up anytime quick. that is not grasping at straws. sorry.

Not to mention a re-shuffled o-line. I think it's too risky. I think Brett Favre is an awesome QB, but I wouldn't risk him in a non-division, non-conference game.

But on the other hand, I want Brett in the game because I like watching him play. I a dolphin fan living in the Philly area and I can't stand the Eagles, but I did go to the Eagles' preseason game against Green Bay only to watch Brett play.

I don't wish injury on any player, BUT on the other hand, if Brett doesn't play, it does level the playing field for us ;) :evil:

People keep saying that this game is not important to the Packers because it is non-division and non-conference. That just isn't true. The Packers pretty much have the division wrapped up already, they are playing for home field advantage in the playoffs. Every game is important, not just NFC teams. Homefield advantage is determined by overall record, not conference record. As far as Favre's injury goes; the ONLY reason Favre will play is to win. The streak is not an issue. I truly believe that if playing this game was a big risk for the rest of the season, Sherman would sit Favre. As of now, doctors say that he is healing fine and playing would not risk further injury. Sure, if he gets hit in the knee he's gonna get injured, but that could happen any week. Yes, his mobility may be limited, but when you've got a cannon for an arm, you can play a game as a pure pocket passer. I expect Green and Franks to catch a lot of check down passes. I also expect our O-Line to have a lot of holding calls against them. They're gonna do everything they can to protect Brett.
BTW, it is a mild LCL sprain. ACL and MCL are perfectly fine.

From Packers.comFavre Continues Rehab, Hopes To Start

by Jason Bellamy, Packers.com
posted 10/30/2002

Brett Favre didn't see any live action in the Packers' first practice since the bye week Wednesday, but even if it's too soon to say definitively that he will be the team's starting quarterback Monday night against the Miami Dolphins, it's also too soon to say that he won't.

Back from a five-day layoff, during which Favre rehabbed his sprained left knee at the University of Southern Mississippi, near his offseason home in Hattiesburg, Miss., Favre did some running Wednesday morning and then practiced his quarterback drops at the afternoon practice.

"Today was just kind of a small step," Favre said. "Maybe I could have done more, but I don't know that for sure. Believe it or not, I'm taking the doctor's advice and taking it slow. From my standpoint it feels like I can go, like full-steam, and I know that's pushing it."

Favre is listed as 'questionable' on the team's injury report, meaning there is a 50-percent chance that he will play Monday night.

Packers GM/Head Coach Mike Sherman said he expects Favre to practice at some point this week, but didn't put a date on Favre's participation.

"We'll have to wait and see how the knee responds to (Wednesday's workout)," Sherman said. "It's a day-to-day issue in regard to that because if his knee responds poorly to today's activity, then it's a setback. If he responds well, then we're right on course."

Favre refused to speculate whether his recovery was ahead or behind schedule, but did indicate that Wednesday's workout did nothing to dissuade his confidence that he can start Monday night.

"I expect to play, but I expected to play last week," Favre said. "With that in mind, I didn't do much today, so I don't know if you can base it off what I did today."

Even if Favre weren't able to practice this week, it wouldn't make him unavailable against Miami. In fact, the previous two times Favre left a game due to injury, he was a game-time decision the following week, but managed to lead the Packers to victory.

Most recently, Favre followed an ankle injury against Tampa Bay with a 301-yard, two-touchdown effort against the Indianapolis Colts during the 2000 season. Prior to that, in 1995, Favre torched the Chicago Bears for 336 yards and five touchdowns only a week after injuring his ankle against Minnesota.

Dolphins head coach Dave Wannstedt remembers the 1995 game well, as it was one of Favre's 11 victories over the Bears while he was Chicago's head coach.

Said Wannstedt, "He kind of gimped down the ramp and there was no way the guy was going to play or move around and he threw five touchdown passes. I have a tough time getting that out of my mind, to be honest."

If Favre is able to play Monday, he'll make his 165th consecutive regular season start, continuing what is already an NFL record for quarterbacks and the longest active streak in the league at any position.

"Knowing Brett the way I do, he's going to do everything he can to be in that game," seventh-year guard Marco Rivera said. "I can't even fathom him not being there Monday night. I think he's going to be there. If it takes him rehabbing all week and getting ready, that's what he'll do."

Hey guys, lets not forget that Jason Taylor has been playing much of the season with a partial tear in his MCL (might have been ACL, I forget which). The most extreme case I see, is that Favre will wear a hefty knee brace to protect the knee, which might hinder his mobility slightly. Otherwise, lets except it Fin fans, Brett will be playing on Monday night.

Personally I don't regard a tough QB playing a big MNF game as stupid, simply a reinforcing act proving the fact that he is a winner. Ask every NFL player how many times they can recall entering a game completely fit and healthy. What do you think their answers would be? Injuries are a part of playing football in the NFL. The difference with the truly great players, the Emmitt Smiths, Brett Favres, and the avergage starters, is their ability to mainain a superior standard of play through the injuries.

nobody can play with any type of injury to the ACL. JT's injury is to the MCL. Even the slightest ACL injury will knock you out bad. FYI

I didn't know about JT's injury. He makes me nervous, especially with Brett not being very mobile. Hopefully for Packer fans, Taylor will be a little slower too. MCL injuries are even worse than LCL injuries.

Back
Top Bottom