@BrettKollmann lists Miami as his #1 haul in the 2021 NFL Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

@BrettKollmann lists Miami as his #1 haul in the 2021 NFL Draft

Still need a QB who isn’t gonna get phased by Coastal Carolina - the real D fences are on their way
Wasn't problem for players like Steve Young and Steve McNair. Zach Wilson has the talent, up to Jets to build proper team around him and I think they will. I like how Douglas is building their team.

Wasn't problem for players like Steve Young and Steve McNair. Zach Wilson has the talent, up to Jets to build proper team around him and I think they will. I like how Douglas is building their team.
But Tua should do it all on his own with no talent around him?

While I could easily nitpick certain moves, I really like what the Jets have done to give Wilson a chance. Mims, Davis, Elijah Moore, and Crowder is the most talent the Jets have had at WR in a long time. The OL is also more talented than it's been in some time.

The D will be bad in 2021, but who cares? 2021 is all about developing and evaluating their rookie QB, who is btw very talented. I think they should have drafted Fields, but Wilson was an acceptable alternative.

All we are about to hear out of NY is we should have kept Darnold and Douglass could have had all the same players he chose and more - but they chose the reboot to get three more years with a new QB

Wilson is going to get roughed up and by elite talent not the likes of he has seen before

Are you going to argue that he has practiced and or played against anything that would draw comparison with something NFLD coordinators can churn up?

Meanwhile Darnold will play with something he.never had in NY - skill players - go back and look at that putrid Offense really little wonder Sam had trouble

All we are about to hear out of NY is we should have kept Darnold and Douglass could have had all the same players he chose and more - but they chose the reboot to get three more years with a new QB

Wilson is going to get roughed up and by elite talent not the likes of he has seen before

Are you going to argue that he has practiced and or played against anything that would draw comparison with something NFLD coordinators can churn up?

Meanwhile Darnold will play with something he.never had in NY - skill players - go back and look at that putrid Offense really little wonder Sam had trouble
I agree Zach Wilson is gonna have some rough games and struggles during his rookie year. Similiar with Josh Allen playing at Wyoming and making big jump to NFL. But you see Josh Allen making great progress throughout his career as Bills built great team around him.

I see Jets doing the same with Zach Wilson.

I also think Sam Darnold us talented QB and Mike Maccagan Adam Gase ruined him. Curious to see how he does with Panthers.

I'm not sure that statement is historically accurate.

You may want to look at SB winning QBs year by year. Mahomes and Wilson won on rookie deals. Who else?

Perhaps good, from a salary cap standpoint, but pretty rare due to the reality of most team's situations.

Most teams drafting a QB high are not in a position to compete in the near future, because the franchise is most likely abismal.

Both the Chiefs and Hawks circumstances were outliers. Ours is too, to a certain degree, for a couple reasons.

Look at the QBs taken this year. I guess some will say SF may be ready to win, but a long shot for me, as their window is closing fast, IMO.
Yup it isnt common occurence at all. But I also dont like to use SB winners as anything of an absolute example of how you should build your team... I mean we're talking about a winner of a game exactly once per year, there's just way to many act of god events to make any sort of definitive statements either way... If KC were to play TB a 100 times in a row with the same 55 players on roster, both teams win% would likely be around 50%.

While having a QB on a rookie contract is definitely not a requirement, its obviously a huge advantage given how fast these contracts are sky rocketing. Sure Pat Mahomes won one SB on his rookie contract, but he made it there twice. We're talking about a guy who will be making 40+MIL per soon that was playing for a 5MIL cap hit this season... This extra cool 35+ MIL in cap space simply cant be ignored.

I guess what Im saying is your absolute best shot at a lenghty SB window is absolutely to hit on a good QB in the draft. Especially with the way things are headed, If I were a GM, if Im not absolutely certain my young QB is top 5-7 material Im drafting another one before the end of his rookie contract. This is why I love that the Fins kept that extra '23 1st round pick. Not sure if it was intentional but they played their cards really well.

Back
Top Bottom