Brian Flores: I’m worried about getting players better, not my job security | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Flores: I’m worried about getting players better, not my job security

If your head coach can’t attract a competent staff…your in trouble!
Is it lack of attraction or lack of his ego allowing coaches to coach their way? That's the problem. He wants puppets. Puppets can't teach.

Flores...take your noble mission and get out of my face with that BS.

Who is being "developed"?

He should get fired just for making this statement. Who on this planet earth isn’t worried about job security???
Gruden wasn’t worried 2 weeks ago?
Fire his ass now!

IMO, Flo isn’t worried because Ross already assured him and Grier another year. We have always said Ross keeps these folks a year or two longer than he should.

Exactly. He appears defeated and resigned to failure. Buffalo just bytch slapped us and punched us in the mouth yet again and we just rolled over and took it. This team has taken on Flores personality and that’s not a good thing.
I liked Flores personality last 2 seasons. He was smart, tough, disciplined but passionate. I thought given his lack of HC experience he was doing a great job. Potentially another Mike Thomlin styled approach to the game. But something beyond just normal challenges is afoot.

Is it lack of attraction or lack of his ego allowing coaches to coach their way? That's the problem. He wants puppets. Puppets can't teach.
I think that argument falls apart because of Gailey. For all of his failures, Gailey has done far more as a coordinator and head coach than Flores.

Flores can't come back. No quality assistants will come into a lame duck regime.

The one good coaching move that Ross made was ripping the bandaid on Gase in the offseason, rather than giving him more time to fail. With Sparano and Philbin, Ross prayed things would get better with one more year. They didn't.

He had to bring Sparano back because his backdoor attempt to hire Harbaugh failed. Philbin, Gase, and Flores all came with some level of demand for them when they were hired. At least there are attempts to bring in someone qualified or with some level of market value.

Ross seems to have an affinity and loyalty for GMs that no one else wants. I think it has to do with how he has the team report to him and he builds a relationship with the GM because he's the one he discusses the football operations with the most. There has been literally no demand for Ireland since 2014, Tannenbaum was working as a sports agent when Ross brought him in, and we all know the book on Grier by this point.

While coaching is no doubt terrible, there is a pretty obvious difference. QB.

People need to realize Tua actually has better numbers this year than he did last year with Chan.

The offense sucked last year, but could at least score somewhat with Fitz. When Tua came in we didn’t score. This year the offense sucks again, and we’re still not scoring. At some point gotta look at Occams razor.
Is Occam including the 4 games where Tua wasn’t running the offense?

Attraction or lack thereof can be for various reasons…bottom line, he can’t put a good staff together and we’ve seen a lack of relating to certain players.

There was no reason to lose Minkah other than Flores stubbornness!

Back
Top Bottom