Brian G. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian G.

Chubby

SUPERFAN
Reaction score
In my opinion The hall of Fame son will not be here by next season and will be released. I do think Jay will have a good year and solidify his position with us. I dont think Brian is going to be worth all that Money that is due to him next year and with Sage Making all this noise I really think We will see sage as our future starter.

Originally posted by Chubby
In my opinion The hall of Fame son will not be here by next season and will be released. I do think Jay will have a good year and solidify his position with us. I dont think Brian is going to be worth all that Money that is due to him next year and with Sage Making all this noise I really think We will see sage as our future starter.

That is interesting, as I watch Sage, I wonder, why did they go out and sign Brian. I hope your right Chubby, I hope that he is gone. I am not a Griese fan, he is much like Plummer and overrated.

I think he was just brought here for insurance and to keep fiedler on his toes!

I think he was just brought here for insurance and to keep fiedler on his toes!

Did you say "toes" ? :lol:

Sage is the man. I loved the trade last summer, especially for a seventh round pick. He will be special, IMO. He has looked really good, has been brought along by Norv and in 2004 he will take off, watch. He has the confidence you love in a qb and a strong arm. Norv said he is extremely comfortable in this offense and is reading defenses very well and looking off defenders.

Sage will be our starting qb in 2004, you heard it here first.

One other reason I think he will be our starter, is he is in the last year of his contract, he will want a shot or go elsewhere to get it. Givin a chance to compete for the job next year, I dont think Jay nor Griese will beat him out. I am a fan of Jay's if you remember, i just think Sage has too much talent and is young, he is someone we can build around with Rickey.

I don't want to be critical of what you are suggesting...

...Sage may well be the next generation of exciting passing game for this franchise (I'm reserving judgement), but if that happens, we have a worse situation at backup QB next year than this. Zero depth.

Neither Jay nor Brian stick around as backups - both can start in this league (if only for the Bengals for those who don't like them). What do you propose to resove that situation?

I really think this is a mute point right now.
Brian has not had a chance to show anything considering he just started learning the offense. He was just acquired not even 2 months ago. If you recall, Norv's offense takes years to learn. His first year here not even half the playbook was in use. Now that his toe is injured we'll probably never know. If we're going to debate this issue now, I don't think either one will be here next year actually. Considering the amount of money both Griese and Jay will want I think we'll go with Sage and draft a QB but who knows.

Re: I don't want to be critical of what you are suggesting...

Originally posted by GazPhin
...Sage may well be the next generation of exciting passing game for this franchise (I'm reserving judgement), but if that happens, we have a worse situation at backup QB next year than this. Zero depth.

Neither Jay nor Brian stick around as backups - both can start in this league (if only for the Bengals for those who don't like them). What do you propose to resove that situation?

Maybe we can pry Vinnie away from the Jets at the ripe old age of 41.

I could see this happening.

Jay wins us the SB, we let Jay go due to cap issues, sign Griese as the starter at first, keep Sage, and if Griese starts to go into a slump put Sage in and take it from there.

Sage plays against 3rd string. . . .remember that.

yeah but if Jay Feidler sticks around dont you guys think he should re-negotiate the contract....or in our terms....take a paycut.

Almost goes without saying...

...that Jay or Brian get a renegotiated contract if either stay. From the time Jay got this contract some of us felt he either had to prove worth that amount or re-negotiate once the big salaries came on stream. Given the projected cap levels for 2004 it's a must, given that they're neither of them going to turn into the second coming of DanMarino in a year's time.

Re: Re: Brian G.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

I really think this is a mute point right now.
Brian has not had a chance to show anything considering he just started learning the offense. He was just acquired not even 2 months ago. If you recall, Norv's offense takes years to learn. His first year here not even half the playbook was in use. Now that his toe is injured we'll probably never know. If we're going to debate this issue now, I don't think either one will be here next year actually. Considering the amount of money both Griese and Jay will want I think we'll go with Sage and draft a QB but who knows.

If you have been to any of the practices as I have you would notice that not even in the Qb Reciever Drills (the One were the recivers just run all the tree routes) Griese Struggles. He does not have an accurate arm and does not feel comfortable in the pocket even with the Broncos he struggled and he new that offense through and through!

do you really think that if Norv and Dave feel Sage is the best option, they will say "No lets not start him cause we need him as a backup"? If we go with Sage as the starter and let both griese and fiedler go, we would sign a veteran and draft a young qb. Jax looking to dump Garrard, maybe we get him in the offseason? I dont know who they would get, but they certainly wont sit Sage just so they have a backup.

Thist team does tend to keep players around and also give them more chances to start do to there salary and draft position. Look at fletcher and a couple of other High draft picks that we kept around just cause they didnt want to look like they made a mistake

Back
Top Bottom