Brian G. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian G.

It's somethin about Miami that keeps these players here and others wanting to come here. . .

The air? :lol:

I'm so sick of everyone blasting Griese. I especially like how people just throw out things like his accuracy and that "he can only comlete short passes." Here's some stuff to ponder:

Jay Fiedler: Carrer Comp%: 60.0
Last Year's%: 61.3
This P.S. %: 69.7
Avg/Att in PS: 7.3 yds.

Brian Griese: Career Comp% 62.2
Last Year's%: 66.7 (3rd best in AFC)
This P.S. %: 72.7
Avg/Att in PS: 9.38

I hate to use stats like this but I hate it when some of you guys say how lousy he looks in practice. All that counts is when they're on the field and BG's looked better each week.
As for Sage, he'll only be 2nd string next year at best. Let's be realistic guys, he's going against a lot of guys who won't even make their team.
And I love Jay, but if we don't have a great season (at least AFC championship game) he's gone along with coach Wannstedt. And Brian will be the starter for this team. IMO of course.

Oh...and as for BG not being able to complete passes when they run the tree... SO WHAT!!?!? It's friggin practice. And if you read the herald the other day, Jay and Sage couldn't complete half the passes they were throwing deep to uncovered receivers. And guess what?!?! It don't mean diddly.

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
It's somethin about Miami that keeps these players here and others wanting to come here. . .

The air? :lol:

lower drug prices....;)
you can get a good eightball here sometimes for as low as 80 bucks...it's usually 100, but well worth it if it's good ****:D

Bassfin the reason people rip him is that he is not that good. It could be his shoulder or maybe he just doesnt have it. But He is inconsistent and has no presense in the pocket and He hasnt proven otherwise last year or this year in the preseason games or practice.

Re: Re: Re: Brian G.

Originally posted by Chubby

If you have been to any of the practices as I have you would notice that not even in the Qb Reciever Drills (the One were the recivers just run all the tree routes) Griese Struggles. He does not have an accurate arm and does not feel comfortable in the pocket even with the Broncos he struggled and he new that offense through and through!

I have been to some of the practices.
Let's just say I disagree.
New surroundings, new recievers to get a feel for and throw to, first real action since surgery to a sholder, and more importantly a new offense to learn. A lot of variables for this guy to overcome. He was progressing week in and week out, that's the bottom line. Another preseason game and another month practicing I feel he would have been on track. Now, I don't know if he will be ready if needed. If he is even healthy in time. It was a huge bonus to have a vet QB like Griese waiting in the wings in case Fiedler went down, if you can't see that then I don't know what to tell you.

Treki since you have been to practice do you remember when they were runiing the reciever pass patterns drills? What percentage would you say greise hit the reciver? Its about 40% each practice. Thats pretty sad if you ask me. That drill has nothing to do with playbooks or pocket pressure. Its just him standing throwing to a reciver making a route. Nothing easier than that.

Treki since you have been to practice do you remember when they were runiing the reciever pass patterns drills? What percentage would you say greise hit the reciver? Its about 40% each practice. Thats pretty sad if you ask me. That drill has nothing to do with playbooks or pocket pressure. Its just him standing throwing to a reciver making a route. Nothing easier than that.

Number 1, I would'nt agree with your percentage at all and number two it does take time to adapt to new recieving crews, know their speed etc. Considering he has a lifetime completion % of 62% I think it's pretty weak to even bring up your 40% number since it's completely irrelavent. I'm not saying that Griese is Brett Favre, I'm just saying that a lot of you guys will wish the guy was healthy enough to finish up the preseason and get more experience under his belt if Jay goes down. He was progressing well every week and clearly getting better and more comfortable.
Again, it was an asset the Fins needed to have..... a vet QB that has had success in the NFL as a backup. Now we may not. I don't think a lot of you guys really think before you write some of these comments. Ananlysts, coaches and most fans knew with Griese or ANY backup QB we would have brought in that it was realistically going to take training camp through the mid point of the season until that backup would be comfortable enough to take the reigns of the offense. To judge the guy now is rediculous but many are. Come playoff time I would have felt much more comfortable with Griese than with a QB who, yes looks good, but has never started an NFL game.... Sage.

My Friend I do Think Before I write and i am also very realistic and only write about what I see. And till this day aside from one good year Greise has done nothing than prove himself as a very capable backup. That LEADS ME TO MY MAIN POINT IN THIS THREAD Griese will not be here next year due to the monies that is owed to him. You see you dont pay that kind of money to backups which is what Griese in only good for.

Re: Re: Brian G.

Originally posted by Emskirch

That is interesting, as I watch Sage, I wonder, why did they go out and sign Brian. I hope your right Chubby, I hope that he is gone. I am not a Griese fan, he is much like Plummer and overrated.

if anything plummer is underrated

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

lower drug prices....;)
you can get a good eightball here sometimes for as low as 80 bucks...it's usually 100, but well worth it if it's good ****:D

You seem to know a lot about this subject, maybe that should explain your one liners posts:lol:

My Friend I do Think Before I write and i am also very realistic and only write about what I see. And till this day aside from one good year Greise has done nothing than prove himself as a very capable backup. That LEADS ME TO MY MAIN POINT IN THIS THREAD Griese will not be here next year due to the monies that is owed to him. You see you dont pay that kind of money to backups which is what Griese in only good for.

Well, people see different things......
To each his own.
I don't see either QB here next year personally.
Neither QB is worth the Mega million they will want.
Time to bring in a vet backup, draft a QB and give Sage a chance for cheap. Then take that money to get a top OL or some other position of need. None of these guys are Brett Favre and none of them should be paid like them.

I actually think they will renegotiate Jays contract to lower the hit. But I am not sure where sages contract status stands

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

lower drug prices....;)

You do 8 balls?

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX

You do 8 balls?

This is a warning from the FBI you are being watched! A squad car will be arriving at you location in the next 3 minutes please do not resist Arrest. HEHEEHHEHEHEHEHHEHEH:infins: :apc:

Back
Top Bottom