Brian Griese | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brian Griese

Originally posted by Regan21286

Or if we get a rookie QB, he can start while the newbie learns the ropes like the formerly mediocre Kitna (who had a Pro Bowl year) and Palmer.

Start? Uhhhhhh, No.

If we were going to bring back either Griese or Fiedler, I would take Fiedler. Neither are great, but Fiedler has more heart.

Originally posted by phunwin

I gotta tell ya; Griese had Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey all in their primes that year, with the vaunted Denver OL to sit behind. He's not a bad QB, but he's also not starter material on a team that has Super Bowl aspirations (such as they are).

heck, we just need to make the playoffs.

quote:

Griese wasnt exactly awful...he just wasnt really starter caliber.

Well ... neither was Fiedler :D

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Start? Uhhhhhh, No.

If we were going to bring back either Griese or Fiedler, I would take Fiedler. Neither are great, but Fiedler has more heart.

I think Griese would have more heart. Plus he's been at the top before so he'll know how to get back. He has more to prove and he's got his HOF QB father as guidance. If Fiedler were more competitive, he'd better learn how to throw.

Originally posted by musphinzfan

Mark Schlereth has said that Denver has always had a GREAT run blocking line and a BAD Pass blocking line.

Griese knew what he was getting himself into!!...Miami has both and he came here!!...SO NO!!....And i am a Griese fan too!!:(

and with the exact same line as last year, Plummer was sacked 14 times in 12 games compared to 34 in 13 in 2002 for Griese. Plummer's more mobile than Griese, but he's not 20 less sacks more mobile. Griese doesn't know when to get rid of the ball in the face of pressure.

Originally posted by phunwin

I gotta tell ya; Griese had Terrell Davis, Shannon Sharpe, Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey all in their primes that year, with the vaunted Denver OL to sit behind. He's not a bad QB, but he's also not starter material on a team that has Super Bowl aspirations (such as they are).

Sharpe was in Baltimore and TD was hurt (again) that season and Griese only played in like 10 games, but everything on offense went perfectly for him which is what Griese needs to succeed. He'll never elevate players, the team needs to be playing at a high level to elevate him. Frerotte put up pretty decent numbers that year too when he was in for BG.

Originally posted by cportis26

and with the exact same line as last year, Plummer was sacked 14 times in 12 games compared to 34 in 13 in 2002 for Griese. Plummer's more mobile than Griese, but he's not 20 less sacks more mobile. Griese doesn't know when to get rid of the ball in the face of pressure.

Sharpe was in Baltimore and TD was hurt (again) that season and Griese only played in like 10 games, but everything on offense went perfectly for him which is what Griese needs to succeed. He'll never elevate players, the team needs to be playing at a high level to elevate him. Frerotte put up pretty decent numbers that year too when he was in for BG.

Kitna was sacked 30+ times and gave up a fumble each game. But he turned it around this year. I think Griese can do the same. Maybe we should get his dad to teach him how to handle the pressure.

Originally posted by Omaha_Dolfan
quote:

Griese wasnt exactly awful...he just wasnt really starter caliber.

Well ... neither was Fiedler :D

Of course he was starter caliber, that's why he has such a good win/loss record as a starting QB. However he had his chance, he's old, and is injury prone which is why he was inconsistent. It's time to move on. But there's no reason to SPIN history.

Oliver...

Originally posted by ohall

Of course he was starter caliber, that's why he has such a good win/loss record as a starting QB. However he had his chance, he's old, and is injury prone which is why he was inconsistent. It's time to move on. But there's no reason to SPIN history.

Oliver...

Maybe we can get someone to bite on the win/loss record to give us a good draft pick or player. :rolleyes:

Maybe we can get someone to bite on the win/loss record to give us a good draft pick or player. :rolleyes:

Selective reading at it's finest. I guess you missed where I typed he was old and injury prone.

Interesting.

Oliver...

I think Griese would have more heart. Plus he's been at the top before so he'll know how to get back. He has more to prove and he's got his HOF QB father as guidance. If Fiedler were more competitive, he'd better learn how to throw.

Griese folds under pressure. He has had off season problems in the past (i.e. the incident where he tripped over a dog). Everything about him is a negative. I don't understand your obsession with Griese because he just isn't a good quarterback.

Also, Brian Griese is not Bob Griese. It doesn't mater who Brian has for guidance, he isn't as good as his father and never will be.

Brian Griese is nothing but a washed up DRUNK anyway!!!!

Originally posted by DolfanF150
Brian Griese is nothing but a washed up DRUNK anyway!!!!
at least wait until he gets cut before you hate on the man. so he likes to partake in some drinking and falling down stairs and driving while tipsy and tripping over dogs. who doesn't?

Back
Top Bottom