BRICKER: Dennis Green in Miami? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BRICKER: Dennis Green in Miami?

Fresh

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Read Article Here

Does he want to coach again? "I did it for 30 years. I walked away from it," said Green, who won 101 games in 10 seasons with the Minnesota Vikings and came within an overtime of reaching Super Bowl XXXIII.

He paused, perhaps for effect, then added, as I suspected he would: "There's no doubt I miss the game. I'd love to coach again, but it would have to be for an owner who is serious about football. That's all a head coach wants ... an organization that wants to win. If there is a situation available where ownership is serious about winning and you can help the players do that, I'd be interested. But I wouldn't go back just to go back."

clear.gif

This is the last guy I want to coach this team and we will probably get him.:shakeno:

What?? Dennis Green has taken a$$ and made Playoff teams out of them. He could sure get our guys to play better than Wanny can!! You can take that to the bank!!

I like Dennis Green.

Did you catch my favorite draft trade ever that Bricker mentioned?

Did I mention that I despise Jimmy Johnson?

It took 6 seasons before Dennis Green won his first playoff game, even though the Vikings made the playoffs 5 out of those 6 seasons.

He had a 15-1 regular season, but lost at home to the Falcons in the NFC Championship game.

His Vikings lost 41-0 to a Giant team in the '00 playoffs who obviously were overmatched against the Ravens in the SB.

He's had about as little success drafting defensive players as we have had drafting offense the last 8 years.

His Viking teams made the playoffs a few times, but let's remember through most of those seasons he had the Bears, Lions, and Bucs twice, which pretty much meant 6 gimme wins each year.

His players were not well disciplined and did as they pleased in Green's last few seasons with the Vikings. See Randy Moss.

Yeah, Green would be a perfect fit for Miami because it would be more of the same lack of discipline and playoff futility we've grown used to.

sorry guys you saw how minny was,dennis green is the last guy we want to coach,, teams have just been knocking down his door to come back and coach..LOL.....

I'm apparently in the minority here, but I like the idea of Dennis Green coming in if and when Wanny gets the axe. He has a more passionate style than Wannstedt and yet manages to keep good relations with his players.

Green's problems in Minnesota weren't with the players in general, just Randy Moss.

He would have had the San Fran job this year -- in fact SHOULD have had the job -- exdept that the ownership wanted someone with NO ties to the past.

Give me someone with NFL head coaching experience over a college head coach, please.

I don't mind the thought of Green as coach. Like you said , Randy was the only real problem child.

i think green would be an improvement over our current coach

Anyone is an improvement over our current coach. Well, maybe not Gregg Williams.

I could live with Dennis Green as plan B - after all, just about anybody would be better than Wannstedt. But I would rather have Cowher as plan A if he becomes available.

Chambersownz84:

Did Chambers really say those comments in your sig after the TItians game? If so, I think thats really messed up for so many reasons.

1)First of all, we don't need a Keyshaun Johnson or Corey Dillon with that "give me the damn ball" attitude. That always screws things up and puts the T-E-A-M out of focus.

2)Secondly, maybe he should review the tapes after a game and see what kind of pass protection we're getting or better said, not getting. Then he would know why balls are not flying his way.

3)Third, if he truly wants to win games then he should know one receiver is not going to get it done. Loook at the Chiefs, 3 great receivers are sharing the passes, the Rams have 3 too, and the Titans have about 4, none of them are complaning about getting a couple of passes per game.

4)Fourthly, maybe if he would get open more often and be creative then maybe our QB would throw the ball to him.

5)Fifth and most importantly, the stupid bastard (sorry) was complaining in the offseason of how he was offended when we signed Cris Carter last year when Gadsden got injured instead of going up to him and saying "Chris, we want to work on your game so you can become the #1 receiver and leader on this team" as Chambers explained. It was because of him we didn't sign a premier WR in the offseason as not to "offend" Chambers. Now we don't have another receiver threat because of him, and now he's complaining.

I'm pissed as hell with Chambers if he did say those selfish comments.

Come on I live here in Minne and believe me Green is not the answer, he sucks as a coach, and please do not tell me that he had A$$ for players, Chris Carter, Randy Moss, Matt Birk, Chris Hovan, John Randle, Ed Mcdaniel (multible Pro Bowls), Daunte Culpepper, Robert Griffith, Robert Smith, Todd Steussie all pretty decent or damn good guys and he did squat with them. His players loved him, yeah cause he let them do whatever they want, he was a joke in game time management, worse than Wanne yes it is possible, adjustments HA, see the 41-0 drubbing by the Giants????? WTF was that. He can set no examples hell he knocked up some woman while cheating on his wife, his only goal was to get to the Buffet before anybody else, he was paranoid, power hungry, read his book and his plan to blackmail the then owners of the Vikes to sell him the team. He has no fuc**ng clue, most of his decent picks were because of Jeff Diamond, now at the Titans as his GM. He is trash and there is are some damn good reasons not one team has called on him to coach and they start with, he is poison to a team and he can't flat out coach and his knowledge of players and drafting defense sucks, and hey if you think Wanne has all his cronies coaching with him, wait till you see Denny's.

JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS AND DENNY

Hey just my 2 cents

C'mon, MNFINFAN, open up. Tell us how you really feel. :)

Better yet, tell me who the babe in your signature is. :hump:

Back
Top Bottom