Bring back BOSTON!!!! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bring back BOSTON!!!!

Every time I think of Boston actually on the field in a Fins uniform I get all excited... I really hope we resign him

FinsAreLife said:
with him our offence oculd be a big threat and make feelys job easier too, i would very much like to see him back

Those of us who have watched and followed football for more than 10 seasons know that guys like Boston rarely, if ever, work out.

He's an arrest or year ending injury waiting to happen. This isn't the Boston who entered the league or even the malcontent who polluted the Chargers' lockerroom. He's an older, more beaten down version.

There's a reason why this guy, talented as he is, is not drawing much interest around the league. Its not because he's injured, either.

He's a cancer and always has been. He's a mess off the field and doesn't have the passion for the game that the real superstars have.

Saban would do well to leave players like Ricky and Boston off his team.

The emotional thought is to want talented players like the old Boston on this team.

The logical thought is we won't be getting anything close to the old Boston and the downside is much greater than the upside regardless of what he costs against the cap.

Jnaledu3 said:
He has been a FA for what 2 months now? What does it tell you when NO other team has signed him?

We need to stop being the NFLs recycling bin.
Uhh...that he is still hurt and can't pass a physical yet.

Steve S said:
Those of us who have watched and followed football for more than 10 seasons know that guys like Boston rarely, if ever, work out.

He's an arrest or year ending injury waiting to happen. This isn't the Boston who entered the league or even the malcontent who polluted the Chargers' lockerroom. He's an older, more beaten down version.

There's a reason why this guy, talented as he is, is not drawing much interest around the league. Its not because he's injured, either.

He's a cancer and always has been. He's a mess off the field and doesn't have the passion for the game that the real superstars have.

The emotional thought is to want talented players like the old Boston on this team.

The logical thought is we won't be getting anything close to the old Boston and the downside is much greater than the upside regardless of what he costs against the cap.

Did you not witness or read about his performance last preseason before his injury? The guy, when healthy still has plenty of game left.

Steve S said:

as much as i would like to disagree with you,
you are right

UltraDol-Fan said:
I like Boston too, I would love to have him here. I thought I heard his problem was he was using legal steroids? Like weight gainer or something?
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Scott Andrew said:
Every time I think of Boston actually on the field in a Fins uniform I get all excited... I really hope we resign him

why? we dont need a bench warmer with a bum knee, colllecting a paycheck
:shakeno:

Yes yes, I agree with those that say we need to bring D-BO back to our team. League Minimum with incentive based contract. He's a monster, definitely wouldnt mind him joining Chambers, Booker, McMichael, and Brown in our O. He definitely has potential

I as well would be all for bringing him back if the price is right. I don't think we could say anything negative about Boston as far as his experience here with the Fins. The guy stopped wearing the funky contacts, lost the weight asked of him, worked with our strength and conditioning coaches something he wouldn't do in SD, I mean he done everything asked of him. If healthy he would be an awesome addition to our O. I would love to see him in a Fins uniform. I have been kind of bummed about him getting injured and not even getting to see him play a down.

Id bring him back if he stops using steroids and stop getting injured alot.

Fins 34 said:
One word; STEROIDS.

It doesn't bother me any so long as he quits; and this is most likely the reason he failed a physical.

If he took steroids it would be publicized!
Its the true steroid policy of the NFL

Az-Zahir Hakim is a much better fit for a 3rd WR, IMO, than Boston. Hakim can play the slot, and Boston would be out of place there (I know we could move Chambers into the slot if Boston were in the 3-WR set, but I don't like that as much). If Booker or Chambers were to get injured, however, a healthy Boston would be a better replacement for either of them than Hakim. Given the choice right now, I'd rather us sign Hakim because it directly addresses a definite need area (3rd WR). I wouldn't mind us signing both, though, and dumping Derrius Thompson. That would still leave us enough roster space to have a couple of young WRs to develop (Newson, Welker, Gilmore, etc.) at WR5 and WR6.

Back
Top Bottom