Brissett taking QB Sneaks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brissett taking QB Sneaks

what is the criticism?

tua should be doing it instead of bringing out the brisket?
Plenty of people were criticizing it in the game thread.

Honestly, I cringe when a lot of QB's run sneaks. No way do I enjoy seeing QB's lay themselves out for defenders to come at them from all angles. I mean sometimes its necessary to do that based on game situation and a good play when you just need that little bit and the defense might not be fully prepared or selling out fully on it. But why have your starting QB get beatup if you've got a backup who has lots of game experience and a body more suited to it anyway?

Plenty of people were criticizing it in the game thread.

Honestly, I cringe when a lot of QB's run sneaks. No way do I enjoy seeing QB's lay themselves out for defenders to come at them from all angles. I mean sometimes its necessary to do that based on game situation and a good play when you just need that little bit and the defense might not be fully prepared or selling out fully on it. But why have your starting QB get beatup if you've got a backup who has lots of game experience and a body more suited to it anyway?
exactly!

i didn't get into the game thread today while the game was on.

didn't want my head taken out of the game (and i can't handle a lot of folks hot takes during a game, lol).

Think about how open a WR would be if and when Brissett fakes the sneak, takes a couple steps back and throws it.
Team did it in 2001 with Ray Lucas - and I'm talking about the Ray Lucas before he single-handedly derailed the 2002 season.

That was with Jay Fielder at QB too - a guy whose biggest asset may have been physical, energetic play. And even he gave up the field in short yardage for Lucas.

exactly!

i didn't get into the game thread today while the game was on.

didn't want my head taken out of the game (and i can't handle a lot of folks hot takes during a game, lol).
Almost every Dolphins game I watch by myself so participating in the game thread is practically the only way I can share the game experience with others.

Almost every Dolphins game I watch by myself so participating in the game thread is practically the only way I can share the game experience with others.
i usually have friends over, but even if i'm alone, i only venture in during halftime and try to catch up.

it's a no-go for me as the game is happening.

i usually have friends over, but even if i'm alone, i only venture in during halftime and try to catch up.

it's a no-go for me as the game is happening.
Unfortunately all my good friends aren't football fans, and my family members who like football are either out of area or dead. So it's me and my wife, and my wife could care less.

Back
Top Bottom