Brock Berlin effecting our draft direction? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Berlin effecting our draft direction?

Silverphin

Chairman of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee
Reaction score
:alert: Disclaimer: This is not a thread to bash or support Brock Berlin.:alert:

Okay, that's out of the way.

As you all know, Brock Berlin was re-signed by the Dolphins and allocated to the NFL Europe League. Now, let's play the "if" game, shall we?

If Brock Berlin starts lighting it up in Europe, would that what Saban/Mueller will do with that 1st Rd Draft pick?

Saban and Mueller probably won't even consider how Berlin does anyways. If they see a QB that they must have, they'll find some way to get that QB.

Brock Berlin would be lucky to be considered for a third string QB job...

Berlin will have no effect on what Saban and Mueller does. Honestly, I don't think Saban is planning on drafting a QB in the first round anyway. I think Saban goes with another position of need that is closer to a sure thing: either an offensive tackle or CB. Just my opinion.

Jaj said:
Brock Berlin would be lucky to be considered for a third string QB job...

Exactly, You don't honestly think he's starting NFL material do you? Does anyone?

If anyone starts Berlin over Rosenfels even they might as well be fired.

SpeedRush99 said:
Exactly, You don't honestly think he's starting NFL material do you? Does anyone?

I'm neutral on Berlin. But what ever Saban and Mueller decides, I support 100%.

I think Berlin can be a good backup once he gains some experience. I'd like to see him stay with us, although I'd never expect him to start.

SCall13 said:
Berlin will have no effect on what Saban and Mueller does. Honestly, I don't think Saban is planning on drafting a QB in the first round anyway. I think Saban goes with another position of need that is closer to a sure thing: either an offensive tackle or CB. Just my opinion.

i agree...after the top two i dont think there is a significant drop off in talent after cutler so we just might pick one up in the later rounds

i see potential in berlin.im glad he is still with us but i really dont know what saban will do with him.it would be nice to see him as a third stringer

Saban will keep an eye on Berlin. He didn't have enough opportunities in the pre-season to prove himself. So now he gets to go to NFL Europe, and get more opportunities. My guess is that they will watch his progress. If he continues to get better, he will eventually get a shot at filling a role at QB for Miami. But I doubt that will be next season.

Best case scenario: Berlin does well in Europe and replaces Lemon as the third string QB. Lemon hasn't proven anything. Berlin has as much of a chance to be at 3rd string as Lemon.

imo the real reason saban wants to send berlin to europe is for the roster exemption that will allow us to keep 4 qbs on the roster in preseason a couple weeks longer. that sabans a smart feller.

I'd rather stick with Berlin and let him get the experience he needs, than waste a 2006 mid-round pick on an unknown like Vick or Jacobs....

Berlin looked great in pre-season play, and I'm glad he's still with us. It would be foolish not to keep an eye on him in NFL Europe. I hated Berlin in college, but he looked very sharp running our our offense as a rookie, so I changed my opinion of him....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom