Brock Berlin effecting our draft direction? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Berlin effecting our draft direction?

SCall13 said:
Berlin will have no effect on what Saban and Mueller does. Honestly, I don't think Saban is planning on drafting a QB in the first round anyway. I think Saban goes with another position of need that is closer to a sure thing: either an offensive tackle or CB. Just my opinion.

That's my reasoning as well. He's made a number of moves to evaluate young and veteran QB's from multiple avenues, which mean's he's being very cautious about the position and probably won't use a 1st round pick to choose a QB in the draft unless he shows immense talent like Young or Leinart.

I think Saban said last summer that he really liked Berlin, but BErlin wasn't ready yet and couldn't beat out Sage. Having watched Berlin's whole career (as most of you have down here), what I've noticed is that he's a slow learner but can be very good.

I think he lost out at Florida because it takes him a long time to get comfortable in a system while Grossman was lighting it up from day 1. At UM, Berlin was awful at first but by his senior year he had settled down and was playing VERY good football (too bad by that point his defense was losing games for him). I would imagine a similar progression in the NFL.

You can all hate on Berlin but, while I don't think he is anywhere near ready to be a starting QB, he will develop through experience and in 3-4 years could turn into a pretty good QB. Even at that point though, I think he would need to be inthe same system on the same team for a couple years.

One positive he has going for him is he's already today one of the best QB's in the NFL at running a hurry up shotgun offense. I'm serious. Berlin playing hurry up out of the shotgun is right up there with some of the best ever. Too bad Berlin under center makes AJ Feeley look like a world beater.

Brock Berlin seems like he will be the next Sage Rosenfels he will be on a team for like 4 or 5 years just waiting for his chacne to prove himself.

Back
Top Bottom