brock berlin underrated if you ask me | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

brock berlin underrated if you ask me

Gadsden86 said:
i think he will be lucky to make the team see qb's such as
Lon Sherrif
Josh Blakenship
Zak Kustok
Josh Heupel need i go on?

Whats wrong with Josh Heupel!!

lol jk I liked him at OU, not NFL calibur I guess

To stay on topic I beelive taht there may be a few diamonds in the ruff but saying that that will be Berlin is wierd imo.

Look, I'll give Brock all the credit for extending our winning streaks against UF and FSU. He had to produce that final 4th quarter drive vs. FSU last season and did. The 2003 Florida comeback was a pure miracle and again he came through in the final possession.

I attended both of those games and was cursing Brock until the final score was posted. He has a decent arm but plays smaller than his size. He bird dogs the primary receiver even worse than Feeley. When pressured his one move is a choppy slow wander straight to his right. Last year he improved significantly but he still defaults to the underneath stuff way too much, which is suicide in the NFL. That nearly got Roscoe Parrish killed at FSU in 2003, when Brock threw his 721st underneath crossing route of the game. Last year when we played Va Tech the -7 was a joke. Va Tech always outprepares UM. Sure enough, they took away the cheap deep stuff and Brock had no clue. Just find a tape of either Va Tech game from '03 or '04 if you think he's an NFL caliber QB.

No amount of Cajun prayer is going to help him make our roster.

GreenMonster said:
Flutie is the exception...

2004 NFL Passing Leaders

Dante Culpepper 4717 yards (6'4)
Trent Green 4591 (6'3)
Manning 4557 (6'5)
Plummer 4089 (6'2)
Farve 4088 (6'2)
Bulger 3964 (6'3)
Delhomme 3886 (6'2)
McNabb 3875 (6'2)
Brooks 3810 (6'4)
Brady 3692 (6'4)

Height isn't everything but it certainly helps.

Next 5

Testaverde (6'5)
Carr (6'3)
Collins (6'5)
Hassleback (6'4)
Brees (6'1)

I don't know about the rest of the QB's but I can tell you that Jake Plummer is definitely not 6' 2. I went to college with him at ASU and have seen him numerous times on campus. Then again maybe Berlin is not 6'1. His height is not the issue, its his ability to read defenses, make the right throw and throw from the pro formation in general. I have a better chance of making the team than he does. Oh yeah, I am a Canes fan too, and I still think he is an average QB. Other than the guy who started before Dorsey (what was his name?) he is the worst QB the Canes have had since the 70's.

Brock Berlin is a disgrace...miami had a good team this year and his poor play cost them a couple games...If you watched the games if ken dorsey was there they would of probobly went undefeated and went to the national title game against usc and probobly beat them

Buddwalk said:
Brock Berlin is a disgrace...miami had a good team this year and his poor play cost them a couple games...If you watched the games if ken dorsey was there they would of probobly went undefeated and went to the national title game against usc and probobly beat them

brock had his struggles, but this past year's cane team was not on par with their great teams. they had issues at a multitude of positions. they were inconsistent in the running game, brock couldn't read defenses, the wide outs had stone hands, and , perhaps the biggest problem was that the defensive line got pushed around at times. this was the first year in forever that i remember randy shannon having to call blitzes to compensate for the lack of pressure the d-line put on the qb and stoutness vs the run. miami has been able to get away with a cover 2 shell b/c of the studs they had on the line, but this past year, that wasn't the case. merely average rbs imo like meriweather of clemson, scott of unc, and humes of va tech ran all over miami's d. their back seven was of 'u' caliber, but that team had waaaay too many issues to win the nat'l title.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
this guy showed alot of toughness leadership skills and he is a very accurate passer i know cause im a huge canes fan as well.he has all the tools and saban loves this guy he tried to recruit him when he coached at lsu but he chose the gators instead then he went to the great um. :D

:goof: :grouplaug :roflmao:

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
this guy showed alot of toughness leadership skills and he is a very accurate passer i know cause im a huge canes fan as well.he has all the tools and saban loves this guy he tried to recruit him when he coached at lsu but he chose the gators instead then he went to the great um. :D

Says it all right there. He does NOT have all the tools.

Buddwalk said:

Even more funny than the original post :lol:

I don't care about what he did or didn't do in college, in mini camp he looked horrible, heres the things that I saw from 10-30 yards away

1. holds on to the ball WAY to long
2. had a tough time managing his position in the pocket
3. did not have good touch on the ball

All in all he looked crappy out there. Not to forget that they didn't even have pads on at that point. I'd be shocked if he made the practice squad. NFLE here he comes

Blockhead Berlin could manage the college game and improved drastically the last season, making big plays when he needed to... But to say he's accurate is just wrong. I've never seen so many underthrown and overthrown passes in my life.
Before you call me a hater, let me clear up that I'm a Hurricanes fan and have been since I was ten years old. I'd like to see Berlin be a successful QB (especially if it's with the Dolphins) but I just don't see it happening.

Berlin only has a few flaws we should overlook.Just because he is short,has a weak arm
and is not too bright it doesnt mean he cant play but I am afraid he wont be able to play in the NFL.

Brock Berlin is no QB of the future. He has shown no skills that are asked of an NFL QB and his composure in the pocket is dismal.

Back
Top Bottom