Brock Bowers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Bowers

phinfann13

Active Roster
Reaction score
Now that we are picking a little earlier in the 1st round than most of us hoped and expected, I think we should try to trade up for Brock Bowers. What would it take to move up for him? A dynamic threat like him at the TE position could take this offense to another level. Any thoughts?

Let’s say it’s pick 15 and he’s still there. We would only need to move up 6 spots. I know we don’t have much this year, but we have future picks we could give.
Hell no. I would never give up draft picks to move up for a TE in the first round. The team is short handed as it is with draft picks and cap space. If anything, they should be looking to trade down to acquire more draft picks.

Hell no. I would never give up draft picks to move up for a TE in the first round. The team is short handed as it is with draft picks and cap space. If anything, they should be looking to trade down to acquire more draft picks.
You wouldn't trade up for Travis Kelce if you knew what he would become? I'm not saying he will or won't be that good, but the potential is there. I'm not a draft guy so I'm just curious on peoples opinions, not suggesting we do one way or the other.

You wouldn't trade up for Travis Kelce if you knew what he would become? I'm not saying he will or won't be that good, but the potential is there. I'm not a draft guy so I'm just curious on peoples opinions, not suggesting we do one way or the other.
The point is, you never know what you are going to get in the draft. That’s like asking me, wouldn’t you want to trade up for Dion Jordan if you knew he was going to be the next Bruce Smith. If I was in charge of drafting, I would very rarely move up in the first round unless it was for a QB because no other position can effect a game and the fortunes of your franchise like a QB can. TE isn’t even a premium position to be targeting in the first round in the first place let alone a position you give up assets to move up for.

The point is, you never know what you are going to get in the draft. That’s like asking me, wouldn’t you want to trade up for Dion Jordan if you knew he was going to be the next Bruce Smith. If I was in charge of drafting, I would very rarely move up in the first round unless it was for a QB because no other position can effect a game and the fortunes of your franchise like a QB can. TE isn’t even a premium position to be targeting in the first round in the first place let alone a position you give up assets to move up for.
That's fair. My thought is having a TE like that would take our offense to a new level, but I understand completely what you're saying. Tight Ends typically need a little more time in the NFL to get going as well, so he may not be able to help too much in year 1.

That's fair. My thought is having a TE like that would take our offense to a new level, but I understand completely what you're saying. Tight Ends typically need a little more time in the NFL to get going as well, so he may not be able to help too much in year 1.
Not only that, almost all the difference making TEs have been drafted after the first round. Many of them, much later than that.

If he gets into striking Range absolutely. Hes likely gonna be the number 1 player on my board for the dolphins. Ultimately I think it will be very unlikely to have a shot at him. Jaheim Bell is someone I like late in the draft who offers some similar versatility and athleticism. Bell is likely a 3-5 round guy so obviously I'm not saying he's as good as bowers but I think he falls somewhere in between Bowers and Elijah Higgins who we took last year and had a solid season for cardinals (14/193/1TD)

I would love to see Miami get him but can we stop with any post where we trade up, Grier?

The price to move from #21 to the 7-10 area would be the Fins 1st and 2nd this year and at least a 3rd next year.

The Fins can't afford a move like that.

The price to move from #21 to the 7-10 area would be the Fins 1st and 2nd this year and at least a 3rd next year.

The Fins can't afford a move like that.
100% agree with this. However this years draft is deep at OL, QB, and WR. That's rare, so you combine that with the top defenders and there is a chance he could slide because TE isn't a super high value position and he is a bit of a player I think you need to fit into a scheme. With that being said if he slides into teens there is a shot

100% agree with this. However this years draft is deep at OL, QB, and WR. That's rare, so you combine that with the top defenders and there is a chance he could slide because TE isn't a super high value position and he is a bit of a player I think you need to fit into a scheme. With that being said if he slides into teens there is a shot
I've seen him mocked a lot to Cincinnati, only a few picks before Miami. So, maybe it's a slight possibility with a small trade up?

That said, I think he goes well before Cincinnati.

Back
Top Bottom