Brock Bowers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Bowers

I’d move up for him. What are missing out on by giving up 2nd and 3rd round picks? The next Channing Tindall or Cam Smith? With Grier drafting you should just try and get one sure fire star and understand that all the other guys are there every year. We can draft the next Liam Eichenberg any season.

I’d move up for him. What are missing out on by giving up 2nd and 3rd round picks? The next Channing Tindall or Cam Smith? With Grier drafting you should just try and get one sure fire star and understand that all the other guys are there every year. We can draft the next Liam Eichenberg any season.
What if that 2nd round pick is Jevon Holland and Xavien Howard?

What if the 3rd rounder is Devon Achane?

I've seen him mocked a lot to Cincinnati, only a few picks before Miami. So, maybe it's a slight possibility with a small trade up?

That said, I think he goes well before Cincinnati.

Saints at 14 and Seattle at 16 are in good spots for us to potentially trade up to.

New Orleans is in a horrible spot, long term. They need to rebuild but can’t really afford to. They kicked the cap charges down the road (some morons in the general forum think the cap is a “myth”), and they’re dealing with the bad Carr deal. If they have no shot at QB they should looking at 2025 assets. I’d have no problem putting our 2025 2nd + more on the table to get Bowers.

Seattle, like NO, needs that long term QB but at 16 might struggle to find him.

Saints at 14 and Seattle at 16 are in good spots for us to potentially trade up to.

New Orleans is in a horrible spot, long term. They need to rebuild but can’t really afford to. They kicked the cap charges down the road (some morons in the general forum think the cap is a “myth”), and they’re dealing with the bad Carr deal. If they have no shot at QB they should looking at 2025 assets. I’d have no problem putting our 2025 2nd + more on the table to get Bowers.

I would do that in a heartbeat. I think Bowers is a move the needle type and tight end is a big need for Miami.

What do you all think it would take to move up? We dont have much this year. Would have to throw in picks next year?

What do you all think it would take to move up? We dont have much this year. Would have to throw in picks next year?

A second next year for sure as a starter offer and then we negotiate. After that it gets tricky though. Like us, they don’t have a 3rd or 4th so we probably aren’t their ideal trade partner as they need quantity this year.

Maybe if we can clear enough cap space, might be worth it for us to explore taking on some of their dead weight (cap wise), especially if it’s for a player that can potentially help us. Cam Jordan comes to mind, he could fill a hole on that DL. He didn’t have his best year for sure but at 6.3M, it’s a start for a team 82M over next years “mythical” cap”.

As an aside, just looking at thei cap situation, Cesar Ruiz has a non guaranteed $9M salary.

I agree. Didnt realize they dont have 3rd or 4th same as us Ghost. Makes it tough since we could use those at this point.

He will be gone long before we pick

Keep Dreaming Episode 1 GIF by UFC

The talk about Bowers is regarding whether it would make sense to try to trade up for him.

If the Fins had the ammo I would be in favor but Miami can't afford to spend that kind of Draft capital on a TE no matter how good.

Both LOS need attention and the Fins need more cheap young players not less.

I would love to have him but it just wouldn't be prudent.

rawImage.jpg

Bowers will go in the top 12. We shouldn't spend what it will take to move up.

Bowers has looked phenomenal the last 2+ years, but at least at his listed 230 lbs will be one of the smallest TE's in the NFL. Maybe if we spread rumors that he's too small to block well - he'll fall to us at 21. 😂

Bowers will go in the top 12. We shouldn't spend what it will take to move up.

Bowers has looked phenomenal the last 2+ years, but at least at his listed 230 lbs will be one of the smallest TE's in the NFL. Maybe if we spread rumors that he's too small to block well - he'll fall to us at 21. 😂
Or we just need a video of him in a gas mask.

Brugler had Bowers going #5 overall - Williams, Maye, Harrison Jr, Nabers, Bowers. Outside of them, only Daniels, Alt, and Turner are worth considering in that range.

The thing about Bowers is that he wins everywhere. Best RAC ability of any recent TE, best route running in the short and mid game, and he's second to only Pitts as a deep threat.

**** happens, but it'd be crazy to see him fall outside the Top 10.

Back
Top Bottom