Brock Marion and Terrell Buckley | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Marion and Terrell Buckley

godfater21 said:
Tell me how Kevin Carter or Vonnie Holiday helped us get younger?

You need to get good experienced players to help the younger guys. plus even if you are rebuilding you still want to be competative. both these guys could help us in those areas. i doubt we bring either of them in. but i would like it if they both came back.

Carter and Holiday can still play, Marion can't run anymore. You put him on the field and he will get burned over and over. Marion was good, but his days are done. Marion will not make us competative, he will make us give up deep passes.

godfater21 said:
Tell me how Kevin Carter or Vonnie Holiday helped us get younger?

You need to get good experienced players to help the younger guys. plus even if you are rebuilding you still want to be competative. both these guys could help us in those areas. i doubt we bring either of them in. but i would like it if they both came back.
We are getting younger, DonShula84 was spot on.

Carter, Holliday and Tebucky Jones all help because they are the prototypical players for Saban's D. He wants to implement a system with guys that can play and do what he wants.

Carter and Holliday are big guys who can play 4-3 DT/DE and 3-4 DE. Jones is the big, hard hitting, fast SS that Saban wants.

Gitrdone said:
Carter and Holiday can still play, Marion can't run anymore. You put him on the field and he will get burned over and over. Marion was good, but his days are done. Marion will not make us competative, he will make us give up deep passes.

Detroit Lions168866.022034314.32405
G T TAk AST S INT Y AVE long TD Def

Those where Brock Marions stats for last year. pretty respectable for a saftey. compared to his previous years doesn't look like he has lost anything to me.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3876

finsnchips said:
We are getting younger, DonShula84 was spot on.

Carter, Holliday and Tebucky Jones all help because they are the prototypical players for Saban's D. He wants to implement a system with guys that can play and do what he wants.

Carter and Holliday are big guys who can play 4-3 DT/DE and 3-4 DE. Jones is the big, hard hitting, fast SS that Saban wants.

I know the plan is to get younger. but Carter and Holliday do not help us do that. they are here to help us be competative and to teach the younger players. witch is what both Marion and buckley could help us with also.

godfater21 said:

Detroit Lions168866.022034314.32405
G T TAk AST S INT Y AVE long TD Def

Those where Brock Marions stats for last year. pretty respectable for a saftey. compared to his previous years doesn't look like he has lost anything to me.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/3876

He had 3 picks with Miami the year before that, but he can't run so he still gets beat deep A LOT. How many of those picks came off tipped passes? Or just a bad throw by the QB? I doubt he made all 3 by blanketing someone. He can't run anymore, I watched him get smoked in Miami. Detroit let him go for the same reason.

godfater21 said:
I know the plan is to get younger. but Carter and Holliday do not help us do that. they are here to help us be competative and to teach the younger players. witch is what both Marion and buckley could help us with also.
Sam can teach the CBs. Both Poole and Daniels are very well educated in the sense that they went to big schools, and Daniels has been taught by Saban. Therefore, IMO, Buckley is not needed. As previously mentioned, he would be our 6th CB.

We have a need at S, but Marion, IMO, does not satisfy it. I believe we did not sign Sammy Knight because he was too slow, Marion is slower. I think we'll get by with what we have at FS.

finsnchips said:
Sam can teach the CBs. Both Poole and Daniels are very well educated in the sense that they went to big schools, and Daniels has been taught by Saban. Therefore, IMO, Buckley is not needed. As previously mentioned, he would be our 6th CB.

Buckley is a better CB than Mario Edwards is. Daniels IMO is a few years away from being productive. Madison is denfinetly a starter. Poole could step up and start opposite Madison. Howard is a nickle corner. so i see Buckley more as a 3rd CB maybe even starting depending on how Poole does.

Terrel Buckley and Marion both should be welcomed back

Agent51 said:
Let's bring em back to at least compete for a spot, anyone know what their prices are, if we could afford em?

T-Buck has done a very good job as a situational defensive back over the last several years no matter where he has gone or what system he has played in. He would be an excellent nickel-back for us. All the guy does is make plays. You need playmakers on your defensive team.

Marion would be just as good or better than anyone we currently have. I'm sure they would welcome the idea of playing for the Dolphins and coming back to South Florida.

godfater21 said:
Buckley is a better CB than Mario Edwards is. Daniels IMO is a few years away from being productive. Madison is denfinetly a starter. Poole could step up and start opposite Madison. Howard is a nickle corner. so i see Buckley more as a 3rd CB maybe even starting depending on how Poole does.
we shall see.

I agree that Sam is the #1 CB.

But, Howard is definitely not a nickel CB. That is why he struggled last year. He is a starting CB.

Poole and Daniels will be fine. Buckley may be better than Edwards but Edwards has the size that Saban loves in CBs.

Back
Top Bottom