Brock Osweiler?! Wait..What??!! (has agreed to terms with fins) | Page 33 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Osweiler?! Wait..What??!! (has agreed to terms with fins)

There are alot of assumptions being made in this thread... So Im going to make some myself...

Osweiler clearly hasnt been signed for talent reasons, but there are still a few pros to what he brings.
  • He's dirt cheap and can be cut at any time.
  • He knows the offense and from all accounts, he's a good locker room guy.
What if the expectation of this signing is simply bringing in a guy as a favor with no garentees, in exchange of another Vet presence who know the system, and is willing to tutor younger guys, in the QB room. This especially makes sense if they are planning to draft a QB with the hope of making the rookie Ryan Tannehill's backup. Further more, if they decide to throw alot of **** at the wall this offseason, when it comes to QBs (Maybe they sign another FA, draft a guy and sign an undrafted FA) ...

It would be kind of a good thing to have someone other then the starting QB, who hasnt thrown a pass in a year and a half, babysit the QB room if they expect to have alot of unexperienced players filling it...

It seems far fetched, but no more than assuming they actually signed Osweiler as the surefire 2018 backup QB...

Last edited:
He's worse for the culture than Jay Cutler. Houston executed an NBA style salary dump and sent a pick because this guy's energy and skill set is so bad

He's worse for the culture than Jay Cutler. Houston executed an NBA style salary dump and sent a pick because this guy's energy and skill set is so bad
Any link of him being a bad teamate? I've I havent heard any of this... If its the case then... I just dont know what to say...

If Tannehill re-re-injures his knee you won't have a portion of the team pining for the back-up. Personally, I think all these moves are a middle finger to Omar and his disciples.

Any link of him being a bad teamate? I've I havent heard any of this... If its the case then... I just dont know what to say...

not necessarily a bad teammate but more like his teammates don't really care for him that much. now, there are some reports of him being a great leader but that was only shortly after signing with houston and not actually having played a game yet

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-as-he-screams-his-lungs-out-on-the-sideline/
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...ade-brock-osweiler/1k970f9p844g51anshn52zspr8
https://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/houston-texans-need-to-pull-plug-on-brock-osweiler.html/?a=viewall

I understand wanting to get someone cheap, and someone who knows the offense....but Brock Osweiler? Fales and Doughty are cheap and know the offense, and David Fales played better than Osweiler ever has. I watched Osweiler play for the Texans a few times. He looked completley unprepared and didnt play with any enthusiasm whatsoever. And the interceptions were some of the worst I've ever seen. I dont like this signing.

Hey this guy led Peyton Manning to a Superbowl.

I keep coming back to the reality that he couldn't even make the worst team in football in the context of Hue being a good QB coach and the fact that they were already on the hook for some big bucks.

Has the numbers come out yet? How do we know he is dirt cheap?

Man some of these posts are just embarrassing!!! I swear some people just make **** up to fit their agenda and talking points..... Kinda reminds me of........

In all fairness Brock, played well under Gase. He’s still young and knows the system. The signing does make sense on many levels, But, I’m with everyone else, who is skeptical of the signing. He hasn’t played very well, since leaving Denver. Perhaps Gase will work his magic once again?

I'm sorry but I'm not buying that narrative. That's what everyone and their mom said when we signed Cutler, I didn't buy it then either.

If Osweiller has to take a snap this season, there better damn well be a high end rookie that went down, in addition to Ryan Tannehill.

And even then, I would rather call up Fales or Doughty.

If this signing in any way discourages them from insuring and developing a serious option behind Ryan Tannehill, then none of them deserve a job in 2019. It is unacceptable. Osweiller is terrible and Gase has burned enough bridges with bringing in Cutler for 10 million last year. He shouldn’t get this pass to bring in this terrible QB.

The Cleveland Browns didn’t want him.

He made Deandre Hopkins look pedestrian when guys named Savage and Yates made him look like a star.

Your QB literally derailed your last two seasons . . . If you decided to pass on a competent veteran, which they have . . . You absolutely have to take a QB early . . . Maybe they will, I wouldn’t bet the farm on it tho . . . .which is the problem.
Please tell me you're not talking about Matt Moore

Back
Top Bottom