Brock Osweiler?! Wait..What??!! (has agreed to terms with fins) | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Osweiler?! Wait..What??!! (has agreed to terms with fins)

Im not arguing against the Brock signing, only bc it’s very cheap and imo he’s likely to not make the cut anyways

If people expect Brock to all the sudden be a more talneted qb than he has been his whole career I think they are gonna be dissapoinyed

It is a plus he was in the system for two seasons, but I’m not giving merit to his garbage time stats

Scheme has nothing to do w/ the inability to consistently hit wide open receivers. Pop in any given tape of Brock in Cleveland last year , or really any year of his career for that matter

I think people we’re just getting a little too optimistic thinking gase was the one who made Brock “good” in 2015, gase wasn’t even there

Those broncos and Texans defenses were absolutely stacked

Oh trust me I'm NOT defending Osweiller nor am I excited by the prospect of him ever having to play for us. In fact I suspect if we draft a QB high then BO may get beat out by Fales. Totally agree on the 2015 thing. That was Shanahan's/Kubiaks/s offense and a great D. Living in Houston I heard the same things from people that he was going to be the man here and that lasted for a very, very short time. The Texans had a really good D but they had garbage on offense whereas at least in Denver they were loaded on both sides of the ball and had good coaching.

Main point was that we paid Moore a lot uhh more and he was no better at QB despite some people thinking he'd be better than Tannehill. Moore was sometimes awesome, sometimes awful, mostly mediocre. I suspect Osweiller will be much more stable at being mediocre with less highs and lows.

Oh trust me I'm NOT defending Osweiller nor am I excited by the prospect of him ever having to play for us. In fact I suspect if we draft a QB high then BO may get beat out by Fales. Totally agree on the 2015 thing. That was Shanahan's/Kubiaks/s offense and a great D. Living in Houston I heard the same things from people that he was going to be the man here and that lasted for a very, very short time. The Texans had a really good D but they had garbage on offense whereas at least in Denver they were loaded on both sides of the ball and had good coaching.

Main point was that we paid Moore a lot uhh more and he was no better at QB despite some people thinking he'd be better than Tannehill. Moore was sometimes awesome, sometimes awful, mostly mediocre. I suspect Osweiller will be much more stable at being mediocre with less highs and lows.

Yup and I think that’s the the problem in itself. We need an upside back up qb which is why I’m 100% on board for mayfield even if it takes trading up

I can’t handle another backup season of fales/Osweiler if tanny goes down

Not a terrible deal at all...definitely not worth the amount of pants-****ting that followed said signing.
I could care less about the contract. I am more terrified that we might actually have to see him play a regular season game. I know that's a low risk but that is what terrified me. I can't handle another season of Cutler level play.

Completely accurate. However, this is his 3rd year in Gase’s offense and thus far he’s never thrown an INT in that system* plus he’s a Dolphins fan along with his dad and brother.i believe he’s also the tallest QB in Miami Dolphins history at 6’7.

14-13 record as a starter and never played against Miami. 1-1 in playoffs with each decided by multiple TD’s. Makes $800k. 4 fourth-quarter comebacks and 4 game winning drives. Salary??

Matt Moore has a 15-16 career record. Only playoff game he literally got smacked around and knocked out in a blowout loss to the Steelers. 5 fourth-quarter comebacks and 7 game winning drives. Cost 1.7 million last year.

15/26 1TD 0INT’s rating around 90.

This is something worth while to think about!

I could care less about the contract. I am more terrified that we might actually have to see him play a regular season game. I know that's a low risk but that is what terrified me. I can't handle another season of Cutler level play.

If Tannehill goes down, we're probably screwed, no matter who the backup is.

So basically Practice Squad QB.

Sheeesh, what a screw up by previous teams that the Fins PS QB once got a $72 million dollar contract. LOLzzzzzzzzzzz

Those teams Front Offices make our Front Office look like geniuses.
Apparently our FO isn't nearly as bad as some posters portray them to be.

1 year, 880k deal with 720k guaranteed

Minimal loss if we cut him. Henne and Stanton went for 4 mil guaranteed.

So now we can look to the draft to find a backup. Good thing there was an uproar.
What a fall from his Houston contract. Amazing thou that even complete **** can still make almost a mil. What a just and fair world lol

Yup and I think that’s the the problem in itself. We need an upside back up qb which is why I’m 100% on board for mayfield even if it takes trading up

I can’t handle another backup season of fales/Osweiler if tanny goes down

I don't think that I would move up for Mayfield. We have so many needs that I'm willing to sacrifice a season if Tanny were to go down but only if we actually compete game in and game out an show signs of improvement. I have a feeling that we will in fact move up for Mayfield because this kind of feels like the Jets with Sanchez.

One thing with Osweiller is that with him and his family being Phins fans if he were to stink he'd have to hear about it every day from his family, which may drive him to work harder just to avoid that.

God willing though Tanny is healthy, has an awesome season, we draft an absolute stud in the 1st round and go into next season feeling great about our team. Otherwise there are some potential studs coming through UGA, Clemson, Auburn, etc. in the next year or two.

Duper also says it’s “frustrating” to watch this team, though he noted that he likes the coaching staff. He said this past off-season ”there’s always something wrong” with quarterback Ryan Tannehill.

So is it time to move on from him?

“I’m not sure yet, but I would definitely be looking,” Duper said.

Mark Duper could look at the situation and tell RT was not going to make a full season last spring but yet those "paid" to get the right people in just such an emergency go out and get Brock O'well'er.

They should all be fired...Im talking today and right away.

Back
Top Bottom