Brock Osweiler?! Wait..What??!! (has agreed to terms with fins) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brock Osweiler?! Wait..What??!! (has agreed to terms with fins)

Better option than Fales. If you could wait to see how the draft plays out I would consider Oswieler on the right deal. I would have preferred Mike Glennon, so I would say the deal would need to be similar or less than what Glennon signed for. If the plan is to draft a qb in the first, than he's likely your backup if Tannehill goes down and there's not need to add a Oswieler.

What does Greer actually do?

Bring t-bum his coffee?

How does that clown still have a job in the NFL?

His primary job is assessing college talent and running the draft.

And he is very good at his job.

As GM he has input on pro personnel as well, but college scouting/draft is his wheelhouse.

That being said, I'd be surprised if we didn't speak with every free agent veteran QB out there. It's due diligence.

Doesn't mean he's getting a contract. Relax.

Brock Osweiler - Hamlet Act 5, Scene 1 - Gravedigger scene - Davie FL - 2018
"Alas poor Yorick! I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent ......"

I've said it before and I say it again, one of Coach Gase's natural tendencies is automatically going back to players and coaches in his past. Whether it's Jay Cutler or Jermon Bushrod or Julius Thomas or Ted Larsen or Senorise Perry and in coaching with Dowell Loggains or Jeremiah Washburn or Eric Studesville or Shane Day or Bo Hardegree or Joe Vitt, father-in-law, as his defensive consultant, etc.... The trend is obvious and I can't see too many successes. If there is someone he knows from the past, you ring the bell for the Pavlovian dog and Adam Gase salivates and wags his tail.
I get that Tannenbaum is backing Gase 100% but at what point is the question asked whether we can do better than somebody from his past?

Last edited:
For the back up I'm all in. Playoff experience albeit just 1. I'd be happy with him.

All the people complaining thinking he’d be coming here for the starting spot SMDH... I’d take him as a vet backup and not look back.

Sign him for dirt and I mean dirt cheap, and I'll be fine with it.

If Tannehill gets hurt and we don't draft a QB, Brock is a great tank commander.

Exactly. If Tannehill gets hurt again it's tanking season. I don't want to have another meaningless 6-8 win season where we suck and get stuck outside of the top 10 in the draft.

Brock Osweiler - Hamlet Act 5 Scene 1 - Gravedigger scene - Davie FL 2018
"Alas poor Yorick! I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent ......"

I've said it before and I say it again, one of Coach Gase's natural tendencies is automatically going back to players and coaches in his past. Whether it's Jay Cutler or Jermon Bushrod or Julius Thomas or Ted Larsen or Senorise Perry and in coaching with Dowell Loggains or Jeremiah Washburn or Eric Studesville or Shane Day or Bo Hardegree or Joe Vitt, father-in-law, as his defensive consultant, etc.... The trend is obvious and I can't see too many successes. If there is someone he knows from the past, you ring the bell for the Pavlovian dog and Adam Gase salivates and wags his tail.
I get that Tannenbaum is backing Gase 100% but at what point is the question asked whether we can do better than somebody from his past?

This isn't a Gase thing, though, lots of coaches do it.

Do y'all forget that Gase brought in Cutler over Moore? Moore doesn't want to come back. We'd rather have him but it's not in the cards..

I don’t mean to just sound w/ the popular opinion that “Brock sucks” but for real if you go watch tape from him in Cleveland the dude seriously can’t hit an open receiver

I don’t wanna sound like I’m exaggerating but he is really really bad. Just look for yourself

Go give yourself a refresher on what Brock can do

Back
Top Bottom