Bronco Fans spouting untruths about Finheaven? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bronco Fans spouting untruths about Finheaven?

SkapePhin said:
Has finheaven ever banned an opposing fan for talking football and merely pointing out that the Dolphins arent good?
More then once from what I have seen.

inFINSible said:
.........and the site continues to grow and grow while other sites that are more tolerant of obnoxious behavior come and go.

I'll take your word for it about the site growing.....but as for the quality of some of the threads lately seem less informative and more suggestive.

I completely agree that obnoxious behavior, trolling, or being antagonistic all the time is unexceptable and should be banned. I was referrring to times when someone gets the stick for infringing on the rules.

For instance, I was banned the other day because I used an emoticon on a thread and my "quote" did not appear w/it and I did not catch the error. So, I was instantly banned for a complete misunderstanding. I think who ever did it could have @ least looked up some of my prior posts and realized I don't troll threads.

Maybe it's because I'm a Bills fan so he/she immediately felt I needed the stick, while it appears that Miami posters have much more leinency.....I'm not sure.

so-long-Ricky said:
I'll take your word for it about the site growing.....but as for the quality of some of the threads lately seem less informative and more suggestive.

I completely agree that obnoxious behavior, trolling, or being antagonistic all the time is unexceptable and should be banned. I was referrring to times when someone gets the stick for infringing on the rules.

For instance, I was banned the other day because I used an emoticon on a thread and my "quote" did not appear w/it and I did not catch the error. So, I was instantly banned for a complete misunderstanding. I think who ever did it could have @ least looked up some of my prior posts and realized I don't troll threads.

Maybe it's because I'm a Bills fan so he/she immediately felt I needed the stick, while it appears that Miami posters have much more leinency.....I'm not sure.

and what is wrong with that, if the site were yours you wouldn't be more tolerant of your own base? I do not know if this is really true, i watched several guys get it in the same thread the other day and they were all Dolphans and VIP's too. No mercy there. Personnally I am lucky they have been tolerant of me. I have been a genuine <burro> more than once.

Atila said:
there is tons of homers on this board and delirious people for sure...you dont to be a rocket scientist to see that

every single board is full of homers, we're no different.

HysterikiLL said:
I hope that wasn't a FH'er who just brandished their thread with nonsense and immaturity. You don't beat idiots with idiocism. You beat idiots with silence.
You don't beat them with either of those, it takes a bat.:evil:

SkapePhin said:
Has finheaven ever banned an opposing fan for talking football and merely pointing out that the Dolphins arent good?

Of course. It makes absolutely no sense at all. So it must be true. Everybody's innocent. We ban people just because we're mean and hate our lives and are jealous of the people we ban.

so-long-Ricky said:
For instance, I was banned the other day because I used an emoticon on a thread and my "quote" did not appear w/it and I did not catch the error. So, I was instantly banned for a complete misunderstanding.

Give me a link to that and I'll check it out. As with anything else in life, the possibility exists that someone made a mistake. But let me assure you, the odds are MUCH more likely that the moderator's action was well-reasoned and appropriate in the context of the post in question, your recent posts in general and the established rules of this site.

I don't recognize the situation you're describing even though it's possible I handled it myself. But since you're raising it as an issue (which is perfectly welcome), let me take a look at it and we'll let it be something of a single-item test of whether we strive for well-reasoned modding.

If all the text or smilies or whatever weren't deleted or edited out and are still accessible for review, I'll try to walk you through my assessment of why what was done was done. And if there was an error, you'll have my apology.

How's that?

Please excuse me now. I have to get back to arbitrarily suspending and banning people and just sucking in general.;)

P4E said:
Please excuse me now. I have to get back to arbitrarily suspending and banning people and just sucking in general.;)

You mean you actually stopped your primary function to answer a question?

Slacker.

Now you need some make up time... you'll have to ban 10 extra people for absolutely no reason... we have quotas you know...

yankeehillbilly said:
not that I know of. Losman7 thinks he was banned unjustly but I don't know all the details on that one, so he very well could have deserved it.

Losman7's history of breaking TOS is too long to type out in a reasonable amount of time.
He had been previously banned under several different usernames, and although he thought he was slick by re-registering... eventually, that will catch up to you.

unjustly? :rofl3:

WharfRat said:
You mean you actually stopped your primary function to answer a question?

Slacker.

Now you need some make up time... you'll have to ban 10 extra people for absolutely no reason... we have quotas you know...

:escape: ............. :hide:

I think it would be more fair if we did a Finheaven spinoff of Weakest Link and the people competing would be the homers of the forums.

inFINS can be the show host :shotgun:

Honestly a crack down every now and then is good. It does seem like this forum gets dumber and dumber as time goes by.

I think with the number of user's increasing we're really just seeing the exponential increase in threads as more people obviously have more ideas. Perhaps it might be a decent idea to create more forums under "Talk Dolphins Football" to somehow divy up stuff...like news-related, factually related, polls. opinions/ideas or whatever. People could discuss news articles (primary discussion based on facts), other factually related stuff (statistic or fact related discussions), and then all the million I hate this guy or I love this guy threads could be stuck in the opinions/ideas threads. Anyway...I love this site but the more and more I log on the more and more I just see a million threads that really don't have as much substance as they used to a year or two ago.

Back
Top Bottom