Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster

Hoping Brooks can do enough FB things that Miami moves on from Ingold. He's significantly worse than some of the guys that won't make it. Love the person - seems like such a good, nice guy. I view him as a net-negative player, though.

I hear ya and his unnecessary extension was a head scratcher. He’s going to be here another year though because of that deal.

Just back of the envelope stuff. I cut it to 54 so just imagine one of these is on PUP (maybe Phillips or Chubb).
Take a look at the players that I cut. A LOT of those guys will get picked up... and I didnt keep a single UDFA... not even the ones we gave big guarantees.

Offense (25)

QB: (3)
Tua
White
Thompson

RB: (3)
Wright
Mostert
Achane

WR (6)
Hill
Waddle
M. Washington
Ezukanma
Berrios
T. Washington

TE (4)
Jonnu
Hill
Smythe
Ingold

OL (9)
Armstead
Wynn
Brewer
Eichenberg
Jackson
Paul
Lamm
Driscoll
(Open)

Defense (26)

DL (6)
Sieler
Tart
Benito
Hand
Gallimore
Harris

LB (5)
Long
Walker
Riley
Brooks
Brown or Tindall

Edge (5)
Phillips
Chubb
Chop
Barrett
Kamara

CB (6)
Ramsey
Fuller
Cam S.
Kohou
Needham or Neal
Bonner

S (4)
Holland
Poyer
Campbell
McMorris

Sp (3)
Sanders
Ferguson
Bailey

Off
Fortson
Tindall
Cracraft
Robert S.
Cotton
Kion S.
Hayes
Conner
Wilson
Brooks
Ahmed
Pili
Goode
(Others)

Yes, I know... a bunch of screaming will happen from the anti-Eich brigade... those who only want 2 QBs... and the Brooks lovers, but brothers.... I went with the vets over the projections, at least for now. We're on a playoff run and I believe the staff will keep the younger vets.

Yes... there's NO WAY this is gonna happen exactly like this... it's just an early projection. Any vet WR signed will necessitate a cut, though I left a spot for a late-signing of a lineman.

Good luck. Your mileage may differ.
the first name that jumped at me was you have the second Washington making the team......I think he'll go to the PS.....highly doubt we only keep 3 RB's.....not so sure EZ makes the team but the one thing he's got going for him is he's a bigger WR so that will help him.

Unfortunately, injuries will shape this roster anywhere from 5-10 spots. Even minor injuries could slow or derail a borderline player's hope to land a spot. Hopefully, not many season ending ones.

While they do have a lot of talent at some positions, I am not that impressed with the players they have at DT except for Sieler. I think the loss of Wilkins is going to severely hamper this unit.

The need for a #3 WR is still apparent unless EZ can show he can stay healthy and fill that position.

They haven’t yet found an adequate replacement for Hunt on the offensive line, so hopefully they can sign a veteran free agent to come in and fill that position for at least the 2024 season.

Hopefully Cam Smith steps up in this new defense and is able to get on the field this coming season. Because I’’m not that impressed with the CB’s behind Ramsey and Fuller. Needham was better a few years ago and Kohou didn’t play nearly as well last year as he did in his rookie season.

Until Phillips and Chubb get fully healthy and back on the field, I see a big dip in their pass rush. I don’t see a DT who can replace Wilkins in providing pressure up the middle and I don’t think Robinson is ready to come in and play at this time. The Barrett from 3 years ago would be great but I just don’t see him as the same player he was earlier in his career.

The depth at safety is very questionable if Holland or Poyer are injured during the season. I would love to see them add another veteran safety before the season begins.

Overall I think the roster was better going into the 2023 season than it is right now because of the loss of Wilkins, Williams,and Hunt. Along with the fact Phillips and Chubb are both coming off serious injuries and when they will return and how effective they will be once they do return is a huge question.

Hopefully some of the young players taken in the draft and as UDFA’s will be able to come in and contribute immediately on the field.

Last edited:
Thanks for doing this. It puts into perspective how much talent Miami has.

Maybe Grier can make a few trades too. Jeff Wilson could have some interest. With the addition of Wright, he definitely seems like the odd man out.

Picking two wide receivers in the draft was interesting, but I still think OBJ could be in play.

Definitely don't love the Dolphins choices at guard, at the moment. That jumps out as the weakness. Maybe also safety depth.

Hoping Brooks can do enough FB things that Miami moves on from Ingold. He's significantly worse than some of the guys that won't make it. Love the person - seems like such a good, nice guy. I view him as a net-negative player, though.
Yeah, looking at Feverdream's projections Miami would lack that bigger back. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Just back of the envelope stuff. I cut it to 54 so just imagine one of these is on PUP (maybe Phillips or Chubb).
Take a look at the players that I cut. A LOT of those guys will get picked up... and I didnt keep a single UDFA... not even the ones we gave big guarantees.

Offense (25)

QB: (3)
Tua
White
Thompson

RB: (3)
Wright
Mostert
Achane

WR (6)
Hill
Waddle
M. Washington
Ezukanma
Berrios
T. Washington

TE (4)
Jonnu
Hill
Smythe
Ingold

OL (9)
Armstead
Wynn
Brewer
Eichenberg
Jackson
Paul
Lamm
Driscoll
(Open)

Defense (26)

DL (6)
Sieler
Tart
Benito
Hand
Gallimore
Harris

LB (5)
Long
Walker
Riley
Brooks
Brown or Tindall

Edge (5)
Phillips
Chubb
Chop
Barrett
Kamara

CB (6)
Ramsey
Fuller
Cam S.
Kohou
Needham or Neal
Bonner

S (4)
Holland
Poyer
Campbell
McMorris

Sp (3)
Sanders
Ferguson
Bailey

Off
Fortson
Tindall
Cracraft
Robert S.
Cotton
Kion S.
Hayes
Conner
Wilson
Brooks
Ahmed
Pili
Goode
(Others)

Yes, I know... a bunch of screaming will happen from the anti-Eich brigade... those who only want 2 QBs... and the Brooks lovers, but brothers.... I went with the vets over the projections, at least for now. We're on a playoff run and I believe the staff will keep the younger vets.

Yes... there's NO WAY this is gonna happen exactly like this... it's just an early projection. Any vet WR signed will necessitate a cut, though I left a spot for a late-signing of a lineman.

Good luck. Your mileage may differ.
Nice big picture overview, brother.

Appreciate you taking the time and effort in putting it together.

While they do have a lot of talent at some positions, I am not that impressed with the players they have at DT except for Sieler. I think the loss of Wilkins is going to severely hamper this unit.

The need for a #3 WR is still apparent unless EZ can show he can stay healthy and fill that position.

They haven’t yet found an adequate replacement for Hunt on the offensive line, so hopefully they can sign a veteran free agent to come in and fill that position for at least the 2024 season.

Hopefully Cam Smith steps up in this new defense and is able to get on the field this coming season. Because I’’m not that impressed with the CB’s behind Ramsey and Fuller. Needham was better a few years ago and Kohou didn’t play nearly as well last year as he did in his rookie season.

Until Phillips and Chubb get fully healthy and back on the field, I see a big dip in their pass rush. I don’t see a DT who can replace Wilkins in providing pressure up the middle and I don’t think Robinson is ready to come in and play at this time. The Barrett from 3 years ago would be great but I just don’t see him as the same player he was earlier in his career.

The depth at safety is very questionable if Holland or Poyer are injured during the season. I would love to see them add another veteran safety before the season begins.

Overall I think the roster was better going into the 2023 season than it is right now because of the loss of Wilkins, Williams,and Hunt. Along with the fact Phillips and Chubb are both coming off serious injuries and when they will return and how effective they will be once they do return is a huge question.

Hopefully some of the young players taken in the draft and as UDFA’s will be able to come in and contribute immediately on the field.
I also think more talent has left the building, than entered this offseason. Although, I do think Grier pivoted pretty well.

Wilkin's pass rushing ability wasn't replaced, although interestingly Chop Robinson was used inside as a pass rusher at times by Penn State. Maybe that will factor in some?

I do wonder what/who Grier was targeting when he indicated an attempt to get back into the 1st round? Newton was rumored. Hall went one pick before Paul too.

Agree, safety depth is lacking and I don't like the options at guard as things stand right now.

I wouldn’t be too sure of that. It’s possible he could even end up on the practice squad.
These days, with the "call up rules" the PS is essentially an extension of the roster to have reserves as needed on a game by game basis. Having plug in players, familiar with the system has more value than some give credit for, and McD takes advantage of it regularly.

Of course there is the risk of players being poached.

Back
Top Bottom