Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster

Not if I have anything to say about that!
This may sound crazy, but hear me out.

Have you considered that your opinions may carry more weight if you weren't always prancing around buck naked during the zoom calls with Grier and Co.?

While they do have a lot of talent at some positions, I am not that impressed with the players they have at DT except for Sieler. I think the loss of Wilkins is going to severely hamper this unit.

The need for a #3 WR is still apparent unless EZ can show he can stay healthy and fill that position.

They haven’t yet found an adequate replacement for Hunt on the offensive line, so hopefully they can sign a veteran free agent to come in and fill that position for at least the 2024 season.

Hopefully Cam Smith steps up in this new defense and is able to get on the field this coming season. Because I’’m not that impressed with the CB’s behind Ramsey and Fuller. Needham was better a few years ago and Kohou didn’t play nearly as well last year as he did in his rookie season.

Until Phillips and Chubb get fully healthy and back on the field, I see a big dip in their pass rush. I don’t see a DT who can replace Wilkins in providing pressure up the middle and I don’t think Robinson is ready to come in and play at this time. The Barrett from 3 years ago would be great but I just don’t see him as the same player he was earlier in his career.

The depth at safety is very questionable if Holland or Poyer are injured during the season. I would love to see them add another veteran safety before the season begins.

Overall I think the roster was better going into the 2023 season than it is right now because of the loss of Wilkins, Williams,and Hunt. Along with the fact Phillips and Chubb are both coming off serious injuries and when they will return and how effective they will be once they do return is a huge question.

Hopefully some of the young players taken in the draft and as UDFA’s will be able to come in and contribute immediately on the field.
This is 100% how I feel right now

Just back of the envelope stuff. I cut it to 54 so just imagine one of these is on PUP (maybe Phillips or Chubb).
Take a look at the players that I cut. A LOT of those guys will get picked up... and I didnt keep a single UDFA... not even the ones we gave big guarantees.

Offense (25)

QB: (3)
Tua
White
Thompson

RB: (3)
Wright
Mostert
Achane

WR (6)
Hill
Waddle
M. Washington
Ezukanma
Berrios
T. Washington

TE (4)
Jonnu
Hill
Smythe
Ingold

OL (9)
Armstead
Wynn
Brewer
Eichenberg
Jackson
Paul
Lamm
Driscoll
(Open)

Defense (26)

DL (6)
Sieler
Tart
Benito
Hand
Gallimore
Harris

LB (5)
Long
Walker
Riley
Brooks
Brown or Tindall

Edge (5)
Phillips
Chubb
Chop
Barrett
Kamara

CB (6)
Ramsey
Fuller
Cam S.
Kohou
Needham or Neal
Bonner

S (4)
Holland
Poyer
Campbell
McMorris

Sp (3)
Sanders
Ferguson
Bailey

Off
Fortson
Tindall
Cracraft
Robert S.
Cotton
Kion S.
Hayes
Conner
Wilson
Brooks
Ahmed
Pili
Goode
(Others)

Yes, I know... a bunch of screaming will happen from the anti-Eich brigade... those who only want 2 QBs... and the Brooks lovers, but brothers.... I went with the vets over the projections, at least for now. We're on a playoff run and I believe the staff will keep the younger vets.

Yes... there's NO WAY this is gonna happen exactly like this... it's just an early projection. Any vet WR signed will necessitate a cut, though I left a spot for a late-signing of a lineman.

Good luck. Your mileage may differ.
I’m thinking we keep 4 RBs and it comes down to either Brooks or Wilson. I’m also thinking Cracraft makes the team over someone like Tajh Washington, assuming we don’t sign Beckham. I also think Needham and Neal are locks over someone like McMorris. Needham is cross-training at safety now for what will be the second year. And Neal was a vital ST acquisition. Finally, I don’t see Fortson being cut.

Just back of the envelope stuff. I cut it to 54 so just imagine one of these is on PUP (maybe Phillips or Chubb).
Take a look at the players that I cut. A LOT of those guys will get picked up... and I didnt keep a single UDFA... not even the ones we gave big guarantees.

Offense (25)

Tua
White
Thompson

Wright
Mostert
Achane

WR (6)
Hill
Waddle
M. Washington
Ezukanma
Berrios
T. Washington

TE (4)
Jonnu
Hill
Smythe
Ingold

OL (9)
Armstead
Wynn
Brewer
Eichenberg
Jackson
Paul
Lamm
Driscoll
(Open)

Defense (26)

DL (6)
Sieler
Tart
Benito
Hand
Gallimore
Harris

LB (5)
Long
Walker
Riley
Brooks
Brown or Tindall

Edge (5)
Phillips
Chubb
Chop
Barrett
Kamara

CB (6)
Ramsey
Fuller
Cam S.
Kohou
Needham or Neal
Bonner

S (4)
Holland
Poyer
Campbell
McMorris

Sp (3)
Sanders
Ferguson
Bailey

Off
Fortson
Tindall
Cracraft
Robert S.
Cotton
Kion S.
Hayes
Conner
Wilson
Brooks
Ahmed
Pili
Goode
(Others)

Yes, I know... a bunch of screaming will happen from the anti-Eich brigade... those who only want 2 QBs... and the Brooks lovers, but brothers.... I went with the vets over the projections, at least for now. We're on a playoff run and I believe the staff will keep the younger vets.

Yes... there's NO WAY this is gonna happen exactly like this... it's just an early projection. Any vet WR signed will necessitate a cut, though I left a spot for a late-signing of a lineman.

Alot of your Vets you kept will get cut.

Not all those DTs will make it. Goode and Ahmed will go to PS again. Ezukama has less than a 1% chance to make the team due to that neck injury and the fact he's just a bust.

Nice post. Idk to me I still feel like there are some holes in the trenches and maybe even LB that could crush us again come later in the season. Also still no real size at WR. I’m sure it will change a lot still tho

Very nice roster predictions
I'm sure you're right on most

I hate our qb backups.. Thompson won't have to be on the active roster now though with the new 3rd qb practice squad rule exemption. I'm not familiar with this Utep qb udfa we got.

Tindall and Riley will be gone imo

I think we keep 5 rb's(unless we trade one)..
Ahmed contract is the easiest to drop

I'm not sold on our guards atm.. think more will be coming in to compete here

Forston is gonna make the 54, he was targeted in fa. Smythe is probably the only one I'd consider safe of our returning te room.

Cb/db depth concerns me.. don't think we have enough guys who can handle covering outside. Hopefully, Smith is truly being '🔓'

Wr room is gonna change.. we probably keep 6. So Hill, Waddle and the Washington's with the fa additions and cracraft, berrios and E fighting it out.

I wish I had a better picture of how weaver is gonna run things. With the way things look on paper though, I'm seeing a lot more physicality with the new additions. Toughness and Nasty were targeted traits in most of them. The depth is looking much more improved this far into the offseason with the talent being high motors, this should carry over well in games where elements can take away some of our 'speed' advantage. Hope we can get a couple gems in udfa and 3rd wave of fa.

Offense (25)

Tua
White
Thompson

Wright
Mostert
Achane

WR (6)
Hill
Waddle
M. Washington
Ezukanma
Berrios
T. Washington

TE (4)
Jonnu
Hill
Smythe
Ingold

OL (9)
Armstead
Wynn
Brewer
Eichenberg
Jackson
Paul
Lamm
Driscoll
(Open)

Defense (26)

DL (6)
Sieler
Tart
Benito
Hand
Gallimore
Harris

LB (5)
Long
Walker
Riley
Brooks
Brown or Tindall

Edge (5)
Phillips
Chubb
Chop
Barrett
Kamara

CB (6)
Ramsey
Fuller
Cam S.
Kohou
Needham or Neal
Bonner

S (4)
Holland
Poyer
Campbell
McMorris

Sp (3)
Sanders
Ferguson
Bailey

Off
Fortson
Tindall
Cracraft
Robert S.
Cotton
Kion S.
Hayes
Conner
Wilson
Brooks
Ahmed
Pili
Goode
(Others)

Great post

I don't think they'd heed me at all if I donned even a stitch of clothing!
You might be surprised the effect that just a tasteful necktie alone could have.

It would add credibility. Of course matching high heels is also an option........

I know I would take notice.........

Edit: I got it....... Dolphin logo pasties.....

Assuming we sign OBJ, is it possible that Berrios doesn’t make this team? 4 guys would likely be locked in — Hill, Waddle, OBJ, Malik Washington. Gotta think EZ being the only WR on the roster with size would have an inside track. Thats 5. Then you’d have Berrios, Cracraft, and Tahj Washington battling for 1 or 2 spots. I like both Washington’s and they both provide different styles of YAC ability especially in the slot.

Nice post. Idk to me I still feel like there are some holes in the trenches and maybe even LB that could crush us again come later in the season. Also still no real size at WR. I’m sure it will change a lot still tho
Hole at LB? Where? Our 5th or 6th LB?
Brooks, Long, Walker, Riley, Tindall, Brown

We have really good LBers and Edge for the 1st time in a very long time.

You might be surprised the effect that just a tasteful necktie alone could have.

It would add credibility. Of course matching high heels is also an option........

I know I would take notice.........

Edit: I got it....... Dolphin logo pasties.....
i can still prance, right?

Back
Top Bottom