Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster

A lot of fringe players on our books based on that list. Not such a bad thing considering our depth issues in recent years. Challenge will be keeping the guys on the practice squad and not losing them to other teams with roster gaps.
I think we'll get killed on waiver day this year... competitive teams usually do.
If our 6th and 7th round picks don't make the squad, I figure they're gone.
Same with any of the vet minimum type players that we cut. Bad teams will line up for our leftovers.

Achane put on what looked like 10-12 lbs. of muscle so far, in this off season. He needed a little more weight to not get banged up every other play. I love Achane and I see him destroying other teams behind an improved oline and a stronger physique. I was surprised to see us go RB in this draft. We are kind of loaded but they must have loved the player.
I'd been calling for a drafted RB for months, but a back with a specific skill-set-- blitz pick up and receiving.
Mostert and Wilson have never been very good at either... and even with added weight, Achane just probably isn't that guy.
Miami's success in the running game was mostly on 1st and 2nd downs when teams were legitimately confused as to whether we'd run or pass. On third and 8, we were pretty transparent.
I like Achane as a RB2 type... yes, his stats were excellent, but a lot of that was scheme driven... he ran through gaping holes and our linemen block well on the second level, giving him even more room. I like him on 1st down... I like him on limited snaps. I don't believe for an instant that he's a bell-cow. Like Mostert, I think he's a career RB2. Lightning.

Wright is bigger, he's a much better blocker, and he has the look of an outlet reciever where Achane is more of a swing pass guy.

I love, LOVE the Wright pick. I think it was EXACTLY what our offense needed in tight games.

I think all of the drafted rookies except Tahj Washington and Patrick McMorris are locks to make the team. Wouldn’t be shocked to see one or two UDFA make it also.
If Tahj gets cut... he's gone.
McMorris might make it to the PS, but unless Tahj just absolutely face-plants in preseason... a bad team would scoop him up.

If your biggest weakness on your entire roster is Eichenberg/Jones/Drischoll at right guard then you have one hell of a talented roster.

I don’t see talent being an issue with the 2024 Dolphins.
I disagree but do feel we have enough talent to compete if we put it together.

There are a number of us who think he'll be fine as a full-time RG.
If he's allowed to settle in at one position, he'll perform better, most do.
Right now, I think he's the clubhouse favorite to start.

With all due respect, I think that's wishful thinking. I'm sick to death of seeing him getting blown up and rolled over. Eich starting is a straight up nightmare, IMO. He needs a fresh start somewhere else.

With all due respect, I think that's wishful thinking. I'm sick to death of seeing him getting blown up and rolled over. Eich starting is a straight up nightmare, IMO. He needs a fresh start somewhere else.
Players grow...
He had some nice games at Guard before he was forced to move to Center... a position that he'd never really played.

Btw... Driscoll is another natural Guard who's been forced to play mostly Tackle. In his one year at RG, he threw a 70+ pff rating, but was always lousy at Tackle.

I have a feeling we keep both Washingtons on the 53. Something like
Hill
Waddle
EZ
Washington
Washington
+1 (Berrios?/Odell?/Boyd?)

Potentially 7 WRs if we IR Chubb or Phillips to start the Season too. (Berrios?/Odell?/Boyd?)

Also 4 RBs:
Mostert
Achane
Wright
Brooks

Players grow...
He had some nice games at Guard before he was forced to move to Center... a position that he'd never really played.

Btw... Driscoll is another natural Guard who's been forced to play mostly Tackle. In his one year at RG, he threw a 70+ pff rating, but was always lousy at Tackle.
Driscoll could be Rob Hunt 2.0 based on that.

Driscoll could be Rob Hunt 2.0 based on that.
He could...

He's my bet for underrated signing of the year.

I don't have it right in front of me, but I believe it was 2001.

He played 9 games at RG and scored a 70 or so at PFF. He's been much worse at Tackle- 40ish off scores.

Yes, pff isn't perfect, and yes, it was only 9 games, but his draft year scouting suggested he might move to Guard... just like Eichenberg.

I'm not sure the team's seeming reluctance to draft a Guard is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom