Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brothers... it's gonna be tough to make this roster

I still worry about our depth in the secondary. Kohou is only serviceable and Cam Smith hasnt shown us anything yet. If we lose a starter in the secondary, it would make things very tough for us.

Also worried about WR depth, we have decent receivers behind Hill and Waddle, but they're slots guys that can be schemed open but they wouldnt be good perimiter players if Hill or Waddle were injured.
Nothing wrong with being concerned.
Just don't let your positive expectations be "neutralized" by "overstated" concerns.

It's nice to know that we have talent that others will want. It hasn't always been that way. Want a quick flashback? These were our linebackers in 2016....

KIKO ALONSO .... 6-3/238..OREGON
KOA MISI .... 6-3/256..UTAH
JELANI JENKINS .... 6-0/243..FLORIDA
DONALD BUTLER 6-1/242..WASHINGTON
SPENCER PAYSINGER .... 6-2/250..OREGON
NEVILLE HEWITT .... 6-2/235..MARSHALL
MIKE HULL .... 6-0/237..PENN STATE
ZACH VIGIL .... 6-2/240..UTAH STATE

....and I mean they were our LBs for a WHILE. We couldn't churn the roster for better players for a few years. Most of the stuck for a short time.

It's nice to know that we have talent that others will want. It hasn't always been that way. Want a quick flashback? These were our linebackers in 2016....

KIKO ALONSO .... 6-3/238..OREGON
KOA MISI .... 6-3/256..UTAH
JELANI JENKINS .... 6-0/243..FLORIDA
DONALD BUTLER 6-1/242..WASHINGTON
SPENCER PAYSINGER .... 6-2/250..OREGON
NEVILLE HEWITT .... 6-2/235..MARSHALL
MIKE HULL .... 6-0/237..PENN STATE
ZACH VIGIL .... 6-2/240..UTAH STATE

....and I mean they were our LBs for a WHILE. We couldn't churn the roster for better players for a few years. Most of the stuck for a short time.
Miss Mike Hull. That dude was all heart.

I still worry about our depth in the secondary. Kohou is only serviceable and Cam Smith hasnt shown us anything yet. If we lose a starter in the secondary, it would make things very tough for us.

Also worried about WR depth, we have decent receivers behind Hill and Waddle, but they're slots guys that can be schemed open but they wouldnt be good perimiter players if Hill or Waddle were injured.
I'm sort of with you on this, although... it isn't about Kohou, because I see him as slot corner only.

On the boundary, our 1st back up has to be Cam Smith, so he's got to get a ton of work in the preseason... likewise Bonner, who was the #1 UDFA target in the NFL last year.

So we lack experience... but I think we have potential, and maybe that's not so bad, experience gave us Eli Apple and Bethel.

But still......the question everyone has in the back of their minds this weekend.....what chance is there that Storm Duck makes the final roster?

HE HAS TO MAKE IT!

Why do people like Brooks so much. He sucks and is gone.

You find us a quality starting guard somewhere and I'm very happy with this roster. I just don't feel comfortable going through this season with what we have now. On paper, this oline is worse than what we had last year. Yes we had a lot of injuries last year but the oline was our downfall and it would be insanity if that were the case again this year.

Why do you believe he sucks? There has to be a rational reason, right?
Just to trigger people. Jk.

I don’t think he sucks. However, I think he lacks vision and speed for this offense.

With a crowded and talented RB group, I just don’t see him on the team.

Just to trigger people. Jk.

I don’t think he sucks. However, I think he lacks vision and speed for this offense.

With a crowded and talented RB group, I just don’t see him on the team.
He isn't a 4.4 guy, but he isn't slow, particularly in game speed as opposed to sprinting in shorts.

He had a whopping 19 carries last year. Is that a large enough sample size to say he lacks vision and has no place on the team?

TBH, I wouldn't mind if he took on a larger role, including some FB duties. He also played on special teams.

I mean if he gets beat out, fine. We, obviously, want to keep the best players. On the other hand, he is really the only bigger type of back on the roster.

He isn't a 4.4 guy, but he isn't slow, particularly in game speed as opposed to sprinting in shorts.

He had a whopping 19 carries last year. Is that a large enough sample size to say he lacks vision and has no place on the team?

TBH, I wouldn't mind if he took on a larger role, including some FB duties. He also played on special teams.

I mean if he gets beat out, fine. We, obviously, want to keep the best players. On the other hand, he is really the only bigger type of back on the roster.
I agree he has decent game speed but nothing in terms of burst when compared to Wright and Achane. There's a reason why he only has 19 carries since being drafted. Maybe he can find a place on the practice squad but he's never going to beat out Mostert, Wright, Achane and apparently can't beat out Salvon nor Wilson. I don't think we need a bigger back when guys like Mostert run for 21 TDs in a season.

Back
Top Bottom