Bruce Gradkowski | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bruce Gradkowski

Maybe if he was 6'4 and 220 but at 6'2 and just over 200 I'm not intersted.I'd rather take a guy like Betts in the 6th round.He's got a great arm, is 6'4 and 225...the bad knock on him is that he'll take chances but he can learn that.You can't teach his good arm to a guy with a weak arm.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Shouldn't you be going by talent rather than how tall he is? Plummer and Delhomme aren't the tallest guys in the league, but they get the job done.

He's really out there impressing the heck out of people at the East-West Shrine practices. He reminds me of a taller version of a guy everyone seemed to love last year, Stefan LeFors.

Living in Ohio I see a lot of Toledo games. I think Gradkowski has good mobility and fairly decent arm strenght-if not great. His bowl game was amazing, one of the best for a throwing QB this year. He has confidence and patience, which I like. And it doesen't hurt that he is from Pittsburgh, Pa.
I'm sold on him in the third, because he will get overlooked for Cutler, etc. Another MAC QB, with Roethlisberger and Frye succeding maybe the talent in that conference isn't all that bad.

Danny said:
Maybe if he was 6'4 and 220 but at 6'2 and just over 200 I'm not intersted.I'd rather take a guy like Betts in the 6th round.He's got a great arm, is 6'4 and 225...the bad knock on him is that he'll take chances but he can learn that.You can't teach his good arm to a guy with a weak arm.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Actually, Bruce is about 6'1" even, according to Scouts Inc. (and for now anyway, I find their measurements to be extremely accurate).

But, 6'2" isn't anything to scoff at necessarily. Brett Favre and Donovan McNabb are both listed at 6'2". So is Patrick Ramsey. Kurt Warner too. I wouldn't be surprised if any of them were actually more like 6'1"

Adding to what CK stated...

01/17/06 - East-West Shrine Practice - QB Bruce Gradkowski helped his draft standing with an impressive performance Tuesday morning at the East-West Shrine Game practice. Gradkowski was joined by Tarvaris Jackson and Brett Basanez as the East's quarterbacks. Gradkowski was the star of the position, and arguably the best player on the field this morning. Contrary to earlier scouting reports, Gradkowski showed a live, accurate arm. His mobility and fiery leadership were also on display.

people are going to put way to much stock into the bowl practices. its already started :shakeno:

Nappy Roots said:
people are going to put way to much stock into the bowl practices. its already started :shakeno:

Umm...what exactly is wrong with that? NFL scouts pay far more attention to what goes on at the bowl game practices than what goes on in the all-star bowl games themselves. It is an integral part of the evaluation process.

cheyannefan said:
Living in Ohio I see a lot of Toledo games. I think Gradkowski has good mobility and fairly decent arm strenght-if not great. His bowl game was amazing, one of the best for a throwing QB this year. He has confidence and patience, which I like. And it doesen't hurt that he is from Pittsburgh, Pa.
I'm sold on him in the third, because he will get overlooked for Cutler, etc. Another MAC QB, with Roethlisberger and Frye succeding maybe the talent in that conference isn't all that bad.

I think he might work in a west coast offense because he is accurate and pretty mobile, but arm strengh is something he sorely lacks in my opinion.

Blade Article

Heres something I just found comparing Omar and Bruce. A little on the negative side for Gradowski in this particular article. Just some food for thought.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060115/SPORTS09/60115005/-1/SPORTS

Gradkowski flourished in UT’s pass-happy system. This past season he completed 62.3 percent of his passes for 2,469 yards and 29 touchdowns.

But the draft experts aren’t sold on his arm strength. They have him ranked 11th, 17th and 20th among quarterbacks, and they rank him anywhere from mid-to-late-round pick to an undrafted free agent.

“He’s a clipboard holder at next level, at best,†Pauline said. “He was a good college quarterback who just doesn’t have the physical skills to play in the NFL. Any pass outside of 12 yards becomes an adventure for him. The receivers were always waiting for the ball from him when they went downfield.â€Â

Rang said one thing Gradkowski has going for him is his toughness.
“He lacks the size and arm strength to be successful in most schemes,†Rang said. “However, he is a gutty leader, with good short to medium range accuracy, and better athleticism than most give him credit for. He is a threat as a scrambler and can pass with accuracy on the move.â€Â

Wright thinks Gradkowski could go as high as the fourth round.

“I could see him developing into a solid backup at the next level,†he said. “I doubt many will view him as a potential starter. I think of im in the Koy Detmer mold and he has stuck in the pros for a long time now.â€Â

ckparrothead said:
Umm...what exactly is wrong with that? NFL scouts pay far more attention to what goes on at the bowl game practices than what goes on in the all-star bowl games themselves. It is an integral part of the evaluation process.

cause its just that, practice. players have hundreds of practices throughout the year, and a few practices is an integral part? i highly doubt it. everyone that followed the draft last year knows how one of the most dominating players in practice last year was antajj hawthorne, and he went into the 6th round, and is on a practice squad right now.

if you guys wanna put that much into a few practices where most the players are playing out of their systems, then go ahead. i just fully believe you shouldnt put to much into it. like threads like this.

Nappy Roots said:
cause its just that, practice. players have hundreds of practices throughout the year, and a few practices is an integral part? i highly doubt it. everyone that followed the draft last year knows how one of the most dominating players in practice last year was antajj hawthorne, and he went into the 6th round, and is on a practice squad right now.

if you guys wanna put that much into a few practices where most the players are playing out of their systems, then go ahead. i just fully believe you shouldnt put to much into it. like threads like this.

Well, I am sorry to say, but you are wrong. The all-star game practices are far more important than the bowl games themselves. More scouts attend, they pay more attention, and they do more in-depth evaluation. By the time they get to the game itself, they usually already know all they need to know, and they hardly even pay much attention.

It's not JUST a practice if you know that scouts from every team in the national football league are watching your every move. It's far more than that. It is your time to show them what you've got.

ckparrothead said:
Well, I am sorry to say, but you are wrong. The all-star game practices are far more important than the bowl games themselves. More scouts attend, they pay more attention, and they do more in-depth evaluation. By the time they get to the game itself, they usually already know all they need to know, and they hardly even pay much attention.

It's not JUST a practice if you know that scouts from every team in the national football league are watching your every move. It's far more than that. It is your time to show them what you've got.

sorry to tell you, but i aint wrong. keep falling in love over practices, im scraight.

Nappy Roots said:
sorry to tell you, but i aint wrong. keep falling in love over practices, im scraight.

I have to disagree with you bud. I noticed last year that the practices were a very valued way of evaluating players, and for some it can mean more than a spot on the draft board (Caddy). It is a great opportunity to show coaches the physical, football skills you have. If they see that you have talent they can coach, it can overshadow a bad game, because these scouts are looking for players that can be molded into their system, not ones who just happen to have a good game during the senior bowl (even though I'm sure that helps).

Back
Top Bottom