Brugler Mock; Would you make this projected trade up? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brugler Mock; Would you make this projected trade up?

SMadison29

What Sherman aspires to be
Reaction score
Dane Brugler posted his latest mock for the Athletic today. Question, would you make this projected trade?

3. ***TRADE***
Miami Dolphins receive:
2020 first-round pick (No. 3 overall)

Detroit Lions receive:
2020 first-round pick (No. 5 overall)
2020 second-round pick (No. 39 overall)
2021 second-round pick
2021 fourth-round pick

Miami Dolphins (via DET) – Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama
The first trade scenario in this mock is an obvious one with the Dolphins jumping to the third pick to secure Tagovailoa. Miami has more than enough ammo to go get their “franchise” quarterback and would only have to give up one first-rounder in his trade scenario. The wild card will be Tagovailoa’s medicals, but we will assume for this mock that he received two thumbs up from the doctors.

According to the trade value chart, this would be an overpay, but when drafting the quarterback whom you expect to lead your organization to the playoffs, there is no such thing as an overpay. In the 2018 NFL Draft, the Jets traded three second-round picks to move from No. 6 to No. 3, drafting Sam Darnold. The Dolphins are only surrendering two second-rounders in this scenario, along with a sweetener (2021 fourth-rounder).

It depends on what I thought the odds of Tua lasting til the 5th pick were and what I though of Herbert and if I believed he'll still be on the board at 5.

I wouldn’t give up number 39 I’d give up pick 56 and a mid 5th and 6 th

We need a better negotiator

Rosen
Jones - we pay half his contract
2021 - 3rd round pick
swap 2021 1st - both ours top 10 protected

That is an easy trade...move up to 3, keep the firsts and give up a couple of seconds we already have extras of...

I can up those picks with a couple of savvy trade backs.

If your really want to go the patient route, you might consider giving up a current 3rd instead of next years second...

If the Dolphins are really so dead set on drafting a particular player or trading up, they could have made it a helluva lot easier and less costly by winning 2 games less. ;)

Back
Top Bottom