Brunell is the Dolphins top choice ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brunell is the Dolphins top choice ?

Good Point "Section126"!

If we do bring in a different Proven FA QB and drop Greise, I think Brunell is the best available, & I'll be happy with this pickup.
But only if we also draft a QB early - like very early.

Section, regardless of his lifetime stats he is 33 years old and not the franchise QB of the future for this team. I think we need to think long term and stop banking on 1 or 2 guys to carry this team. Without a good O-Line or better recievers Brunell won't be effective. By the time we do develop an O-Line that can win championships Brunell may be ready to retire. You can't rebuild an entire offense in one year, it takes several years to develop the players and the attitude required to win.

I have always advocated bringing in Brunell and draft a young qb...or trade for Henson........

See I don't know about Henson. If he would come cheap enough I would say ok. However, I think the Texans want too much for him and there are too many questions about him...

I would much rather have Garcia over Brunell. But I would take Brunell over Fiedler. Who ever we bring in they need to draft a QB early.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I would much rather have Garcia over Brunell.

No way, Garcia would be bad news in Miami. I've seen him out and about on a 49ers road trip. Trust me, he's trouble and not all that as a QB to put up with.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

Didn't you guarantee the Fins would beat the Texans? :shakeno:

Didn't you guarantee the Jills would beat the Phins?...TWICE!

In this talk of Brunell, something hit me like a lightning bolt. I almost put it in its own thread, but that seemed a little much.

Brunell is left-handed. That means his blind side is his right side. That means the focal point of the offensive line becomes right takcle rather than left tackle.

Thoughts?

Well, if the Texans want to much for him they'll get nothing. They only have his rights until the night before this years draft. If he doesn't sign he goes back into the draft again.

If we wanted him we could just draft him then if he indicates he wants to play football again.

The focal point is still LT since that is where most speed rushers line up. If they put a smaller guy there too much we could run there all day.

Although it does become his blind side protector yes. I'd prefer we just upgrade RT and not to have to worry about it no matter WHO we have at QB.

Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

Didn't you guarantee the Jills would beat the Phins?...TWICE!

NO! I did not.........I predicted a Bills win.

Is there an echo in here? Didn't I already answer this? :shakeno:

Originally posted by Bumrush
Section, regardless of his lifetime stats he is 33 years old and not the franchise QB of the future for this team. I think we need to think long term and stop banking on 1 or 2 guys to carry this team. Without a good O-Line or better recievers Brunell won't be effective. By the time we do develop an O-Line that can win championships Brunell may be ready to retire. You can't rebuild an entire offense in one year, it takes several years to develop the players and the attitude required to win.

well duh..:rolleyes:

no one is saying that he's our franchise QB. I think 90% of people here want us to draft a QB early. But if we draft a QB early he won't be ready for us next year, and probably the year after that. We STILL need a starting QB on this team while we groom the rookie. No one wants Brunelle here for another 5 years of anything.

He would be a patch player. A talented veteran that would upgrade over our current QB. He would bring a lot of experience to this team, and would help develope the rookie. What would you have us do? Draft a rookie, and start him? NO ONE is ready for that jump. The absolute best you could hope for is drafting Eli or MAYBE Roth and hoping they can take over late in the season. And that's even a LOOOOOONG shot. in the mean time we can't be banking on Fiedler to lead our team

Pick up brunelle and make a run for the SB for the next 2 years. In the meantime draft Eli, develope him, and build the team around Ricky, Eli, Chambers, and McMichael.

Lol...first we get Brunells back-up, and then we go after Brunell? Either way, if they don't fix the O-line it won't matter WHO they get under center. If Brunell had to play behind this O-line he'd retire before the end of the season(or do a Joe Theisman immitation).

Originally posted by PhinPhan1227
Lol...first we get Brunells back-up, and then we go after Brunell? Either way, if they don't fix the O-line it won't matter WHO they get under center. If Brunell had to play behind this O-line he'd retire before the end of the season(or do a Joe Theisman immitation).

We have a backup in sage already, he'll resign cheap. I have a feeling they nut checked him by not playing him this year, thus being able to demand a low salary when they resign him. Maybe he does have a future with this team.

In the meantime we need to find a starting QB. I say hold onto Fiedler until we get Brunell and draft a young budding QB (eli, roth or rivers). IF brunell doesn't come back, find another FA vet for CHEAP, or make Jay take a HEFTY pay cut. There's no other options really. The FA has quite a few vet QB's, none will be a better fit than Brunell, who will also come cheaper than Couch. Couch is at best questionable, and behind our line he wouldn't have a shot at all.

no QB will, but i'd rather pay an old man cheap to get beat up than to pay a lot for a young QB who couldn't get it done with his other team in the first place. It would be pointless to sign couch if we're going to draft a future franchise QB anyway.

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
In this talk of Brunell, something hit me like a lightning bolt. I almost put it in its own thread, but that seemed a little much.

Brunell is left-handed. That means his blind side is his right side. That means the focal point of the offensive line becomes right takcle rather than left tackle.

Thoughts?

If Freeny is running at him full speed does it matter?

Back
Top Bottom