Brunell & TO via FA..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brunell & TO via FA.....

Re: Brunell & TO via FA.....

Originally posted by RunRicky34
I know we all want Brunell #8, he would be huge upgrade over Jay. Brunell has a better long ball, Brunell is mobile, Brunell has playoff experience, Brunell even has two AFC championships under his belt. As of now Im a bit worried about Tampa signing him, but I think he would prefer Miami over Tampa.

Now this just accord to me and I want to know what you guys think.What if via FA we are able to sign both Brunell and cry baby TO :cry: ? Yes, I know TO can be a cry baby and that he will wine etc..... TO is also Strong,Big,Fast and has great hands.
Now think about it Chambers and TO and lets say Mcknight stays.

Give me your opinons I want to know if im Dreaming here.

Of we get TO, i gaurrantee you mcnight wont be here. reguardless. we can save some dough by cutting him. same goes for thompson. we could go with TO/chambers/rookie/tolver/Simmons.

Originally posted by FinaticPatch
Ill take Brunell throwing to Chambers and Steve Smith from Carolina. Pretty sure is a a free agent and not highly talked of so the $$ would be low and he makes plays when he has the ball in his hands not a catch and fall down reciever.

I think steve smith would be awesome and he could return kicks too.:cool:

1st of all, we do not want garcia cause he sucks and TO cries...they both hated eachother anyways so why the hell would we want them? I would rather see Keyshawn Johnson at 2nd reciever if we dont get a very good one in the draft. Theres no way we will be getting steve smith either...why would he want to leave his team thats on the way to the superbowl for a team who didnt make the play offs, and we dont have the money. I think Eli manning is the man to get and we hafta do everything we can to get em.

I agree with RW34, we need either Manning or Ben R.. and sign brunell to groom either one of them..

no way we get TO

Owens will be looking for top dollar ala Coles (I believe 35 mill with 13 mill signing bonus) T.O's ego won't let him take less and there are teams who will give it to him. We are in no position to give up that kind of jack. Also, I think we are comfortable with CC as the #1 receiver.

I think we have a great shot at Brunell. All things being equal, what offense would you want to be on, Miami or Tampa Bay? The wild card will be how much each team is able to pony up. If T.B. has a lot of cap room and is able to throw sick money at Brunell, well, Miami O may not be THAT much better than T.B.

Texphinphan

Brunell to TO would be awesome as big as TO is he could catch any thing in the area.

As far as TO attitude I like his attitude he is a winner he don't like stupid plays he is a leader he will get in any of the players face kinda like Marino did. Sometimes he goes over board with things but I would welcome to the dolphins anyday.

But that is a dream he will not go to the dolphins.

Originally posted by dolphan39
Probably McKnight, Wade, Ruddy and Perry, too

yeah but i wonder who will get cut during the cap thing and who will get cut later? i cant see spielman letting all these dogs out at once. ruddy and mcnight give us more money and Wade is FA.

Originally posted by Can we win a SB
I agree with RW34, we need either Manning or Ben R.. and sign brunell to groom either one of them..

Ive read that Rivers has the same skills Manning has. sounds to me like the name is taking presedence. Not that manning is less than his name, but noone really knows who will do what at the next level. until this year, P. Manning was overrated.

I think Rivers will be looked at with a fine tooth comb. I also think a serious look at Matt Schaub is something to look at for value.

Re: no way we get TO

Originally posted by TexPhinPhan
Owens will be looking for top dollar ala Coles (I believe 35 mill with 13 mill signing bonus) T.O's ego won't let him take less and there are teams who will give it to him. We are in no position to give up that kind of jack. Also, I think we are comfortable with CC as the #1 receiver.

I think we have a great shot at Brunell. All things being equal, what offense would you want to be on, Miami or Tampa Bay? The wild card will be how much each team is able to pony up. If T.B. has a lot of cap room and is able to throw sick money at Brunell, well, Miami O may not be THAT much better than T.B.

Texphinphan

according to clayton, tampa is 1.4 mill over the cap. they may look to dish Sapp and his huge salary. problem is, who wants him for that price? surely not the green bay packers.:lol:

Originally posted by Noland
Brunell to TO would be awesome as big as TO is he could catch any thing in the area.

As far as TO attitude I like his attitude he is a winner he don't like stupid plays he is a leader he will get in any of the players face kinda like Marino did. Sometimes he goes over board with things but I would welcome to the dolphins anyday.

But that is a dream he will not go to the dolphins.

You are so right. Everyone calls TO a cancer, when I see him as a leader. Sure you get his idiotic celebrations from time to time, but the man can play. He shows up every game, injured or not, and has that fire inside of him to win. Thats why he gets the way he does, and thats why I would love to see him on this team.

You see nobody with that attitude to win the way TO has. We need some new blood on this team, and TO would be the perfect acquisition.

Originally posted by pb1300

You are so right. Everyone calls TO a cancer, when I see him as a leader. Sure you get his idiotic celebrations from time to time, but the man can play. He shows up every game, injured or not, and has that fire inside of him to win. Thats why he gets the way he does, and thats why I would love to see him on this team.

You see nobody with that attitude to win the way TO has. We need some new blood on this team, and TO would be the perfect acquisition.

TO complains about not getting the ball. which to me is not a bad thing since he has proven to be the best unlike meshawn who claimed he was the best before the fact.

Re: Re: no way we get TO

Originally posted by finfan54

according to clayton, tampa is 1.4 mill over the cap. they may look to dish Sapp and his huge salary. problem is, who wants him for that price? surely not the green bay packers.:lol:

well what i heard is that sapp is a free agent anyways so that means they don´t have to dump him, they just can let him go, as someone mentioned steve smith, he is a RFA , means compensation, probably a first, after his performance this season, so forget about him and look somewhere else

Back
Top Bottom