Bryce Brown | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bryce Brown

We all knew that Bryce didn't want to be here, and that if he came it was just for his brother. He needs someone to coddle him, and Randy's not going to do that. I know that Lane would, but I didn't think Bryce would be dumb enough to go to a program like Tennessee right now (new coach, several poor seasons, no real upside just yet). I think he was also afraid of the competition. Earlier in the year he came down to watch some of Lamar Miller's games. Said he was there to support his future teammates, but I guess he was really there to see whether or not he'd have competition. At least he'll be the featured back at Tennessee.

Ten can have B-Brown, is see for our 2010 class we are looking at a kid Gore. Whom i hear is as good or if not better than Brown

There's no shortage of RBs at the U, that's for sure. Obviously, you never want to lose the top recruit in the country, but it was Randy's call. If I were the coach, I would have done the same thing. It's a team game, and you can't let a guy who isn't even on the team call the shots. It also sends a signal to other recruits that an offer to play football at the University of Miami is a privilege and a special opportunity.
Mike James and Lamar Miller will pick up the slack, and of course there is a ton of talent in So Fla for 2010 with kids like Gore, Clements, Gainer, and several others. Smart move by Randy for team morale and chemistry. Time for it to translate into some wins!

JCane - If you read this, I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on what happened and why it happened with Bryce. I have the feeling that we never pulled his scholly, but maybe you've heard something.

I heard they weren't going to pull it...then Whipple went to visit him and Brown wasn't that receptive.

Of course..I could be wrong..it's all speculation.

I heard they weren't going to pull it...then Whipple went to visit him and Brown wasn't that receptive.

Of course..I could be wrong..it's all speculation.

Yeah the only reason I think they may have pulled it is after that one interview where Brown said that he didn't like Whipple's style of offense. This kid had so many excuses throughout the whole process that made you realize he didn't want to be here. I just dislike the fact that he remained committed the whole time, and held us back from offering another talented So Fla running back.

Yeah the only reason I think they may have pulled it is after that one interview where Brown said that he didn't like Whipple's style of offense. This kid had so many excuses throughout the whole process that made you realize he didn't want to be here. I just dislike the fact that he remained committed the whole time, and held us back from offering another talented So Fla running back.

The only other South Florida running back really worth offering was Jamal Berry. By the time the whole thing with Bryce Brown blew up Berry was already seriously committed to Ohio State. We didn't even give him an offer to begin with.

I kinda agree with you on when the scholarship was "pulled." Bryce didn't have a lot of good things to say about Whipple's offense but also Randy was ready to move forward into spring practice with what he had and we all know that Randy is all business and doesn't like distractions.

And 100% bull**** about Bryce comment's on Monday when he said, "I just felt like the 'Canes didn't know what they were doing on offense." Yeah, we didn't under Patrick Nix. Mark Whipple fixes that. He wants to bash Miami's offense from last season...you guys go take a look at what Tennessee did offensively last season. In every major statistical offensive category Miami was ranked higher than Tennesee.

It's not difficult to spot when exactly Bryce began to really have second thoughts. Bryce showed up at Killian high one Friday night and caught a close look at his future competition: Lamar Miller. That was all he needed to see if you ask me. I know I said all along that Bryce was a 'Cane and we all truly believe it. Everyone felt like his brother was enough to get him to tough it out. But we all know now which kid got all the heart in the family.

And just so it's clear, Bryce's scholarship was never pulled. It expired. There's a difference. Think of the LOI as a gallon of milk. If your milk expires, you get another gallon from the source. Randy never pulled the scholarship offer. He simply told Bryce that he had until the expiration date on his current LOI to sign. After that, a new LOI would not be offered. Bryce and Butler called his bluff and now he's in Knoxville.

And also, Bryce DID NOT have an offer from Miami to sign this past Monday. Lots of rumors going around that Randy gave him a new LOI just before his announcement. This is false. I know this for FACT.

Im rooting for Mike James...Im a Cooper and James fan and would like them to do well this year too. Would like to see both of them on an NFL team...

The only other South Florida running back really worth offering was Jamal Berry. By the time the whole thing with Bryce Brown blew up Berry was already seriously committed to Ohio State. We didn't even give him an offer to begin with.

I kinda agree with you on when the scholarship was "pulled." Bryce didn't have a lot of good things to say about Whipple's offense but also Randy was ready to move forward into spring practice with what he had and we all know that Randy is all business and doesn't like distractions.

And 100% bull**** about Bryce comment's on Monday when he said, "I just felt like the 'Canes didn't know what they were doing on offense." Yeah, we didn't under Patrick Nix. Mark Whipple fixes that. He wants to bash Miami's offense from last season...you guys go take a look at what Tennessee did offensively last season. In every major statistical offensive category Miami was ranked higher than Tennesee.

It's not difficult to spot when exactly Bryce began to really have second thoughts. Bryce showed up at Killian high one Friday night and caught a close look at his future competition: Lamar Miller. That was all he needed to see if you ask me. I know I said all along that Bryce was a 'Cane and we all truly believe it. Everyone felt like his brother was enough to get him to tough it out. But we all know now which kid got all the heart in the family.

Yeah, but at least we could have gone after Berry. Not saying that he would have committed, but one has to think that he would have given us a look if we came knocking. And you can't deny that Randy's been phenomenal at getting the So Fla talent that he goes after.

This kid went to more practices/scrimmages/games than any other recruit I've ever heard of. It's really pathetic when you think about it. He went to the place where he had the best chance to start period. He's nothing like his brother. His brother really toughed it out last year, and will likely be rewarded with a lot of playing time this year, and the starting job sometime this year or the following year. I'm glad that Randy's not going after these prima donnas like Coker would have.

to be honest dude, Im a fan of them but I want the best option to be out there...I want Miami to be ranked in the top 5 again and win a National Championship. I want the "U" to be back on the map and want teams scared of playing us.

Yeah, but at least we could have gone after Berry. Not saying that he would have committed, but one has to think that he would have given us a look if we came knocking. And you can't deny that Randy's been phenomenal at getting the So Fla talent that he goes after.

This kid went to more practices/scrimmages/games than any other recruit I've ever heard of. It's really pathetic when you think about it. He went to the place where he had the best chance to start period. He's nothing like his brother. His brother really toughed it out last year, and will likely be rewarded with a lot of playing time this year, and the starting job sometime this year or the following year. I'm glad that Randy's not going after these prima donnas like Coker would have.

To be honest, Berry wanted to be a 'Cane. He wanted an offer and never got it. He didn't get it because offers were out on Mike James, Lamar Miller, and Bryce Brown. Understand at the time, all three of these guys were solid LOCKS to Miami. Things with Bryce got ugly very very late in the recruiting season. With a loaded 2010 class in the state of Florida, it didn't make much sense for Randy to even try and sway Berry from Ohio State. Even if he tried, I don't think Berry would've came. Berry would have been nice, but he wasn't a necessity. We have great shots at Jahkari Gore, Eduardo Clements and another South Florida back but I forget his name.

To be honest, Berry wanted to be a 'Cane. He wanted an offer and never got it. He didn't get it because offers were out on Mike James, Lamar Miller, and Bryce Brown. Understand at the time, all three of these guys were solid LOCKS to Miami. Things with Bryce got ugly very very late in the recruiting season. With a loaded 2010 class in the state of Florida, it didn't make much sense for Randy to even try and sway Berry from Ohio State. Even if he tried, I don't think Berry would've came. Berry would have been nice, but he wasn't a necessity. We have great shots at Jahkari Gore, Eduardo Clements and another South Florida back but I forget his name.

Yeah Berry should would've been nice. Maybe the other guy you're thinking of is Brandon Gainer from Miami Central? I'm hoping it's him, so we could get that QB in a package deal. I also thought that we didn't have that great of a shot with Clements? I thought I heard that he was high on FSU and UGa. Either way, there is so much talent in So Fla next recruiting season it's not even funny/fair. Randy should have the consensus top class, but I'd settle for a top 5. He needs to start winning some games too.

Back
Top Bottom